Register Now
DC

The strangest video game

Strangest I can think of off the top of my head, would probably be Goat Simulator. Of course, there are games like powerwash sim out there who give that game a run for its money, but I think Goat sim is the most weird I can think of. Though I know GTA and Saints Row in the past were pretty wacky as well. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Strangest I can think of off the top of my head, would probably be Goat Simulator. Of course, there are games like powerwash sim out there who give that game a run for its money, but I think Goat sim is the most weird I can think of. Though I know GTA and Saints Row in the past were pretty wacky as well. 

Goat Simulator is by far the most hilarious of them all. Whenever I'm in the mood for laughs, it's me and the game. It never gets old. 

I have to say A Boy And His Blob on NES. It's absolutely crazy. There is a blob that needs your help getting back t its home planet, Blobonia. In the game you feed the blob different flavored jellybeans to turn it into different forms like a ladder and an umbrella, so that you can traverse through everywhere and get him home.

That's one of the things I love about the era. Risks on the part of the developers.

Oh man where do i even start i've played some really strange and fucked up (japanese) shit in my life.

LSD dream emulator -> Released on the ps1 in japan only, this is kind of a pre historic walking simulator where your environment chages all the time, it's probably the weirdest games i've ever played. Sadly it has become quite sought after the years making it very expensive, needless to say since the ps1 is region locked you're going to have the right system to play it on. I believe you can get it for cheap on the japanese ps store but no idea how that even works.

Mister Mosquito ->  Released on the ps2 Yep you've guessed it you play as mosquito, the game is made out of several stages where your goal is to terrorize a family and suck blood from them. It was quite a unique game for the time since you had some open inviroments where you could reach the goals in any order you wanted. 

Bee simulator -> A more recent game from a couple of years ago, i really enjoyed it, it's obviously more aimed at children but you know flying around as a bee in an open world it never gets old, sadly it only takes a couple of hours to beat but if you want a relaxing experience this is one you should check out.

PuLiRuLa -> Another japanese exclusive, a beat em up this time, i'm not going to go into detail too much as hg101 has an exellent review of it alongside some quality pictures.

The Good Life -> Released last year, it's a game by swery65 (of deadly premonition fame) i've only played a little bit of it but can be classified as weird and it's easily avaible on current gen consoles. You play the role as a reporter who has to investigate an english country side village, where the villagers can transform into a cat or dog, not long after you can also transform into a pet, alongside the wacky cast it's probably one of the weirdest games to come out in 2021. Like i said i need to play more of the game to give so i can give a more decent impression.

There are several others that could be mentioned like seaman, cho aniki series, katamari damacy, octodad, catherine and untitled goose game as I've already raved enough about deadly premonition in the past i've decided not to included it here. Otherwise that one would take my top spot of weird fucked up japanese games and it's also the best horror games ever made.

Edited by Yaramaki

If any video game doesn't feel strange and weird to you, it's definitely going to feel strange for you when you play Mister Mosquito. It's a game where you assume the role of a misquote and suck on human blood for your survival for the winter. 

Screw my answer earlier - "Sonic schoolhouse" on PC in the mid 90's is the strangest game I've ever played and that's by a long shot. Sonic throughout the whole game sounds annoying with a high-pitched voice and it was an educational game.

One other that just came to mind was Deadly Premonition. I saw super best friends let's play of it years ago and it was so weird and wild. It's often compared to the show twin peaks. 

Its another I never played, but I felt like I experienced it more than enough when I watched a full playthrough of it. It's funny, dumb, messed up, and weird. 

I'd honestly recommend playing it or watching a playthrough of it if you haven't already. 

Vibribbon comes with a bizzare art style and a weird soundtrack that can't be explained unless you have played or seen it. You play as sketched bunny trying to avoid obstacles to the beat of the game's music. It's a very strange game.

On 7/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, Empire said:

I own them but never played the weried games with the strangest title. Shower With Your Dad... 

This game looks very funny. I think that the gameplay isn't that difficult. It's just finding your dad and shower with him to get more points. Would I call it weird? I think a funny/hilarious game would serve better for me. 

On 6/28/2022 at 6:15 AM, Yaramaki said:

Oh man where do i even start i've played some really strange and fucked up (japanese) shit in my life.

LSD dream emulator -> Released on the ps1 in japan only, this is kind of a pre historic walking simulator where your environment chages all the time, it's probably the weirdest games i've ever played. Sadly it has become quite sought after the years making it very expensive, needless to say since the ps1 is region locked you're going to have the right system to play it on. I believe you can get it for cheap on the japanese ps store but no idea how that even works.

Mister Mosquito ->  Released on the ps2 Yep you've guessed it you play as mosquito, the game is made out of several stages where your goal is to terrorize a family and suck blood from them. It was quite a unique game for the time since you had some open inviroments where you could reach the goals in any order you wanted. 

Bee simulator -> A more recent game from a couple of years ago, i really enjoyed it, it's obviously more aimed at children but you know flying around as a bee in an open world it never gets old, sadly it only takes a couple of hours to beat but if you want a relaxing experience this is one you should check out.

PuLiRuLa -> Another japanese exclusive, a beat em up this time, i'm not going to go into detail too much as hg101 has an exellent review of it alongside some quality pictures.

The Good Life -> Released last year, it's a game by swery65 (of deadly premonition fame) i've only played a little bit of it but can be classified as weird and it's easily avaible on current gen consoles. You play the role as a reporter who has to investigate an english country side village, where the villagers can transform into a cat or dog, not long after you can also transform into a pet, alongside the wacky cast it's probably one of the weirdest games to come out in 2021. Like i said i need to play more of the game to give so i can give a more decent impression.

There are several others that could be mentioned like seaman, cho aniki series, katamari damacy, octodad, catherine and untitled goose game as I've already raved enough about deadly premonition in the past i've decided not to included it here. Otherwise that one would take my top spot of weird fucked up japanese games and it's also the best horror games ever made.

Yes, Mister Mosquito was one game I was thinking of. I remember seeing ads for it and wanted to pick it up, but never did. I remember watching a playthrough of it, and thought it was hilarious. I've been wanting to actually check it out for myself though, as I'd like to experience it. 

The good life sounds familiar, but I think I'm thinking of a different game where you play as a dalmation. I forget what it was called, but the brief time I played it, I really enjoyed it. 

I can't say I've heard of Bee Simulator though. 

On 7/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, Empire said:

I own them but never played the weried games with the strangest title. Shower With Your Dad... 

What the heck is this😅

This has to be the weirdest game I have seen so far.