Register Now
DC

How did they ever make it big?

What popular bands or musicians or specific songs do you hear and think to yourself "how the hell did they ever make it big"?

This may be controversial but I feel this way about Green Day. Less controversial - Ke$ha and Pit Bull.

On 6/27/2022 at 7:02 PM, DC said:

What popular bands or musicians or specific songs do you hear and think to yourself "how the hell did they ever make it big"?

This may be controversial but I feel this way about Green Day. Less controversial - Ke$ha and Pit Bull.

I can explain Green Day. Them and the Offspring were one of the first pop-punk bands to get signed to a major label and get major airplay. Grunge was on its way out, so they were considered fresh and different. You could say they timed it just right when they came out with Dookie, but looking at the competition in the genre at the time, there wasn't that much competition either.

Guns N Roses
Metallica

Now both of them are great bands, musically speaking. But there was so much drama and fighting within the band, that I wonder how they ever made it past their demo. Not to mention egos that would outweigh the entire solar system.