Register Now
DC

Your grandparents

My grandmom was a really hard working woman and even at 90 and ladden with sickness she was still going to her farm and working whatever she could lay her fragile fingers on. I learnt a lot from her and even though she is late now her memories are still fresh in my mind.

I never meet my paternal grandfather but I was told that he was a titled man. My maternal grandfather was a titled man and he was a spiritualist and a great farmer. Both my grandmother's were very good at singing, cooking and weeding the farm. 

52 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

I never meet my paternal grandfather but I was told that he was a titled man. My maternal grandfather was a titled man and he was a spiritualist and a great farmer. Both my grandmother's were very good at singing, cooking and weeding the farm. 

Was your grandfather some kind of a spiritual head to some deity or he just believed in the existence of spirits. Can you elaborate.

6 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Was your grandfather some kind of a spiritual head to some deity or he just believed in the existence of spirits. Can you elaborate.

He was the Head. His father before him took care of the diety and left it in his care before he died. My uncle is the one taking care of the diety now. 

Just now, Aniekwe said:

He was the Head. His father before him took care of the diety and left it in his care before he died. My uncle is the one taking care of the diety now. 

Okay, I don't know much about spiritualism or worship of deities. I know some cultures or regions of the world practice such kind of religion. Are you also a spiritualist and do take after what your grandfather believed in?

They were so nice.  They lived 100 miles away and would send me train or bus tickets in the mail every other week.  I was a little kid taking a bus or train all by myself to their city.  I was a brave kid back then!  I preferred the train because you could get up and wander the train, plus they had a dinner car where you could get food, or things like headphones that you could plug into the seat and listen to music.  My grandma always took me to the zoo, the movies, or whatever fun activity I could think up.  Good times. 

Edited by Nebulous

Grandma was the only one who actually cared about me. My biological grandfather died before I was born, when my sperm donor was just a kid. The Grampa I knew was technically my step-grandfather. But I was always with them as much as I could be. I loved being at Grandma's house. My grandparents on the other side, I was never close to. I just wasn't comfortable around them. And like my paternal grandfather, my maternal grandmother died before I was born. So biologically, I only got to meet two of my grandparents.

I really miss my grandma. I loved her like crazy. I still do. I wish I could have one more day to spend with her.

I never knew my father's parents that well as they died when I was pretty young and the same can be said of my mother's mother. My mother's dad is alive and I basically learned he's a serious womanizer. How I learned this? I went to his neck of the woods when I was a teen and was interested in picking up some chicks and there were some extremely good looking ones. The problem is that most of these extremely attractive chicks were related to me! This man literally has a whole community of his descendants - that's why I don't even go up there. I let him visit me instead.

I was very young when my grandfather died, so I don't even know much about him or remember anything tangible. But as for my grandma, we were very close and I loved her so much. She was the biggest palm oil maker in our community. They look for her from all corners of our community because of her palm oil business. It's a shame we had to lose her this last month. May her soul rest in peace. 

I didn't have the opportunity to be with my two grand fathers, only spent good time with my grand mothers. Their is no dispute, the one from my mother side was more majestic to be with and caring as well. She is always free to give with open mind to welcome any of his grand children, that's what I love about her. The one from my father is cool as well, but not like my mom's mother. One thing I love about my father's mother is her friendly lifestyle with her grand children.