Register Now
StaceyPowers

Audio balancing in games

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

The default sound sits well with my sound bar and I pretty much grasps every single sound and dialogue made when I am on active game play.

And most video games comes with default soundtrack playlist. I never gotten the chance to change audios/soundtracks the way I wanted. 

I game on PC and oftentimes like to watch youtube, movies, or listen to music. Plus I'm in a voice chat often with friends, so I have to turn the audio down in game to hear everything else. It always seems like the game audio is way overpowering. Especially the music. I don't know why that is. But I always have to turn the volume down. 

22 hours ago, Grungie said:

Some can be annoying, especially if you can’t customize the audio levels, but the ones that are obnoxious to me are kind of a rarity.

It's just like how the voice lines in SegaSonic the Hedgehog completely ruined the game everytime that I played the game. It's got a horrible lousy sound. 

16 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's just like how the voice lines in SegaSonic the Hedgehog completely ruined the game everytime that I played the game. It's got a horrible lousy sound. 

Which one are you talking about?

I prefer manually fine tuning outstanding game audio (increasing dialogue gain and reducing sudden sounds). It gives me greater control and pinpoint accuracy. Of course, it requires more effort and time. After i make cuts, i use a crossfade over the audio cuts to make the volume rise and fall smoother. I own a GoXLR soooooo