Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel about paying full price for new versions of games you already bought?

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Fair, but this game is being built from the ground up, which makes it more than a remaster. When I hear "Remake" I think of a game that's completely new, but has the same ideas and story, has new controls, animations, design, etc. I hope it doesn't price out at $70, but with how most other games are jumping to that price now, I can see this remake being priced as so. I also just checked Amazon for some of the upcoming EA games, and Madden 23 for example is priced at $70 for the new gen versions. So my guess is that it'll go for $70 as well. 

But, I'll just wait for a while until the price drops before I pick it up. That's what I do for most games these days anyway. 

It's obviously a pattern for EA now when it comes to their new game's pricing. Well, that's something we would all have to live with from now henceforth. As long as the game meets the expectations it's supposed to meet, paying the $70 for it wouldn't be too difficult to do. 

29 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's obviously a pattern for EA now when it comes to their new game's pricing. Well, that's something we would all have to live with from now henceforth. As long as the game meets the expectations it's supposed to meet, paying the $70 for it wouldn't be too difficult to do. 

To be fair to EA, it's not just them pricing games at $70. It seems most companies are adopting the $70 price tag, because everyone else is doing it. I think Ubisoft held off on it for a while, but they too are charging $70 for new games. 

If the game is worth the price, people will pay it though. As long as the game isn't a failure, it will sell just fine at $70. It sucks having to pay that much for a game, so I'll just wait longer for it. No biggie. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

To be fair to EA, it's not just them pricing games at $70. It seems most companies are adopting the $70 price tag, because everyone else is doing it. I think Ubisoft held off on it for a while, but they too are charging $70 for new games. 

If the game is worth the price, people will pay it though. As long as the game isn't a failure, it will sell just fine at $70. It sucks having to pay that much for a game, so I'll just wait longer for it. No biggie. 

I think games right now is usually priced between $30 to $70 only a few goes below or above this price mark.

I don't mind paying full price for remakes of video games if I am really interested in it though.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

I think games right now is usually priced between $30 to $70 only a few goes below or above this price mark.

I don't mind paying full price for remakes of video games if I am really interested in it though.

Don't worry, you'll see games soon being the same with the price of their console version. I wouldn't be surprised too if you pay up to that equivalent man, 😂. Their is nothing hilarious in there, games are going ridiculously expensive this days with lots of cut and join versions that looks the same from it's previous edition to it's sequel. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Don't worry, you'll see games soon being the same with the price of their console version. I wouldn't be surprised too if you pay up to that equivalent man, 😂. Their is nothing hilarious in there, games are going ridiculously expensive this days with lots of cut and join versions that looks the same from it's previous edition to it's sequel. 

I don't think a single video could be sane Price as a console that sounds unruly , in a case like that then the console might have double or even tripled in price due to inflation and everything else not just video games is going to be affected in that kind of bizarre situation.

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, that's going to be the only justifiable reason for people to pay for it and don't feel like they were cheated. EA and Ubisoft are birds of the same feathers the way I see both of the companies.

There's no much differences from their practices over the years. The only thing now is that it's as if EA pulled away clear in their race as a more leading company. 

On 8/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, Heatman said:

Yeah, that was the exact same thing I did. I never bother about the Digital Deluxe version or the Firefly Edition. I'm very good with the basic edition. 

In all honesty, that's how it's supposed to be but these companies greedy wouldn't let them offer any sort of discount and not to talk about giving it for free. 

speaking of companies, the dev team of this 10 year old game is giving theirs away for free. 😉
I'm not sure if it's time limited though 🤔

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2022/08/stealth-action-game-republique-is-now-free-and-steam-deck-verified/

af26d5ecd2e5e4eac0c5409bf0311ad1.jpg

On 8/12/2022 at 9:33 AM, Clasher said:

I don't think a single video could be sane Price as a console that sounds unruly , in a case like that then the console might have double or even tripled in price due to inflation and everything else not just video games is going to be affected in that kind of bizarre situation.

