Register Now
DC

Wasn't an issue 20 years ago

On 7/3/2022 at 9:13 AM, Yaramaki said:

Smoking wasn't an issue 20 years ago, nobody gave a fuck if you smoked where and when it diden't matter, nowadays you're almost a criminal if you do. For the record i don't smoke but have friends who do and i could care less about it if they smoked in a bar, which they banned a few years ago, instead of smoke now my clothes stink of beer and piss after a night of drinking.

Not like smoking is healthy, but I don't really bother if anyone smokes, well  I don't make the law either , so my opinion doesn't really count if the government is against it.

Ilegal streaming or dowloads of movies, games or songs and also most of them had to be obtained physically, digital media was minority, unlike today that most content is bought digital, if you wanted to listen to a song or watch a movie or play a videogame you needed to pay for them 20years ago

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Ilegal streaming or dowloads of movies, games or songs and also most of them had to be obtained physically, digital media was minority, unlike today that most content is bought digital, if you wanted to listen to a song or watch a movie or play a videogame you needed to pay for them 20years ago

I'm very sure that's part of the reason why piracy was on the high side back then because most people looked for ways to have access to those contents and even make their own money off it. 

Digital ecosystem has reduced the cost of item purchase, in the past when you love a particular music album, movie, definitely you'll buy them as physical copy. Nowadays we stream music for free, movies without paying for them. That's few positive in the recent era, if not, their is nothing much, since inflation has taken over most of the things we buy with money. 

On 7/4/2022 at 6:36 PM, Clasher said:

Not like smoking is healthy, but I don't really bother if anyone smokes, well  I don't make the law either , so my opinion doesn't really count if the government is against it.

It's a big NO for me when it comes to smoking because of the health implications it comes with. Smokers are liable to die young of lung cancer and heart diseases, so I will not be comfortable around anyone who chose to smoke. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It's a big NO for me when it comes to smoking because of the health implications it comes with. Smokers are liable to die young of lung cancer and heart diseases, so I will not be comfortable around anyone who chose to smoke. 

Smoking seems like the new cool this days and most  young people wants to engage in it, maybe because of peer pressure, what their favorite celebrities are doing or maybe because it make them feel more confident and cool. But either ways I don't judge those that smoke and I don't even bother about their life choices as long as they aren't doing it to my own disadvantage.

Say No To - Peer Pressure. My friends lured me into smoking when I was in the tertiary institutions, when it wasn't my intentions. They always call me weakling, such provoked me and got me into smoking to feel among and shrug off heavy emotions. But with time I understood that it was just *shit, now I don't smoke, I've quit smoking. 

Virtue signalling.It used to be you just felt good for a little while if a woman breaks a glass ceiling or a mentally disabled person gets a little victory in sports.Nope you're virtue signalling.

Narcissist is a better known word than it was 20 years ago. People like Elon Musk and others have made the word more recognized.

Being PC dates to a bit more than 30 years ago at least.There was a show called politically incorrect 29 years ago. I agree it can go too far but it's interesting where it came from.It's simple really. It's one group of people insisting they want to call other groups of people certain names.They don't want to call black people African Americans.They don't want to call Asians Asians.They don't want to call disabled people disabled people.You can figure out what they do want to call them.

On 7/9/2022 at 12:45 AM, Justin11 said:

Say No To - Peer Pressure. My friends lured me into smoking when I was in the tertiary institutions, when it wasn't my intentions. They always call me weakling, such provoked me and got me into smoking to feel among and shrug off heavy emotions. But with time I understood that it was just *shit, now I don't smoke, I've quit smoking. 

Smoking isn't even an issue about 20 years ago and you can conveniently smoke cigarettes anywhere.

Right now they are playing on making marijuana legal in many parts of the world.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:19 AM, Clasher said:

Smoking seems like the new cool this days and most  young people wants to engage in it, maybe because of peer pressure, what their favorite celebrities are doing or maybe because it make them feel more confident and cool. But either ways I don't judge those that smoke and I don't even bother about their life choices as long as they aren't doing it to my own disadvantage.

Cigarettes are not even a big problem now because it seems that a lot of them have moved on from cigarettes to Shisha.

I was very surprised the last time I went to club and I saw a lot of young girls smoking shisha like it's something that helps with someone's health but it's something that damages their lungs. 

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

Smoking isn't even an issue about 20 years ago and you can conveniently smoke cigarettes anywhere.

Right now they are playing on making marijuana legal in many parts of the world.

Their are some hard substances you aren't allowed to smoke in the public or hold in the public, if you're caught you'll pay hefty charges. Meaning, smokers aren't safe anymore. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Cigarettes are not even a big problem now because it seems that a lot of them have moved on from cigarettes to Shisha.

I was very surprised the last time I went to club and I saw a lot of young girls smoking shisha like it's something that helps with someone's health but it's something that damages their lungs. 

Drug abuse is definitely rampant in modern society and it's an epidemic which mainstream media turns a blind eye to.

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their are some hard substances you aren't allowed to smoke in the public or hold in the public, if you're caught you'll pay hefty charges. Meaning, smokers aren't safe anymore. 

Yeah , depending on the kind of hard substances you are seem with but nobody would pay any attention to if you are smoking cigarettes or Maybe marijuana in many areas.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Drug abuse is definitely rampant in modern society and it's an epidemic which mainstream media turns a blind eye to.

That's true mate and something really needs to be done about it fast.

59 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Yeah , depending on the kind of hard substances you are seem with but nobody would pay any attention to if you are smoking cigarettes or Maybe marijuana in many areas.

Yes, in some areas you can smoke cigarettes. Their are places you can go, you wouldn't allow to smoke anything there, just to keep there clean and smelling fine.