Register Now
DC

How many friends do you have?

It depends on your definition of friends. For example, I have plenty of people who I will hike with, play basketball with, play chess with, or grab lunch, but true friends - the ones who have my back and I can always count on - I have 2 friends.

On 6/28/2022 at 12:31 AM, DC said:

It depends on your definition of friends. For example, I have plenty of people who I will hike with, play basketball with, play chess with, or grab lunch, but true friends - the ones who have my back and I can always count on - I have 2 friends.

In on this issue we are very much similar, I have a lot of people that hangs out with me and do stuffs we share same interests in but aren't really my friends. Currently it's just two people who I can confidently call my real friends and buddies.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If you're talking true friends, I'd say about 20 which include my friends from prep school days and who I grew up with. In terms of acquaintances - I have plenty of those.

Seem like a lot but we'll see how the VGR community feels about it. I couldn't imagine staying up to date with 20 individuals and maintaining the friendships overtime. Kudos.

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

On another note @DC, do dogs count? Or the stray cat that shows up when she's pregnant and needs food?

Dogs are mans best friend so yes. Not sure about the pregnant cat, that's your call.

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I don't need friends at the moment that can transform my life or add value at least. I have one good friend, but he's far away from me, we are just keeping distance relationship. My cousin brother who stays with me is my best friend at the moment. 

I value consistency and loyalty, why I have only two friends is because this two individuals has been with me not just when things are good but even when I go through difficulties. My closest friend once went out of his way to help me out when I needed a new phone and just couldn't get one because I was so broke and my former Device has deteriorated and repair wouldn't even solve the issue. I would cherish him till my last moments on Earth.

Edited by Clasher

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

I value consistency and loyalty, why I have only two friends is because this two individuals has been with me not just when things are good but even when I go through difficulties. My closest friend once went out of his way to help me out when I needed a new phone and just couldn't get one because I was so broke and my former Device has deteriorated and repair wouldn't even solve the issue. I would cherish him till my last moments on Earth.

That's encouraging to hear, that's what good friends are all about. When those you called friends can't stand for you during the time of distress, then they don't worth to be called friends. 

19 hours ago, DC said:

Seem like a lot but we'll see how the VGR community feels about it. I couldn't imagine staying up to date with 20 individuals and maintaining the friendships overtime. Kudos.

Dogs are mans best friend so yes. Not sure about the pregnant cat, that's your call.

As I said, most of those people were friends with me from we were kids so there's a lot loyalty there and they've always looked out for me or try to support me in any way they can. As for the pregnant cat, you're probably right - she's been using my yard as a maternity ward. She's lucky I'm not mean to animals.

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's encouraging to hear, that's what good friends are all about. When those you called friends can't stand for you during the time of distress, then they don't worth to be called friends. 

Yeah mate, some friends are really good and can be a good source of inspiration and that's why I don't keep many friends but only a few that I share such a close bond of friendship with.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah mate, some friends are really good and can be a good source of inspiration and that's why I don't keep many friends but only a few that I share such a close bond of friendship with.

Sure, some friends are good no doubt, but only few of them about 25%. I experienced that around my friend, when we were together, but he left to another state. 

If you're asking about human friends, I only have one. And she's the first actual friend I have ever had in my life. Growing up I literally never once had a friend. I was the kid in school that everyone hated. So I was in a lot of fights.

If we're talking non-human friends, I've had at least 100 over the years. Dogs, rats, birds, and all sorts of other creatures. For a while I had a hedgehog and a couple dragons. I would love to get another hedgehog, but at the moment @Rain Dew isn't letting me. Mainly it's because I have so many rats.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If you're asking about human friends, I only have one. And she's the first actual friend I have ever had in my life. Growing up I literally never once had a friend. I was the kid in school that everyone hated. So I was in a lot of fights.

If we're talking non-human friends, I've had at least 100 over the years. Dogs, rats, birds, and all sorts of other creatures. For a while I had a hedgehog and a couple dragons. I would love to get another hedgehog, but at the moment @Rain Dew isn't letting me. Mainly it's because I have so many rats.

Rats can be a pain in the ass at times especially the uninvited once and could end up damaging food , my shoes and other things as they can nibble at just anything. I don't like seeing them around the house that much.

Domestic rats are absolutely not like wild ones. They are playful and loving. My life was saved by a wild rat, and ever since then I have had an emotional need to have them. My rats are the cutest little farts. I probably have somewhere between 30-40. I haven't actually tried to count them. Granted, some rats are just assholes, but it's that way with anything that has a pulse.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Domestic rats are absolutely not like wild ones. They are playful and loving. My life was saved by a wild rat, and ever since then I have had an emotional need to have them. My rats are the cutest little farts. I probably have somewhere between 30-40. I haven't actually tried to count them. Granted, some rats are just assholes, but it's that way with anything that has a pulse.

Lol, as long as you breath oxygen you can become really annoying to some at times. I don't know how a wild rat managed to save your life but if you feel comfortable around them it perfectly okay, I once tried to domesticate a beetle as a kid but it just disappeared and I didnt know where it went or if it flew away.