Register Now
DC

A game you refuse to uninstall

It's definitely Goblin Sword on my Switch. I'm not uninstalling it simply because I paid for it. And what a waste of money it was. The game is fine for the most part. But it gets redundant after a while. You have to find 2 treasure chests and 3 specific gems in every stage. But that's not the thing that makes it a waste of money. That is due to the fact that the game doesn't have any kind of ending. It just stops. So the only reason I won't uninstall it is because I paid real money for it.

I think for me, it's most of the digital games I have on my Xbox 360. I figure I'd be using the 360 in the future for playing older games available on the xbox marketplace. But, it makes it easier than I can download any games I own on the Xbox 360 on the Xbox one and series x, it probably doesn't matter. But I think I have some games on there that can't be downloaded anymore. Like some of those indie titles the 360 used to have. I remember a game called fortress craft, a minecraft clone. It was before the 360 got Minecraft. 

But yeah, I have a couple other games on there that I don't think can be downloaded elsewhere or are no longer available on xbox at least. 

Most of the games with gold that are digital only, i tend to keep on my harddrive aslong as possible since most likely a few them have been delisted already, well that is modern gaming for you.  Same with the xbox 360 stuff i got for free over the years i keep on my harddrive even if i have no intention of playing the games.

The problem with current gen consoles is that harddrives are so small like 1 Tb is just not enough, you are forced to start deleting stuff to make room for something else or move it to an external Hdd. Wherest with a 250gb 360 slim model you can install pretty much anything you want and keep it on there for future preservation.

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Most of the games with gold that are digital only, i tend to keep on my harddrive aslong as possible since most likely a few them have been delisted already, well that is modern gaming for you.  Same with the xbox 360 stuff i got for free over the years i keep on my harddrive even if i have no intention of playing the games.

The problem with current gen consoles is that harddrives are so small like 1 Tb is just not enough, you are forced to start deleting stuff to make room for something else or move it to an external Hdd. Wherest with a 250gb 360 slim model you can install pretty much anything you want and keep it on there for future preservation.

Yeah that's one concern for me. My 360 HDD is only 500gb I believe, and it's pretty much full up with games. I'm considering going through the list of games I have, and deleting the ones that are still available, and keeping the ones that have been delisted and or taken off the storefront. I know with Xbox you can recover downloads of games no longer on the marketplace, but I don't want to risk it. 

On 6/28/2022 at 4:10 PM, Justin11 said:

It pains me when I have no choice but uninstalling a console game which I spent some couple of bucks to get. I can freely door via mobile games, since it doesn't cost me much. 

You could have easily added or mention the particular video game you had to uninstall on your console and not leave the information to be out vauge. 

24 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

You could have easily added or mention the particular video game you had to uninstall on your console and not leave the information to be out vauge. 

I installed - dead target, FIFA soccer 21 mobile edition, dark souls on PS3, Candy Crush and lots more which I could not remember. 

I kinda want to pick up a bigger external HDD to hook up to my old 360. I would like to download every single digital game I downloaded in the past. I figure it would be cool to just get all of my purchases on the platform downloaded and safe on a HDD. 

I mean, my current 360 has barely any space left, so it'd be a big help to have that. 

I should be done with playing The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt soon and I'm not sure if I would be uninstalling the game on my PS4. But if I eventually do it, I would still have it on my Nintendo Switch, so it's backed up. 

1 hour ago, Dannyjax said:

I should be done with playing The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt soon and I'm not sure if I would be uninstalling the game on my PS4. But if I eventually do it, I would still have it on my Nintendo Switch, so it's backed up. 

If I have the mind to uninstall The Witcher 3 :Wild Hunt, it means that I would also be willing to do the same thing to Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption 2 which is something that's never going to happen 😂 😂