Register Now
DC

Wasn't an issue 20 years ago

What’s an issue now that wasn’t an issue 20 years ago?

Here are a few of my thoughts -

• Stores running out of paper goods like paper towels, Kleenex, toilet paper and and cleansing products like hand sanitizer, Lysol disinfectant spray/wipes, etc
  • Local traffic
  • Rapid spread of misinformation and propaganda (ie virality of social media) vs back in the day word of mouth and newspaper/magazine 

Here are a few things:

• difference in opinions - 20 years ago you could have a rational conversation with differing opinions and everyone would agree to disagree. Nowadays, you can get cancelled and doxxed for having an opinion that differs from the majority.
  • The Attention seeking - before the rise of social media, people would act like civilized individuals but nowadays, most people are acting like nutcases just to go viral on social media.
  • shittalking - 20 years ago you could say some of the most vile things to other people and most people just shrugged it off and went about their day. Nowadays, there are so many snowflakes who get offended at the least little things said to them.

One thing that I can think of is people being content with themselves 20 years wasn't an issue at all but now, everyone is trying to over impress in order to belong in a certain level or class. No one cares about humble beginnings now and people go out of their way to be recognised. 

None of this PC bullshit. People could say what's on their minds, and everyone was fine with it whether they agreed or not. Now if you say "Boo" at someone you're looking at trouble for threatening someone. Like WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK???? Are you that much of a pussy that you can't handle someone speaking? And don't get me started on the whole "Speak English" bullshit that keeps going on. I'm in the process of learning a few languages just to piss these people off. Among other reasons.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

None of this PC bullshit. People could say what's on their minds, and everyone was fine with it whether they agreed or not. Now if you say "Boo" at someone you're looking at trouble for threatening someone. Like WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK???? Are you that much of a pussy that you can't handle someone speaking? And don't get me started on the whole "Speak English" bullshit that keeps going on. I'm in the process of learning a few languages just to piss these people off. Among other reasons.

The world and human being have gone too soft over the years and there are so many laws being made to support the BS. It's just the way the world we live in is set up now. 

My experience in the past 20 years is truly weird. The influx price of products weren't like this 20 years ago, now is the worst, prices of food, cosmetics, merchandize, building materials is at the high surge, making life so miserable for the less privileged. 

I know when I was born a new car was in the $7,000 - $8,000 range. Now you're not getting anything new for less than $30,000. And that's if you're lucky. It's why a lot of people are buying used.

The last 20 years has had us all bent over and taking a royal reaming straight up the ass.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:42 PM, The Blackangel said:

My sentiments exactly - I got banned from Fortnite for calling someone a wimp. Mind you, I wanted to use the P-word but I thought that would definitely get me banned so let me "tone it down". I just shook my head in disbelief when it happened lol

20 years ago Before the internet became a big deal as it is now, many people valued physical communications like meeting up and having a quality conversation other than the new cool of trolling people online and all the toxicity that Comes with social media this days. Back then if you had an issue with you come out and we fight it out like men not all this social Media Anthony Joshua that are suffering from inferiority complex in reality.

8 minutes ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

Meh.I  Can't really say much if this thread isn't in the debate section.Politics and the rise of twitface et al are a lot different now. Lady part laws have recently changed as well.

I agree. Only so much to say w/o getting political. But 20 years ago we weren't worried about democracy so much and a lot of rights that are now on the chopping block. 

Every country subjects knows where it is troubling them, I can't say much about mine, cos I'm just fade up with the high level of inflation. It wasn't as it is in the last 20 years, even if I wasn't aware, but in the last 16 years, I'll say I can count on my senses, the current era is worst now. 

Traveling. The security theater presented by TSA has turned an okay experience into an absolute shitshow. But at least they're providing the totally worthwhile service of catching about 5% of the weapons that auditors tried to smuggle through.

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

20 years ago Before the internet became a big deal as it is now, many people valued physical communications like meeting up and having a quality conversation other than the new cool of trolling people online and all the toxicity that Comes with social media this days. Back then if you had an issue with you come out and we fight it out like men not all this social Media Anthony Joshua that are suffering from inferiority complex in reality.

That's a valid point - a lot of people talk tough online because 9/10 there isn't any chance of being physically harmed but 20 years ago, they'd have shut their mouth because the consequences could be fatal.