Register Now
DC

Cheat codes for video games

Hell yeah cheats were a big deal back in the day, especially during the ps1/saturn/n64 area cheats toke up atleast 15 pages in the back of gaming magazines. I did buy quite a few of those cheat books (well my parents did ) usually they were the size of a bible and had pretty much any game covered you could imagine, pretty sure if i look into my parents attic i'll be able to find them again as i kept all my magazines from over the years, what can i say i can't get rid of shit to the point it may become a problem lol.

These days i meanly would use cheats on older games i get, just to see what it has to offer or just to fuck around with the game a bit. 

It kinda sucks that cheat codes today, aren't what they used to be. Back in the day, cheats were fun and exciting and felt hidden. But today, we don't really see a lot of cheat options in games. Mainly because studios have to add that sort of thing to the paywall. Hell, I don't even know if most new games come with cheat code options. I know some do, but I feel like it's a dying thing these days, and that makes me sad. 😞 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It kinda sucks that cheat codes today, aren't what they used to be. Back in the day, cheats were fun and exciting and felt hidden. But today, we don't really see a lot of cheat options in games. Mainly because studios have to add that sort of thing to the paywall. Hell, I don't even know if most new games come with cheat code options. I know some do, but I feel like it's a dying thing these days, and that makes me sad. 😞 

These gaming companies have moved on from it the way we know it to be initially but have turned it into a sick microtransactions that's only targeted to milk gamers dried. 

11 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

One of my friend's back then made a good business out of selling the cheat codes he got from internet especially to some kids that had no access of getting them. I always got my cut from him because he was my best friend. I call him the Nerd 🤓

Wow, that would have been one good business for you guys back then because I know how important those cheat codes was for gamers at the time. You hardly see any gamer who wasn't using them. 

On 6/27/2022 at 7:56 AM, Aniekwe said:

Did you ever get to use them? What was the feeling like for you back at the time? I couldn't turn down the opportunity to use the one's I got years ago as a teenager. 

A few of them I could use because I had the games and some of them were pretty useful to be fair. Others were for PC games and I was mainly into consoles at the time.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

A few of them I could use because I had the games and some of them were pretty useful to be fair. Others were for PC games and I was mainly into consoles at the time.

This was exactly the same thing with me back in the days. I recently started playing on PC, so then it was strictly on consoles. I'm not sure if there was ever a cheat code for my Gameboy then. 

On 6/28/2022 at 2:11 PM, Dannyjax said:

One of my friend's back then made a good business out of selling the cheat codes he got from internet especially to some kids that had no access of getting them. I always got my cut from him because he was my best friend. I call him the Nerd 🤓

If any of my friends ever tried that with me back then, I'm going to kick his teeths in. We can't be friends and you're going to try and get money off me because of cheat codes. 

On 6/28/2022 at 3:59 PM, Justin11 said:

I believe that was the era internet came out newly. It depends on how much your friend purchased the codes, if it is much on him/her, then the $1 price he/she asked you was just to cut expenses down. Or do you think your friend doesn't offer help to you without fees? Mine friends didn't charge me back then. 

Yes, that's true. Everything was made a lot easier when those codes can be access online. Most people overlooked using books for it. 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yes, that's true. Everything was made a lot easier when those codes can be access online. Most people overlooked using books for it. 

Sure, every platform cheat codes were online during the era when cheat codes was trending. At this time I don't see them anymore, who knows if those sites offering such services has been banned. 

On 6/29/2022 at 1:26 AM, Aniekwe said:

Wow, that would have been one good business for you guys back then because I know how important those cheat codes was for gamers at the time. You hardly see any gamer who wasn't using them. 

Yes, it was a very good time then. A lot of people don't know how to get those cheat codes online back then, so my friend and I took advantage of the whole situation. It went on for a while before they got wiser. 

On 6/30/2022 at 1:25 PM, Justin11 said:

Sure, every platform cheat codes were online during the era when cheat codes was trending. At this time I don't see them anymore, who knows if those sites offering such services has been banned. 

There should still a few of them that still exists but they won't be updated in terms of codes that works and it's because most gamers have moved on from making use of the sites. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

There should still a few of them that still exists but they won't be updated in terms of codes that works and it's because most gamers have moved on from making use of the sites. 

I think so, most gamers have moved on, because it kinda childish to use such kind of cheats around interesting games. But, beginners are looking for easy way to play and enjoy their games can look up to those codes. 

On 6/28/2022 at 7:16 PM, Heatman said:

These gaming companies have moved on from it the way we know it to be initially but have turned it into a sick microtransactions that's only targeted to milk gamers dried. 

Yeah, and it sucks. So many gaming companies are embracing the microtransactions, that we're now seeing what would have been under unlocks in item shops. Back in the day we could play a fighting game and could open new outfits, now days it's like every game has a marketplace to buy overpriced clothing. 

4 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, and it sucks. So many gaming companies are embracing the microtransactions, that we're now seeing what would have been under unlocks in item shops. Back in the day we could play a fighting game and could open new outfits, now days it's like every game has a marketplace to buy overpriced clothing. 

It's just the pattern right now and all of them have followed it up. It's most likely never going to change anymore but rather it's going to get a lot more worse. The more they get successful at it, the more they will explore it. 

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

I didn't buy any cheat code books, every cheat I ever used then for games like grand theft auto sahandreas and the likes was learnt from friends or my cousin who was a badass gamer back in the days.

That's cool to learn that your cousin is a badass when it comes to video games. In the past I loved using this codes, but as time goes, I felt disgruntled with the codes and needed something real, that's why I'm enjoying my games at the moment without cheats.