Register Now
DC

Who do you most like spending time with and why?

So, I got into a new relationship recently and she's been a wonderful soul. I don't think I have dated anyone like her ever in my life. It's not about the relationship still been new business I have been in a relationship before and I know the difference with what I feel together with my woman now. She's got most of my attention and time together now. 

On 7/23/2022 at 1:31 PM, Heatman said:

So, I got into a new relationship recently and she's been a wonderful soul. I don't think I have dated anyone like her ever in my life. It's not about the relationship still been new business I have been in a relationship before and I know the difference with what I feel together with my woman now. She's got most of my attention and time together now. 

I think Cupid's arrow struck the right spot this time around.

I have a friend and we've been texting buddies for months now , I enjoy spending time texting but we've only met once in person and that was the first time we knew each other and I think it's better that way for now untill I am very sure about what do next.

On 7/8/2022 at 7:32 PM, Rain Dew said:

I love spending time with @The Blackangel and the dogs. Sometimes her bird will let me hold her. I don’t interact much with the rats. But they are really cool. 

Dogs tend to be some of the easiest pets you can get along with and easiest to gain their trust with some food. Birds tend to be very picky so that's a good sign that the bird does trust you, horses are even worse. I've always wanted a horse but they're easily excitable and will accidentally bite/injure you if they get too nervous. I know @The Blackangel made a detailed post about rats but I'm not entirely sure what their temperament is like because the one person who I know has a pet rat bites everyone else except her if you try to hold it.

52 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Dogs tend to be some of the easiest pets you can get along with and easiest to gain their trust with some food. Birds tend to be very picky so that's a good sign that the bird does trust you, horses are even worse. I've always wanted a horse but they're easily excitable and will accidentally bite/injure you if they get too nervous. I know @The Blackangel made a detailed post about rats but I'm not entirely sure what their temperament is like because the one person who I know has a pet rat bites everyone else except her if you try to hold it.

The temperament of a rat is usually very mild. If you handle them and they start to trust you, they're cuddle bugs. But they have a personality that is just as complex as any human. Several years ago, I had only 4 rats at the time. One night it got really hot, and 3 of them died. The one that was still alive seemed to blame me for his friends dying. While he had been friendly and sweet before, now he would bite me any time I was cleaning his cage, or trying to feed him or anything at all that involved any part of me being in his cage. It got to the point that i had to buy some heavy duty leather gloves that he couldn't bite through. So just like people, rats can be assholes. But they're more often just as sweet as can be.

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The temperament of a rat is usually very mild. If you handle them and they start to trust you, they're cuddle bugs. But they have a personality that is just as complex as any human. Several years ago, I had only 4 rats at the time. One night it got really hot, and 3 of them died. The one that was still alive seemed to blame me for his friends dying. While he had been friendly and sweet before, now he would bite me any time I was cleaning his cage, or trying to feed him or anything at all that involved any part of me being in his cage. It got to the point that i had to buy some heavy duty leather gloves that he couldn't bite through. So just like people, rats can be assholes. But they're more often just as sweet as can be.

Well, that's good to know. Speaking of, how much food do your rats consume daily?

It depends on how many rats we're talking about. I have a standing order through Amazon for a 20 pound bag to be delivered every month. Sometimes I need to hit the pet store and pick up some extra food. I also give them fresh fruits and vegetables. So depending on how many you're talking it can be a lot or a little.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

It depends on how many rats we're talking about. I have a standing order through Amazon for a 20 pound bag to be delivered every month. Sometimes I need to hit the pet store and pick up some extra food. I also give them fresh fruits and vegetables. So depending on how many you're talking it can be a lot or a little.

You're the luckier one - my dogs always cost me an arm and a leg. My dogs have endless voids for stomachs - seriously, I feed them at least 3 times a day and yet if they see me with food, suddenly they start whinging and giving me the puppy eyes and they're persistent about it too.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:08 AM, Clasher said:

I think Cupid's arrow struck the right spot this time around.

I have a friend and we've been texting buddies for months now , I enjoy spending time texting but we've only met once in person and that was the first time we knew each other and I think it's better that way for now untill I am very sure about what do next.

In all my life, I haven't been fortunate with relationships but this time around, I have a feeling that this time it's going to be different and I hope that it turns out how I look forward to otherwise it's going to leave me broken in a million pieces. 

On 7/30/2022 at 12:03 PM, Heatman said:

In all my life, I haven't been fortunate with relationships but this time around, I have a feeling that this time it's going to be different and I hope that it turns out how I look forward to otherwise it's going to leave me broken in a million pieces. 

Yeah, maybe this one would work out for you.

I enjoy platonic relationships more this days I really can't handle too much complications at this time.

On 7/28/2022 at 3:41 PM, The Blackangel said:

My dogs are the same way. Their stomachs are black holes when it comes to food. And god forbid I'm eating something that smells good.

I agree, my dogs' father used to crawl around and play dead if I didn't give him some of my food. If I ignored, him he'd stop his routine, get up and hit me with his paw until I was looking at him and then he does it again.