Register Now
DC

The funniest video game

3 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

Beavis & Butthead is the funniest video game I've ever played. I'm not sure about the goat simulator. Not sure that appeals to me.

My brother was of the same opinion about how funny Beavis & Butthead played out. I never played it but from the video game's trailer and a little playthrough I watched on YouTube, it looks funny. 

I'm surprised hearing that Goat Simulator doesn't appeal to you because most people really liked it. GS 3 is set to be released on 17th November 2022, maybe you should look into it. 

On 8/20/2022 at 10:41 PM, Kane99 said:

Aren't those like role play servers? I know the likes of GTA V and RDR online have roleplay servers where you can do some modding. At least I think so, I could be wrong. 

Yes, they are server based, FIveM servers to your own servers with FivePD on them. They are not linked in anyway regards GTA online servers. With those servers you can add mods or make your own to be added or whatnot. 

On 8/21/2022 at 6:59 AM, Heatman said:

My brother was of the same opinion about how funny Beavis & Butthead played out. I never played it but from the video game's trailer and a little playthrough I watched on YouTube, it looks funny. 

I'm surprised hearing that Goat Simulator doesn't appeal to you because most people really liked it. GS 3 is set to be released on 17th November 2022, maybe you should look into it. 

i looked at the gameplay on youtube. i just didn't find it interesting.

Don't think i ever replied to this thread, so let us change that now, i'll try not to go into obscure games too much this time.

I always felt like the humour in saints row felt forced, some characters are likeable like johhny gat but he tries way too hard in later games to be funny that it feels unnatural. Goat simulator while i had a good laugh with it, the novelty wears off pretty quickly. Same with the Borderlands series, it just tries too hard to be funny.

A lot of the early lucas arts point and click games like secret of monkey island and grim fadango just to name would be a perfect candidate for funniest videogames because the humour comes naturally, same with the leisure suit larry games (altough not all are great) you can't help but laughing when larry fucks up yet again. 

Offcourse both south park rpg's are a no brainer if you are a fan of the show, because it's full of typical south park humour.

If we think outside the box a bit and name something like Gta 5, especially early game when you play as franklin together with lamar are supposed to be kidnapping a person and you have to take control of chop a dog, man i almost wet my pants when they fucked up yet again and had to let go of the person in the end. Like whenever lamar says something you just have to laugh another legendary conversation i can remember was between trevor and lamar when you have to drive together in a truck alongside franklin with stolen vehicles. Man whenever lamar opens his mouth you just know something stupid and funny will come out of it.

The witcher 3, while it's a serious game, in a couple of side missions geralt get's made a complete fool out of himself.

Maybe i should add another recent example and that's the outer wilds, from the side characters , your companions to the dialogue choice you can make a fool out of pretty much anybody that you can talk too. It's hard to not have a laugh at some of the whacky choices you can make and above all it feels natural. If an npc is talking for too long or annoying, you can tell them to shut up, just give them a punch in the face or if you feel really adventurous why not just shoot them lol.

A couple of others that have not been mentioned before but are bound to make you smile, well if you're not a complete sour puss anyway :

• Yakazu series 
  • Lego City Undercover
  • Bully
  • Two point Hospital and Two point campus (haven't played campus myself yet but from the looks of it, looks to be funny as hell again )
  • Jak and dexter series
  • Various Fmv games like Night trap and Plumbers Don't Wear Ties just to name two,( if only for the hilariously bad acting)
  • Psychonauts
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Skate series ->  the hall of meat sections and the rediculous ragdoll physics always made me laugh
  • Fable series 

And let's wrap things up with games that are funny when you are playing with somebody aka local coop -> mario party, wii sports and it's various reincarnations, Overcooked, Monopoly (especially when you are winning always good for a laugh), Mario vs sonic games, 2020 olympic tokyo just to name a few. Don't underestimate the power of playing games with somebody else or even a better a couple of people in the same room because everithing that is remotly competitive can turn out to be a funny experience.

On 8/23/2022 at 12:50 AM, runswithspatulas said:

i looked at the gameplay on youtube. i just didn't find it interesting.

Well, that's very unfortunate and equally understandable too. This is because there's every possibility that a game which impresses another gamer wouldn't scratch it for another person. It's how powerful our individual differences and perception works. 

On 8/21/2022 at 9:09 AM, runswithspatulas said:

Beavis & Butthead is the funniest video game I've ever played. I'm not sure about the goat simulator. Not sure that appeals to me.

Your comment brought this game back to my memory it was available on Sega Genesis back then and it is really hilarious, good thing you remembered it.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

Epic 👌

I didn't know there was a pc version of this game.

LOL! I didn't either at the time. It was on a disc. Like a CD type disc. I finally ended up sending off for the cheats cuz I got stuck at the butchering plant. The little mini games were hilarious. The hock a loogie was gross but hysterical. LOL! At one point in the video game you can make Beavis pick up a dead squirrel. 

The Bevis and Butthead game was kinda bad though wasn't it? It's still Beavis and Butthead though, so I still thought it was funny at the time. Especially since the show was so popular back then. 

Also wasn't there a game called Boogerman? I think that was another fun one. 

16 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

LOL! I didn't either at the time. It was on a disc. Like a CD type disc. I finally ended up sending off for the cheats cuz I got stuck at the butchering plant. The little mini games were hilarious. The hock a loogie was gross but hysterical. LOL! At one point in the video game you can make Beavis pick up a dead squirrel. 

Beavis was such a nuisance and was prone to making irrational decisions throughout the game.

If there is a physical copy available right now I would go in search of it this is one of those such games I want to add to my collection.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Beavis was such a nuisance and was prone to making irrational decisions throughout the game.

If there is a physical copy available right now I would go in search of it this is one of those such games I want to add to my collection.

idk if there is any. none of my laptops will take any discs

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Also wasn't there a game called Boogerman? I think that was another fun one. 

You're damn right about Boogerman. It was a Pick and Flick Adventure game where you use nasty skills and techniques to kill enemies. It's a little bit disgusting 🤢 by the way.