Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game do you struggle with that everyone claims is easy?

I would have to say DKC on SNES. I don't know why, but that game is one of the hardest for me that I've ever played. I have beaten it as well as DKC2. I have all three of them, but considering what the previous 2 are (not to mention how much they piss me off) I have no intention of playing the third. I only have it to complete the SNES trilogy.

On the flip side, I find Zelda II extremely easy, while the vast majority who have played the game say it's hard as hell.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I would have to say DKC on SNES. I don't know why, but that game is one of the hardest for me that I've ever played. I have beaten it as well as DKC2. I have all three of them, but considering what the previous 2 are (not to mention how much they piss me off) I have no intention of playing the third. I only have it to complete the SNES trilogy.

On the flip side, I find Zelda II extremely easy, while the vast majority who have played the game say it's hard as hell.

I'm not going to lie, some of the levels on the original Donkey Kong Country were pretty tricky and most would agree.

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Any Super Mario Game, for sure some levels are tough but the only Super Mario Game I have actually finish was Super Mario Galaxy. Basically a suck at platformers

Most Super Mario games do have some very tricky stages but I wouldn't say they're hard to finish. Prince Of Persia games have some pretty difficult stages as a platformer.

I would say Candy Crush. It's my sister's favourite game on mobile phones which I have seen her play several times and it looks pretty whenever she's playing it. But when it gets to me, I completely suck at the game. I'm not sure if it's why I hate the game so much. 

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

There is this mobile phone game that is always difficult for me to play called sokudu, though my pals feel it's a pretty easy game I still can't decipher how to play it well.

Lol, very funny hard game, which I plated first time with my mom's nokia touch light phone, what a hard game. 

On 7/8/2022 at 8:14 PM, Clasher said:

There is this mobile phone game that is always difficult for me to play called sokudu, though my pals feel it's a pretty easy game I still can't decipher how to play it well.

Why on earth would you bring Sudoku (I'm assuming that's a misspelling on your part) into this? It's a logic based number puzzle, no more and no less. Yes, you can obviously play it on an electronic device these days, but the same is also true of Solitaire and one would hardly call that a video game. Candy Crush is also puzzle game, so like Sudoku the difficulty is a reflection of the person playing it, so I'm not sure how relevant that is to the subject at hand either, but I'll give @Heatman a little credit in that game at least that only exists as a video game. So it's the same vain as something like Tetris, so whilst I'm still unsure of how a puzzle game fit's into a conversation like this, Candy Does still count as a video game. Sudoku, I'd have to say, does not. Think about it this way, if I were to struggle with a Crossword app on my phone (and I would because I suck monkeys at crosswords), would that count here?

Your post clasher along with @Justin11 tailing onto your comment tells me both of you were scraping for an excuse to post on this thread, when closer to the truth is that neither of you really had anything to say. When are you guys to learn that when have nothing to say it is OK to say nothing? @Justin11, you didn't even bring up a game of you own to add to conversation! Come one, guys...

Anyway, with that out of the way;

On 6/25/2022 at 1:40 AM, The Blackangel said:

DKC is actually considered pretty infamous for it's difficulty in most circles. I personally didn't think is was as brutal as some people claim, but it was not an easy game by anybody's standard.

For me to pick a game, I'd probably go for ReCore. Most reviews I read called it a breeze, some even sighting the lack of difficulty as problem, but the game had balls for me. It had an old school, Metroid feel and kept me on my toes big time.

Edited by Shagger

On 6/24/2022 at 10:32 PM, kingpotato said:

Any Super Mario Game, for sure some levels are tough but the only Super Mario Game I have actually finish was Super Mario Galaxy. Basically a suck at platformers

I consider myself adept at platform games and even I struggle with the first Super Mario Bros. on NES. There is a lot to look out for in terms of level hazards and enemies, but they got easier as time went on.

~

I  myself struggled with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, or more specifically its dragon fights. I'm generally not a fan of ES combat in any iteration of the games, but Skyrim is up there as one of my least favourite barring stealth-archer build (AKA the only build.)

4 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I consider myself adept at platform games and even I struggle with the first Super Mario Bros. on NES. There is a lot to look out for in terms of level hazards and enemies, but they got easier as time went on.

SMB can be hard as hell if you don't play it constantly. The hardest level is by far 8-4. Trying to find the correct path to follow so you can beat Bowser is one of the most difficult things. If you take one single wrong turn, you're not going to find him. The game gives you plenty of chances to find the right path, but it sure as hell doesn't make it easy.

Well, games that I don't play then 😜 HArd to get into and easy for othrs to play, Mincraft I never got into, never will. I don't care whatpeople say, Yet or but I never get into playing that, same with fortnite. I see so many get to play that crazy kids game called fortnite - Me, thought..?  I would not ge tinto that. Then again PubG is somthing that I would not buy and play, Yet I end up playing it for awhile till I gave up. 

5 hours ago, Empire said:

Well, games that I don't play then 😜 HArd to get into and easy for othrs to play, Mincraft I never got into, never will. I don't care whatpeople say, Yet or but I never get into playing that, same with fortnite. I see so many get to play that crazy kids game called fortnite - Me, thought..?  I would not ge tinto that. Then again PubG is somthing that I would not buy and play, Yet I end up playing it for awhile till I gave up. 

Then which one do you plan to go into? Because, all you've mentioned here are just delusional to you. 

On 7/9/2022 at 8:43 AM, Withywarlock said:

I  myself struggled with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, or more specifically its dragon fights. I'm generally not a fan of ES combat in any iteration of the games, but Skyrim is up there as one of my least favourite barring stealth-archer build (AKA the only build.)

Playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was quite very challenging for me when I started playing the game at first. I had to put more time into watching some of my favorite YouTubers on how to get with playing the game before it helped. Although, the challenges are still there but I know how to handle it now. 

When I tried Elden ring first time via my friend's PS4, I didn't enjoy the game first time. I was just confused with the controls. Assumed I played it couple of times, maybe I could've been used to the game's controls, but unfortunately for me, I couldn't. And it was truly a nightmare first experience with the game, 'damn. 

Actually I kinda suck at Doom(2016) which is weird for me because first person shooter games is one of my specialty.

I only struggle to complete certain mission which is not same for other first person shooter games like call of duty, Destiny 2 , borderlands and the likes.