Register Now
DC

Outdated Terms/Slang/Sayings

15 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

"All men are sexist"

Definitely. The generalization of both genders "all men are XYZ" and "all women are XYZ" based off a specific individual's few circumstances/interactions are so frustrating to me. It's also a major red flag in my opinion.

Just now, DC said:

Definitely. The generalization of both genders "all men are XYZ" and "all women are XYZ" based off a specific individual's few circumstances/interactions are so frustrating to me. It's also a major red flag in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree - it's also extremely childish and shows the maturity level of that individual. The part that gets me is seeing some men also repeat this nonsense - it's like you do realize that you belong to the same gender that they're criticizing?

41 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Smooth move ex lax.

All that and a bag of chips.

Any kind of valley girl bullshit. “Jelly” meaning jealous for example.

One that pisses me off to no end is when someone says “That’s gay”.

Trust me - the second one should've been banned from day one. It's so lame...

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

One that pisses me off to no end is when someone says “That’s gay”.

I'm with you on that one.  It's a saying brain dead idiots you can't think of a suitable verb.  It's never used in context and it never makes any sense.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

"All men are sexist"

Unfounded generalization isn't cool at all. This have been going on for so long that it should have been seen that it's not doing either gender any good. 

7 hours ago, Grungie said:

When bad meant good

Its now a thing to say 'stupid' when you are referring to a song, cloth or shoe that so good and deserves accolades.

Like 'that song is stupid bruh' in this context stupid means 'good or nice'

This is one slang I just don't fancy at all over here.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:11 AM, Clasher said:

Its now a thing to say 'stupid' when you are referring to a song, cloth or shoe that so good and deserves accolades.

Like 'that song is stupid bruh' in this context stupid means 'good or nice'

This is one slang I just don't fancy at all over here.

I know - this modern way of talking is pretty dumb to be honest. What gets me when they say stuff like stupid good - when did it become common pracitce to use both of these together?

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I know - this modern way of talking is pretty dumb to be honest. What gets me when they say stuff like stupid good - when did it become common pracitce to use both of these together?

Or slangs like "sick" a sick car or a sick house, it just sounds really awkward many people and especially the younger generation sees those slangs as cool.