Register Now
GeppyX

I got a PS5. It has frozen 3 times!

I finally got a PS5. Gamestop had a Pro Member day and I was first in line and got a bundle. I figured that it will take forever to get the stand alone console. 

Anyways, I was playing Last of Us 2 on it. The game has frozen 3 times now. I don't know if it's the game or the PS5. It keeps on saying something went wrong with the system software.

You may have had the bad luck to end up with a lemon.

That said, I have had what I would call a "half-freeze" happen with mine. A couple times now, in RDR2, there have been a few times that I wouldn't be able to control Arthur in any way, and typically have to reset the game. Like when I was in a gun shop, Arthur opened the book, but the camera stayed behind him instead of going to the book. I wasn't able to do anything at al. The shop owner kept going with the conversations, but I couldn't do a damn thing. Sometimes plugging my controller back into the system. Sometimes not. I think they just have a hell of a lot of bugs, the same as any other system.

I got mine directly from Playstation.com so you may have gotten one that was damaged due to mishandling by wherever you got it. So something internally could be screwed up by either the store you got it from, or if you got it second hand, the person you got it from or store. Big name stores like Walmart don't always take the best care of their deliveries.

On 10/8/2022 at 4:57 PM, The Blackangel said:

I got mine directly from Playstation.com so you may have gotten one that was damaged due to mishandling by wherever you got it. So something internally could be screwed up by either the store you got it from, or if you got it second hand, the person you got it from or store. Big name stores like Walmart don't always take the best care of their deliveries.

Getting it directly from the stores usually comes with a warranty and you could return the PlayStation 5 if you notice any fault while using it.

Have you ever sorted this out, OP?  I Believe you can rebuild the system database & software by booting it into safe mode. It sounds like it could be faulty system software or an update didn't install properly.  Here's how to get into the safe mode menu:

How to start your console in Safe Mode

• Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds. ...
  • Once the console is off, press and hold the power button again. ...
  • Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

You can read more about it here - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/safe-mode-playstation/

Ive read places saying some systems are busted but that these were more pre-release consoles than consoles in the wild. Im sure its just a bug that will be ironed out with patches/firmware updates. Hopefully anyway!

Doesn't seem to be game related since everyone is having issues across multiple titles, Here's hoping there's a hotfix from Sony soon. Reading about these sweet machines turning to bricks always makes me paranoid.

On 11/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, Empire said:

Ive read places saying some systems are busted but that these were more pre-release consoles than consoles in the wild. Im sure its just a bug that will be ironed out with patches/firmware updates. Hopefully anyway!

Doesn't seem to be game related since everyone is having issues across multiple titles, Here's hoping there's a hotfix from Sony soon. Reading about these sweet machines turning to bricks always makes me paranoid.

I haven't heard about any PlayStation 4 user having a reoccurring console freeze problem.

It would be best to contact support and Maybe they might just know what the issue is.