Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel about paying full price for new versions of games you already bought?

It's hard for me to say, because I almost never buy games at full price. That, and I almost always enjoy the games I purchase. That said, I think I'm more critical of games I pay more for because I want to get my money's worth. If I feel that it wasn't entirely worth the cost, I feel resentful and upset. It's like DLCs for games, you buy $50 of a product then if ou moved to a new sim/game and that product gets released that's the same for that new game you end up paying it over again...

5 hours ago, Empire said:

It's hard for me to say, because I almost never buy games at full price. That, and I almost always enjoy the games I purchase. That said, I think I'm more critical of games I pay more for because I want to get my money's worth. If I feel that it wasn't entirely worth the cost, I feel resentful and upset. It's like DLCs for games, you buy $50 of a product then if ou moved to a new sim/game and that product gets released that's the same for that new game you end up paying it over again...

That's not worth it, I agree with what you've said. I can't fancy my time paying double for relatively same game. If it has a new DLC, and it cost the same as I bought the game, I wouldn't go on to download the patch. Even if it has bugs, I'll stick to it, if I'm tired of the bugs, then I'll get rid of the game. 

On 6/25/2022 at 3:48 AM, killamch89 said:

Nope - I'm not paying that for it. I'll waiting until the price drops to something like $5 to $10 before I'll consider it. Unless the remake is drastically different from the original, I wouldn't consider spending anything over $40 either.

I have a friend who does exactly the same thing with how he purchases his games. It doesn't matter how long he's got to wait for it to drop in price before getting the game. He told me one time that no gamer ever died from waiting for the game's price to fall 😂

I don't usually buy until it's lowered down in price. I get why they charge full price for some of these remasters. With the last of us part one, they remade the character models and did some other work. Just wait to buy it when it goes on sale. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't usually buy until it's lowered down in price. I get why they charge full price for some of these remasters. With the last of us part one, they remade the character models and did some other work. Just wait to buy it when it goes on sale. 

Yeah but the last of us is a game that's 9 years old and already had a remaster on ps4 a year later, you would guess they priced yet another updated version around 35-40 mark instead of charging full price for it and let's face it this remaster or updated version is likely not worth charging full price for that probably had the bare minimum done to upgrade the game for pc. But you know sony must have thought if nintendo gets away with it, why wouldn't we, right.

Like you said just hold off on it as i can see this going for around 20-25 by Christmas.

Edited by Yaramaki

Also, what happened to when studios offered free upgrades the newer version? Or the new gen version like back with the 360 /Xbox one for example. Or a lowered fee to upgrade. 

I think if it's a full on remake from the ground up, then yes charge full price. But if it's just a version with better graphics and minimal changes, than it should be half off the original price or cheaper. 

4 hours ago, Empire said:

The 600 variant is not even out yet Xd and once we see that on the market then the 800 should be around 3 weeks after, then again they been delaying it heavy. I mostly fly on IVAO/VAtim a realism ATC network, and you neeed to know what you are doing with the aircaft and how to use the FMC. I always program the FMC myself from dark. 

I would have loved for us to keep on with our engagement on MFS and the aircrafts but before we'd get called to get back on topic by any of the mods or, let me wake up before that happens. 

I'm looking forward to the release of Dead Space Remake but the price of the game would be an issue because I think they are selling it for full price. I checked pre order for the game and I got $69.99. 

38 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I would have loved for us to keep on with our engagement on MFS and the aircrafts but before we'd get called to get back on topic by any of the mods or, let me wake up before that happens. 

Create a new topic or give me a decent title for said topic and i'll create it myself, that way i can move the entire microsoft flight simulation discussion over there and you can continue your talk about airplanes in a dedicated topic and this thread is clean and on topic again that's two birds in one stone.

Edited by Yaramaki

On 7/19/2022 at 3:15 AM, Yaramaki said:

Yeah but the last of us is a game that's 9 years old and already had a remaster on ps4 a year later, you would guess they priced yet another updated version around 35-40 mark instead of charging full price for it and let's face it this remaster or updated version is likely not worth charging full price for that probably had the bare minimum done to upgrade the game for pc. But you know sony must have thought if nintendo gets away with it, why wouldn't we, right.

Like you said just hold off on it as i can see this going for around 20-25 by Christmas.

True, but isn't the new Last of Us 1 more of a remake than a remaster? I know they changed all of the character models and did some other work with gameplay and stuff. But yeah, I don't agree with it being full price. Maybe half of the original price. 

But they want that extra bit of money, so they will price it at the max they can. I don't think it warrants the full price anyway, but that's me. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

True, but isn't the new Last of Us 1 more of a remake than a remaster? I know they changed all of the character models and did some other work with gameplay and stuff. But yeah, I don't agree with it being full price. Maybe half of the original price. 

But they want that extra bit of money, so they will price it at the max they can. I don't think it warrants the full price anyway, but that's me. 

They are greedy enough to have it set at full price, that's their business and I won't blame them but my own business would be deciding when to get the game. No harm has ever been done from waiting and I'm going to wait for as long as it takes for the game's price to be slashed or when they offer some promo discounts on the game. 

From a different perspective anyone who is willing to purchase a new version of a video game they already bought or owned must have enjoyed the game really well and wants something more from the game.

The game industries knows this so they give the gamers what they want (which is something more of the same game) but at a price for what the original game or first version is worth. This is just business and damn this game companies are good at it.

On 7/24/2022 at 11:40 AM, Clasher said:

From a different perspective anyone who is willing to purchase a new version of a video game they already bought or owned must have enjoyed the game really well and wants something more from the game.

The game industries knows this so they give the gamers what they want (which is something more of the same game) but at a price for what the original game or first version is worth. This is just business and damn this game companies are good at it.

Yeah, that's just how it goes. The option to leave it or play it always there as long as you want to. It's going to suck missing out on playing the game even though you like it but because of the price, you would have to settle without it. 

In everything, I know that why follow such practices is because of how the initial game held up. So, they are banking on gamers not being able to say no to it no matter the cost. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's just how it goes. The option to leave it or play it always there as long as you want to. It's going to suck missing out on playing the game even though you like it but because of the price, you would have to settle without it. 

In everything, I know that why follow such practices is because of how the initial game held up. So, they are banking on gamers not being able to say no to it no matter the cost. 

Everyone has a choice to either move on to a new game or buy the new version of an already played video game at the same price as the original version.

It doesn't really mean  it's wrong but as long as you can afford it then you could go for it.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Everyone has a choice to either move on to a new game or buy the new version of an already played video game at the same price as the original version.

It doesn't really mean  it's wrong but as long as you can afford it then you could go for it.

And that's exactly what I would do. Either not get the game at full price, or just wait until it goes on sale for a more reasonable price. I have no interest in paying full price for a game I played nearly 10 years ago. Even if it has some updated visuals and controls. 

On 8/1/2022 at 8:26 PM, Kane99 said:

And that's exactly what I would do. Either not get the game at full price, or just wait until it goes on sale for a more reasonable price. I have no interest in paying full price for a game I played nearly 10 years ago. Even if it has some updated visuals and controls. 

Lol

I have bought some remakes immediately they were released , but I wouldn't do that for just any game.

Sometimes I wait for several months or even a year before I get into a video game that has been released.