Register Now
Gonassis

Which "PS5 Limited Edition" Version Wold You Like to See?

It has been a year and a half now since the console was introduced, so far we had no Limited Edition versions of the console, and I'm not 100% sure there will be any for this version of the console because of the "plate exchange" option, but I would still like to see some.

There already was a God of War edition of PS4, as well as a Death Stranding one, so I kinda doubt there will be one for PS5.

But I would love to see the following:

- FF16 Limited Edition, maybe one that has a Phoenix themed console in white and orange/red.

- Alien: Dark Descent Limited Edition, something with a black and green style

- A Dragon Quest Limited Edition, obviously metal slime themed, similar to the PSP that we had 10 years ago.

What would be your wish?

I think you kind of made the point already.  It would actually be more practical (and likely profitable) to special edition plates instead of the whole console.

I'd like and hypothetically would expect to see plates for their first party titles like Horizon and God of War.

It be stupid to release a limited editon console when it's damn near impossible for people to just get a regulair version at normal retail price. Because you know these limited editions would most likely be scooped up like crazy by scalpers and in turn being offered on the secondary market for twice the price and that would anger/dissapoint people even more who really just want to have a ps5.

Edited by Yaramaki

I'd just like to see a completely white PS5 (where even the actual body of the console is white instead of just the panels), or a PS5 completely made in the Cosmic Red color. The latter would actually get me halfway tempted to buy one, especially if it was a slim model. I love red game consoles.

They will for sure make a PS5 for each popular exclusive. I think they made one for the newer horizon game, and I bet God of War Ragnarok will get a special console release. Same with the next last of us if that happens. 

On 8/29/2022 at 8:40 PM, Syntax said:

I kinda liked the PS4 Days of Play limited edition console (blue with gold text and PS logos all over). Wish that they would do this for the PS5 as well since I feel like it would be a huge hit!

I have the feeling that Sony are still focused on getting more of the Playstation 5 into the market and not basically focused on having limited edition of these popular games. We can see changes from next year though.