Register Now
DC

Dumbest purchase

On 6/25/2022 at 9:32 AM, Justin11 said:

Damn, it was frustrating to hear at that time. I was charged such high amount of money, because I returned the first phone and was desperate for another phone. The first one was their fault, they sold a phone that was faulty and expect me to repair it. In order for them to give me another, they said I have to balance up, because the second one has more features than the first one, but in a nutshell, the charges was whopping, I didn't expect it. I bought the first one at '$85, then the second, I have to pay extra '40$. 

Was that a new phone you had purchased that was faulty? If it was a new smartphone, it should have had warranty and you won't have to pay a dime. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's a lot actually, you sure you couldn't have shopped around for a better deal on the phone you wanted? Or is it that the amount of phone sellers is limited based on where you live?

I'll say it is coincidental spending, totally unplanned. I wanted a phone that isn't faulty, a back up phone. Not that I don't have a phone, I have a good phone but I wanted something to back it up since we are facing issues of unstable power supply. So, I paid for the second hand phone, not knowing that it has a technical issue, returning the phone back for another caused me in the region of 30% for a little upgrade version. 

On 6/26/2022 at 6:11 PM, Justin11 said:

I'll say it is coincidental spending, totally unplanned. I wanted a phone that isn't faulty, a back up phone. Not that I don't have a phone, I have a good phone but I wanted something to back it up since we are facing issues of unstable power supply. So, I paid for the second hand phone, not knowing that it has a technical issue, returning the phone back for another caused me in the region of 30% for a little upgrade version. 

That absolute sucks - I'd be annoyed too if that happened to me.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That absolute sucks - I'd be annoyed too if that happened to me.

It sucks no doubt, but that's one of the dark moments in life, we face issues we never planned for. I've moved on since then, and fortunately the phone I paid that extra 30% is working fine for me. 

On 6/26/2022 at 11:49 PM, Heatman said:

Was that a new phone you had purchased that was faulty? If it was a new smartphone, it should have had warranty and you won't have to pay a dime. 

Nope, assume you read my first message you would've grasp the core information. The phone wasn't a new one, it is a fairly used phone that's why it came with the technical fault. The first user ruined it, and I was the person who suffered it.