Register Now
DC

What is your morning routine?

On 6/24/2022 at 9:07 PM, Aniekwe said:

If I can be able to get at least 5 minutes done without being thrown off by something I can't tell, I would see it as a good progress. 

It's easy. Just focus completely on your breathing when you inhale and exhale and before you know it, 5 minutes has passed.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:16 PM, killamch89 said:

I've been doing it for the better part of a decade but I've never really gone further than 15 minutes because there's no point in meditating for extended periods of time.

I have seen where monks are meditating for extended periods of time and it looks so unreal. How they completely shut off everything and go for hours with meditation 🧘‍♂️ is incredible. 

On 6/26/2022 at 5:53 PM, Heatman said:

I have seen where monks are meditating for extended periods of time and it looks so unreal. How they completely shut off everything and go for hours with meditation 🧘‍♂️ is incredible. 

I know but that's when you have lots of free time. I don't have that kind of time in any given day.

On 6/26/2022 at 11:53 PM, Heatman said:

And some of others like me don't or can't even succeed in doing it for just 5 minutes. It looks funny but that's how it's been with me for ages. Mediation isn't for me and it's why I can't have it in my morning routine. 

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

And some of others like me don't or can't even succeed in doing it for just 5 minutes. It looks funny but that's how it's been with me for ages. Mediation isn't for me and it's why I can't have it in my morning routine. 

Same here mate, instead of meditating I substitute it with workout and exercises as part of my morning routine.

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

Same here mate, instead of meditating I substitute it with workout and exercises as part of my morning routine.

To be fair, they aren't mutually exclusive. You can do both in the mornings - at least that's what I do.

11 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, they aren't mutually exclusive. You can do both in the mornings - at least that's what I do.

I devote about 45 minutes to workout in the morning, I don't do meditations because I am very much ready and active for the rest of the days activities after a good workout in the morning. Meditations aren't just my thing, you can combine the two if you like though but that's not my preference.