Check out the current price of PS3, it is around $90-100$, and at the moment we have games that are even close or more than 90$. I know it wouldn't be for PS3, but when you compare it with PS3's original price it is up to the price. I bought a single PS3 game $50 in 2015, where as I bought a fairly used PS3 at that same amount from the store keeper. Meaning I spent $100 for the game and the console, that's weird man. 

15 hours ago, Gonassis said:

speaking of companies, the dev team of this 10 year old game is giving theirs away for free. 😉
I'm not sure if it's time limited though 🤔

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2022/08/stealth-action-game-republique-is-now-free-and-steam-deck-verified/

af26d5ecd2e5e4eac0c5409bf0311ad1.jpg

I'm always very careful with clicking on links to avoid getting caught up with shit. Next time, you can easily have the video on YouTube link embedded in your post. It's a lot safer. Since the update came with a YouTube video, it works even better for more clarity. 

For those interested in watching the video without clicking the link, here it is. 

@Heatman thanks for telling me that, although I'm used to linking to stuff from where I found them because there are some people like me that like to read stuff. 😅

also I'm used to reddit.

Uhhh, I think I may have played text based mmorpg's or MUD's, a few years back... so that might explain "some" of my behavior.

But yeah, other people prefer watching vs reading stuff, so... thanks again. 😁

9 minutes ago, Gonassis said:

@Heatman thanks for telling me that, although I'm used to linking to stuff from where I found them because there are some people like me that like to read stuff. 😅

also I'm used to reddit.

Uhhh, I think I may have played text based mmorpg's or MUD's, a few years back... so that might explain "some" of my behavior.

But yeah, other people prefer watching vs reading stuff, so... thanks again. 😁

Sure thing, I understand exactly that as well. I do click on links but it's mostly links that I know the website they are leading to. Just like you mentioned Reddit, once it's a URL routing me to that site, I know it's a safe link. 

I'm going to check if it's possible for me to get the game Republique for free once I'm back home. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Check out the current price of PS3, it is around $90-100$, and at the moment we have games that are even close or more than 90$. I know it wouldn't be for PS3, but when you compare it with PS3's original price it is up to the price. I bought a single PS3 game $50 in 2015, where as I bought a fairly used PS3 at that same amount from the store keeper. Meaning I spent $100 for the game and the console, that's weird man. 

That's exactly my point, there are no games that were originally made in the era of PS3 that hasn't gone down In price as well.

Check out the current prices of more recent Consoles like ps5 and Xbox series X there is no game that is up to a thousand dollars right now.

As we move forward the prices of Consoles either inflate or goes down and so is the prices of games that are made in that period as well.

30 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Sure thing, I understand exactly that as well. I do click on links but it's mostly links that I know the website they are leading to. Just like you mentioned Reddit, once it's a URL routing me to that site, I know it's a safe link. 

I'm going to check if it's possible for me to get the game Republique for free once I'm back home. 

I understand your points as well, I know the site that I linked, it's just probably a matter of personal recognizability then...

also when it comes to youtube, or reddit, or some of the top 100 websites in the world based on traffic of course people would recognize thouse probably. 

Also do try out republique, it's a great stealth/story game, I finished it years ago on a friend's PC, though the replayability factor depends on the preference of the one playing, once you're done with the 1st story playthrough.

And if you don't know the origin of the game, it's actually surprising that this game was 1st born as an iphone or ipad game 10 years ago? I can't recall correctly. 😅

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's exactly my point, there are no games that were originally made in the era of PS3 that hasn't gone down In price as well.

Check out the current prices of more recent Consoles like ps5 and Xbox series X there is no game that is up to a thousand dollars right now.

As we move forward the prices of Consoles either inflate or goes down and so is the prices of games that are made in that period as well.

Your points are correct, but during the time I bought my first PS3 the price was high as well, just that I bought it quite cheaper but the game itself didn't come low, I spent more than I expected. 

This is getting back into chat-style messages with little content, and is talking about the used console/games market which doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at hand, nor do the companies making the games really care about it any more. If you want to discuss the used games market, that's a topic I'm more than happy see discussed elsewhere.

The question remains the same: how do you feel about paying full price for new versions of games you have already bought? I'd like to read the opinions of those who haven't already contributed to this topic, or something not already said pertaining to the topic by those who have contributed.