Register Now
DC

What was the best year for gaming?

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think eventually gaming would have rebounded. I don't think gaming was ever something that would have officially died. If anything, it would have died out, and then someone like Nintendo will come along. I think it was inevitable with Nintendo coming, that things would change. And even if the NES was a failure on release, something else would have come out to help put us back into that direction where gaming will become a massive pastime for many. But, Nintendo succeeded and here we are today. I just think the gaming collapse in the 80s was just a hiccup. No matter what, gaming was going to come out on top. 

I kind of agree with you on this because I believe the industry was already there for the taking with how it started developing and improving before the crash. Definitely, a cooperation would have tried to kick start it all over again if the Japanese gaming industry wasn't there to get in. Just like you mentioned with Nintendo coming right in, another company would have stepped up as well. 

On 7/6/2022 at 11:41 PM, The Blackangel said:

1983 was when everyone thought gaming was dead. They thought that gaming would only be Atari 2600 and a few arcades. But then Nintendo hit the market in 1985, and everyone was hooked.

No one who started playing video games during that 1983 period would ever forget that horrible misfortune that nearly took out the industry.

Nintendo stepping in and making a big mark in the industry is even part of the reason why they stood where they are today in the gaming world. 

On 7/6/2022 at 6:41 PM, The Blackangel said:

1983 was when everyone thought gaming was dead. They thought that gaming would only be Atari 2600 and a few arcades. But then Nintendo hit the market in 1985, and everyone was hooked.

Yeah once the NES came around and shocked the world, it showed us that gaming was here to stay. It has got to be one of the best times for gaming ever, simply because it saved us from a possible death of gaming. Then again, I think we would have gotten something to take over if Nintendo didn't. Gaming was forever going to happen, and no decline was going to stop it. 

Best year, hard to even think, but I remember the good years of how I got to get into gaming and meet new mates via online. Collage, into Forums and gaming in GTAIV roleplaying, waiting to get into more online gaming and even do Youtube, we are looking at back in 2009 and in 2010/11 I meet new people that able me to join communities and start getting into police roleplaying and meet people that we become friends till this day.  At the time I was into that 🙂 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah once the NES came around and shocked the world, it showed us that gaming was here to stay. It has got to be one of the best times for gaming ever, simply because it saved us from a possible death of gaming. Then again, I think we would have gotten something to take over if Nintendo didn't. Gaming was forever going to happen, and no decline was going to stop it. 

There's a possibility that other complications might have stepped up during the crash in 1983-1985 if Nintendo didn't show up. But it might still be very challenging because I don't think there were much notable companies that would have filled that shoes very well like Nintendo did.