Register Now
NightmareFarm

Favourite DLC in a video game?

My favourite DLC of all time in video games would be Bloodborne - The old Hunters. It's by far the most incredible DLC that's ever been made for me. No other one beats it as far as my interest in the game goes. It brought more comprehensiveness to the game, added new stock of items with bosses that are the best in the game. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

My favourite DLC of all time in video games would be Bloodborne - The old Hunters. It's by far the most incredible DLC that's ever been made for me. No other one beats it as far as my interest in the game goes. It brought more comprehensiveness to the game, added new stock of items with bosses that are the best in the game. 

That's absolutely true man, it gave bloodborne a whole feel and I loved every bit of it.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:33 PM, Clasher said:

That's absolutely true man, it gave bloodborne a whole feel and I loved every bit of it.

Bloodborne - The old Hunters is the only game's DLC that I would finish playing and whenever I get back to it again, it would still feel like it's my first time playing it because the good feeling never waves off. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Bloodborne - The old Hunters is the only game's DLC that I would finish playing and whenever I get back to it again, it would still feel like it's my first time playing it because the good feeling never waves off. 

I enjoyed the new locations , bosses and the weapons that was featured in the expansion dlc for bloodborne.

I have played every game from the series but this expansion DLC has further increased the love I have for the game.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

I enjoyed the new locations , bosses and the weapons that was featured in the expansion dlc for bloodborne.

I have played every game from the series but this expansion DLC has further increased the love I have for the game.

I also enjoyed playing The Witcher 3 : Blood and Wine, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - The Shivering Isles. They are both equally good DLC's. There was an fantastic story in Blood and Wine, where players where introduced to new locations, more monsters/beasts, new characters and tough bosses. 

I do not have a favourite, in fect that I brought all DLCs for the Hunter Call of the Wild and same for ETS/ATS in regards to that 😛 

I gotta say I love the new map they they realse for COTW it's epic 🙂 since I do flight sims, I spent good amount of it regards DLCs that aren't really DLCs XD more like addons and whatnot. 

28 minutes ago, Empire said:

I do not have a favourite, in fect that I brought all DLCs for the Hunter Call of the Wild and same for ETS/ATS in regards to that 😛 

I gotta say I love the new map they they realse for COTW it's epic 🙂 since I do flight sims, I spent good amount of it regards DLCs that aren't really DLCs XD more like addons and whatnot. 

I have been meaning to get into playing Top Gun: Maverick DLC on Microsoft Flight Simulator but I'm yet to have the time for it. I'm very sure that you have had that taken care of because I know you enjoy flying a lot. 

I'm going to have to go for GTA IV and RDR1, simply because they had my favorite dlc. GTA IV had the Ballad of Gay Tony and the Lost And Damned DLCs. Both were great. 

Then of course rdr1 had the undead nightmare. Which is one of my all time favorite DLCs ever. 

It has to be The Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles. Partly because it had to happen after the horse armour debacle: Bethesda were perfectly content releasing tripe like that until the backlash came, and between miniature content packs such as homes and spell tomes, they had only really planned Knights of the Nine. And while Knights of the Nine is certainly a fun time if you're a light-heavy armoured melee user, it's not much fun for those who aren't that into the Aedra and Daedra lore of the universe.

The Shivering Isles, on the other hand, had something for everyone. It's not a particularly serious setting but its silliness is usually volatile, showing that madness is a spectrum. You're tasked with bringing about chaos to the Shivering Isles, before they succumb to the reign of Jyggalag the Daedric Prince of Order, Logic and Deduction. It was my first exposure to the idea that order is not inherently good, that the Realm of the Mad God would be equally miserable were it just a silver wasteland. The good news is - if it can be called such - is that Jyggalag's Greymarch can be stopped and the cycle of chaos and order brought to a halt.

The Realm of the Mad God is split into two halves, each representing the very real depressive mental illnesses: Mania and Dementia. Mania is a colourful, happy-go-lucky side of the world guarded by the Golden Saints, the Aureals. It is the home of artists, anxious and fanatics, who - if they step out of line - are thrown into a dungeon prison where they can fight their way out... if they're given a fighting chance. Dementia on the other hand is a gloomy place, guarded by the Dark Seducers, the Mazken. Dementia is home to the paranoid, bitter and heretical. Featured here are the Hills of Suicide, where those who wish to end their suffering by their own hand are sent as a warning to others. Speaking of which...

The quests of the Shivering Isles aren't entirely maddening, save for one: the unmarked quest to free the souls of those stuck on the Hills of Suicide. By finding the skulls of those belonging to the ghosts, you can free them of their eternal torment. Doing so grants you a spell that only exists in the form of a staff: Raise Dead. You can animated a corpse without the need of Mannimarco's Staff of Worms. Not a very powerful spell I grant you, but an amusing one given the game's physics and something of a rare novelty. Other quests involve solving murders, thefts, fetching oddities, and mostly helping people find peace in some fashion. It's the little things that count on this rather large island.

Expansion packs like these ought to have memorable moments, and the game doesn't stop with them: building the Gatekeeper, a Flesh Atronach; defeating fool adventurers by manipulating traps of a dungeon; electing who should be the Prince of Madness' second-in-command, and receiving the game's greatest reward which I shan't spoil. And should you be foolish enough to attack Lord Sheogorath - who is 256 levels above your own - he will send you sightseeing. Enjoy the flight while it lasts.

It can be played at any level and balances itself accordingly as is expected of Oblivion. Nowhere is really off-limits, as while its main quest will send you hither-and-yon you're not exactly encouraged to go further, but good things await those who do. Try the exotic dishes, meet new, strange people... and kill them.

There's many DLCs out there but there are none that have ever commanded such respect from me. It is one of my measuring sticks for an expansion pack. If it isn't as good as The Shivering Isles, what's the point?

Horizon Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds gave a very good insight into the game's story. I can't wait to see what they are going to cook up in the DLC for Horizons Forbidden West. It's still new, but with time, I'm sure they will work on expanding the story. 

I remember assassin's Creed had a few fun DLCs, sadly they were way too short if I remember. At least from the 360/ps3 days. 

I remember they made a couple standalone arcade games too. That weren't dlc but like smaller games in the AC world. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I remember assassin's Creed had a few fun DLCs, sadly they were way too short if I remember. At least from the 360/ps3 days. 

I remember they made a couple standalone arcade games too. That weren't dlc but like smaller games in the AC world. 

It's just like in Assassin's Creed Valhalla with its two DLC's of The Wrath of the Druids and The Seige of Paris. I played both of them but the former was essentially the best for me because of how the gameplay took shape as it had Eivor dropped in Ireland where you're to gain the favor of the King of Ireland and help him to secure his throne. Dealing with the druidic cult know as the Children of Danu where you have to hunt all of them and kill them was fun in the DLC.