Register Now
DC

What do you remember most about your first job?

48 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

It was one of the most nervous day in my life. I never knew how I got through that very day without breaking down in fear of messing up. 

The first few days at a job or your first job can be the hardest. Lol

You are stuck in between trying to make a good impression to your bosses and not messing it all up because of inexperience or anxiety.

7 minutes ago, Clasher said:

The first few days at a job or your first job can be the hardest. Lol

You are stuck in between trying to make a good impression to your bosses and not messing it all up because of inexperience or anxiety.

Menh, my anxiety spiked at any every moment I'm called. It wasn't easy at all. It took at least 4 days before I started settling in properly without freaking out all the time. 

5 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

Menh, my anxiety spiked at any every moment I'm called. It wasn't easy at all. It took at least 4 days before I started settling in properly without freaking out all the time. 

Lol, I wasn't too nervous at the first few days when I got my first job. But I paid more attention to what I am told and made a lot of effort to understand how the company operates, the company then was into electricals and as a sales person I had to learn a lot about electrical appliances really fast so I could give costumers a good review about the product. What was your first job?

My first job was at Pizza Hut. I remember how lazy and stingy the boss was. She was at the point that she broke serious health department rules, by making us recycle pizza. Meaning that any pizza that someone dined in on and didn't finish was to be reused to make another full pizza. We didn't throw away any uneaten slices, under penalty of losing our jobs. I finally had enough. They had been redoing my schedule without telling me, so I waited until Homecoming and quit without showing up. They couldn't get anyone else to come in, because they were all out for the night and they couldn't get a hold of them. After I quit I made an anonymous call to the Health Department. The restaurant was shut down within a week. And just a few months prior, they had spent tens of thousands of dollars to build a new walk in fridge for pizzas and ingredients.

The scary thing though, is that the same stupid bitch is manager at another restaurant. When I saw that she was manager there, I quit eating at that Long John Silvers.

The only person I've ever worked for, was for my parents, wasn't placed on a salary scale, because it was a voluntary one. But all I asked during that time from my parents was accomplished which is mainly food and clothing xD. 

What do I remember about my first job?  That it sucked! Lol. It was a fast food job in the middle of summer.  The owner was too cheap to turn down the AC to a decent level.  They always put me on the fryer station and that made things even worse.  Didn't help with my acne back then either. 

Mine was a summer job working for a popular mobile company in our country and I remember going on a trip to another parish to sell phones and most of the people there spoke a completely different variation of our dialect which threw me for a loop because they had to repeat everything several times before we understood them. I also remember handing out flyers and when I was finished, instead of immediately going back to HQ, I spent time doing all kinds of other stuff like hanging out with some chicks at pizza hut.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:22 PM, Clasher said:

Lol, I wasn't too nervous at the first few days when I got my first job. But I paid more attention to what I am told and made a lot of effort to understand how the company operates, the company then was into electricals and as a sales person I had to learn a lot about electrical appliances really fast so I could give costumers a good review about the product. What was your first job?

I worked in a glass producing firm. I was so afraid of having to damage or have any glass broken. I worked with the production team and now you understand what made me to keep getting freaked out on the job for a while before I got used to it. 

16 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I worked in a glass producing firm. I was so afraid of having to damage or have any glass broken. I worked with the production team and now you understand what made me to keep getting freaked out on the job for a while before I got used to it. 

Glass can very fragile and if you take proper precautions you might end up damaging a lot of the companies products. Freaking out could have been worse , because when you are in that state of mind you got zero control over your actions.

19 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

That does sound scary - You'd have to be extra cautious around everything as it's expensive and time-consuming to replace. I'd probably be extra cautious about every step I took in that place and wouldn't lean against anything.

For me, it was a marketing bank job which I had to quit just one week on the job. I was given a target to meet in a month and just being one week on the job, I knew outrightly that it's something that I wouldn't meet. 

The first job I got was a remote job, I didn't expect that such job gonna pay me real money until I sent my first withdrawal request and it was granted within 24 hours. Such feelings motivated me alot to acquire a digital skill and being active online. I am not contented at the moment, I'm still learning to improve on my working experience and secure a high paying gig.