Register Now
DC

Games that stresses you

I'm going to define stress here as the level of punishment I get from playing that particular game and the worst of them all would be Dark Souls II. It's one of the most cruel games by FromSoftware Inc. There are so many enemies that will kill you with just few strikes and when you die, you are getting back where you died. 

I'd say any Dark Souls game and I'd add Elden Ring since it was made by the same company, You have to be on your guard all the time and you can't underestimate anyone/anything as that seemingly harmless thing turns out to be what kills you. On top of that, in Dark Souls games, you can't really pause either so it is quite stressing....

Another game that's equally brutal as ever just like Dark Soul's would be the original NES version of Ninja Gaiden. You can't know peace playing the game in very hard mode. Your stress levels would be spiking because of what you have to face in the game. 

It depends on how you define stress, but a game that I spent more time trying to learn how to go past some certain levels than actually enjoying the gameplay would be devil may cry 5 on ps4. I would have to look up how other players are playing to see some of the stunts they pull which I could use in mine as well.

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

If you haven't played any of Dark Soul's games and even Bloodborne, you won't know what game stress is all about. The way in which you keep getting killed will drive you nuts 🤪

I don't know if it's to call Dark Soul's an upgrade from Bloodborne or the other way around. FromSoftware Inc pulled off a masterpiece in making both games painfully brutal. 

Honestly, only games I get stressed out to, are ones with really crap controls and ones where it's overly complicated. Oh and games where there are menus upon menus. Navigation can be a thing that stresses me out in game, because if I can't figure out what menu to go to, then it can be annoying learning that new system. It's why I never got into The Witcher, there was just too much going on. 

10 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Another game that's equally brutal as ever just like Dark Soul's would be the original NES version of Ninja Gaiden. You can't know peace playing the game in very hard mode. Your stress levels would be spiking because of what you have to face in the game. 

Are you serious? Ninja Gaiden is one of the easiest games on the console. So is Zelda II. i honestly don't get where people are coming from to find either of those two games difficult.

These days, I try to avoid as much stress as I can. But at the moment, the only game I can think of that stresses me out is RDR2. A lot of it  is small stuff, but it's a bitch and a half to get some of the small stuff taken care of. Deciding how far into the game I'm willing to go is another thing. Anymore I don't tend to go past chapter 3 and never past Chapter 4. After that, there's just too many things I can't bring myself to do. I've played the entire game, and gone all the way into the second epilogue, but there's an emotional toll that it takes on me. I'm going to do one more full runthrough of the game for our YouTube channel, and after that, never again.

Edited by The Blackangel

NBA Live '05.  Like I've said in other topics the game is hard in any mode other than easy.  In easy you can have my basketball IQ and still win regularly.  In any mode harder than that, you had better have the basketball IQ of Phil Jackson, then man who coached Jordan and later Kobe.

23 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I don't know if it's to call Dark Soul's an upgrade from Bloodborne or the other way around. FromSoftware Inc pulled off a masterpiece in making both games painfully brutal. 

From the way both of the game presented their level of punishment, I would say that Dark Soul's is the upgrade on the one that's more difficult. I have been stuck with Dark Souls III for a while now and haven't completed it. 

You can't mention stressful without talking about Darkest Dungeon which is a dungeon crawling RPG with a high stressing mechanic. When situations aren't working well for the characters, their stress level gets spiked and they can die from it. 

On 6/28/2022 at 4:30 AM, Family sedan said:

NBA Live '05.  Like I've said in other topics the game is hard in any mode other than easy.  In easy you can have my basketball IQ and still win regularly.  In any mode harder than that, you had better have the basketball IQ of Phil Jackson, then man who coached Jordan and later Kobe.

I always get emotional whenever I'm playing NBA Live '05 because it stirs up memories of Kobe Bryant. He's an icon for me in the NBA sports. It was very hard getting a win in anything less than easy mode in NBA Live '05. I had to play on easy mode for a very long time in order to master how to give it a good shot in the difficult mode. It was very stressful to play and get a win.