DC

Which would you pick?

Which would you pick?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick?

• PS5
    • Xbox Series X
    • High end gaming computer

I feel by the time I do get a PS5 or series x, the generation will already be near done. So I figure I'm just going to stick with my gaming PC that I got now, and forget the consoles altogether. Well, maybe not the Switch, because I would still like to get one soon. But maybe I'll just wait until the next iteration of the Switch comes out. I hope they make one with better hardware. 

If unfortunately I failed to land PS5 when I need it most, then, my second choice will be 'Xbox Series X console. The console can be measured on the same height with PS5. Even if I never used any console brand aside from play station, I'll move on with Xbox series X, it got same features with my number one lover 'PS5. 

On 7/7/2022 at 8:00 PM, Kane99 said:

Oh yeah, I imagine it's causing issues for people. And in turn it's pushing people to get an Xbox instead. Which is to be expected when stuff like this happens. Still though, Sony has made their money on it, so they're going to be fine. It's just us who has to wait patiently as they figure out to stop scalpers. But, I don't think they can be stopped at this rate. 

You're right about that making some gamers go for the Xbox Series X. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm definitely going to wait for as long as it takes for Playstation 5 to be available for me to get it. There's no rush for me since PS4 is still a very good one to use and wait for it. 

Sony might be having another thing running in their minds at the moment. If truly they want to produce more PS5, they could've started it earlier before now. Covid 19 effect isn't much anymore, I don't just know the reason for the steady scarcity of PS5. 

I've got a Series X which is fine for now, maybe i'll get a ps5 once those become more readily avaible but eh do i really want one now. Nah i'm good thanks, give it  somebody else who wants it more.

I've got no use for a high end computer because all i use my laptop for is the internet and my 8 year old laptop still does a fine job at that so i'm good on that front aswell.

3 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I've got a Series X which is fine for now, maybe i'll get a ps5 once those become more readily avaible but eh do i really want one now. Nah i'm good thanks, give it  somebody else who wants it more.

I've got no use for a high end computer because all i use my laptop for is the internet and my 8 year old laptop still does a fine job at that so i'm good on that front aswell.

At this point I feel like one console is enough. Especially if you only play third party games. If you don't care for first party games as much, then both console would work. 

And on top of it, gaming PCs often cost a lot more than consoles. Consoles tend to be a lot more affordable. 

On 7/11/2022 at 2:44 PM, Kane99 said:

At this point I feel like one console is enough. Especially if you only play third party games. If you don't care for first party games as much, then both console would work. 

And on top of it, gaming PCs often cost a lot more than consoles. Consoles tend to be a lot more affordable. 

That was the truth until Crypto crashed - since then, the price of GPU's and other components have fallen drastically and everything is a lot more affordable now.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That was the truth until Crypto crashed - since then, the price of GPU's and other components have fallen drastically and everything is a lot more affordable now.

Yeah, that's probably a good side to what's happening in the cryptocurrency market at the moment. Some people are happy about it while some that invested heavily on cryptocurrency projects are in pains. Although, I haven't purchased any PC recently but I think that even with that going on now, with how the economy is positioned now, things are still reasonably costly. 

On 7/26/2022 at 3:38 PM, killamch89 said:

Yeah, but wasn't there a shortage of chips that's still causing prices to stay a bit up there? I could be wrong, but I heard there was a chip shortage for the past year or so now. If that's the case though, awesome, because I wouldn't mind building a new gaming PC when I can afford to. 

And on a side note, I am never investing in crypto. Spent $60 a while back on three kinds of crypto, and now have like $25 worth left lol. 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:06 PM, Kane99 said:

And on a side note, I am never investing in crypto. Spent $60 a while back on three kinds of crypto, and now have like $25 worth left lol. 

I can't say that's not funny because it is and I have been on that road too. It feels funny when you wake up everyday and open your wallet only to see that the value of coins in your portfolio keeps going down and you can't do anything about it.

If you decide to sell, you have lost the money and if you decide to hold, it keeps going down but with only your hope that it's going to appreciate soon. This is the pain of buying and holding any coin. 

On 7/9/2022 at 7:25 PM, Heatman said:

You're right about that making some gamers go for the Xbox Series X. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm definitely going to wait for as long as it takes for Playstation 5 to be available for me to get it. There's no rush for me since PS4 is still a very good one to use and wait for it. 

Yeah, by the time I could afford to get a PS5 or a series x, I'll probably be 4-5 years into the generation, and by that point I'm sure there will be talks about a new console for each brand coming. They tend to do 5-10 year support for each new console that drops, so my guess is that it will result in me waiting for yet another new console to drop. 

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Why nobody wants an xbox?

Playstation 5 obviously seems to be hottest cake 🎂 in the market to choose from. It's surely why most people or everyone wants PS5 or PC because of its capabilities. 

On 6/29/2022 at 5:59 AM, Empire said:

High end gaming computer anyday 🙂 You end up paying far more amount of money yet you can do so far and more with it, not just gaming. serve multi purpose task and video to everyday things. Supports more type of games and modding games. can run games far more higher then on any consoles. 

That's why I stay in PC gaming and with the crash of the Crypto market, GPUs have become affordable again.