Which would you pick?

Which would you pick?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick?

• PS5
    • Xbox Series X
    • High end gaming computer

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's why I stay in PC gaming and with the crash of the Crypto market, GPUs have become affordable again.

A whole lot of people are crying blood with the crash of the Crypto market. Bitcoin is down to $19k. It's a good thing for GPU and a horrible one for investors in cryptocurrency. 

On 9/2/2022 at 2:12 AM, killamch89 said:

That's why I stay in PC gaming and with the crash of the Crypto market, GPUs have become affordable again.

Well, Not fast enought, in the UK they are not dropping as fast as you think. Not like the USA. 

The PC, definitely. My entire life has been attached to the PC since I was 10. I do everything on my PC, from browsing the Internet to having a social life online, so if I get to play high-end games on my PC too, then all the better.

On 9/4/2022 at 5:16 PM, Akun said:

The PC, definitely. My entire life has been attached to the PC since I was 10. I do everything on my PC, from browsing the Internet to having a social life online, so if I get to play high-end games on my PC too, then all the better.

It's probably going to be very difficult for you to adjust to playing on consoles I assume right? A friend of mine who's virtually on PC always find it very challenging to play games on consoles. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It's probably going to be very difficult for you to adjust to playing on consoles I assume right?

Not at all. I do find the PC to be more convenient, but I've still bought console-exclusive games on the PS5 and 3DS, even PS/Switch games that have already been ported to the PC. It just depends on my mood, I suppose. I have a habit of impulse-buying.

Stunned to find I've never commented on this thread. Oh well, better late than never.

Obviously, given the the choice, you would go for a nice, high end gaming PC, and why not. Better compatibility with older games, no pay-to-play online, better performance (potentially, provided the hardware is up to snuff), choice of digital store fronts. However, without physical distribution, console exclusives (And face it, console may have less exclusive games, but they have better ones), hardware and software that can be more difficult to live with and a high install cost, it's not for everyone.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:18 AM, DC said:

If you were offered a PS5, an Xbox Series X or a high end gaming computer, which one would you pick and why?

Def a high end gaming computer, pref a laptop as well so I can travel anywhere larping up mmorpgs and doing whatever I want with it.

I truly feel consoles are going to be on their way out in terms of functionality in the next few years. Could even see them becoming almost just "software" you install on your computer where you can attach controllers via the usb port / bluetooth and play the exact same games on your t.v as you would with the console.

10 hours ago, Akun said:

Not at all. I do find the PC to be more convenient, but I've still bought console-exclusive games on the PS5 and 3DS, even PS/Switch games that have already been ported to the PC. It just depends on my mood, I suppose. I have a habit of impulse-buying.

Wow, that means you're good and have nothing to worry about. I started out with consoles and it took me a while to get used to playing on PC but I'm good at it now. As for being into impulse-buying, that usually happens when you have funds always available 😂

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Wow, that means you're good and have nothing to worry about. I started out with consoles and it took me a while to get used to playing on PC but I'm good at it now. As for being into impulse-buying, that usually happens when you have funds always available 😂

Haha I impulse bought a nintendo switch about a year ago... used it less than 10 times.

2 hours ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Haha I impulse bought a nintendo switch about a year ago... used it less than 10 times.

That's the story with me, but for my PS5. lol I just didn't have any PS games I want to play that I didn't already have on my PC. 10 years ago though, that's a different story. I still remember how Kingdom Hearts and Detroit: Become Human were PS exclusives.

On 9/4/2022 at 5:56 AM, Empire said:

Well, Not fast enought, in the UK they are not dropping as fast as you think. Not like the USA. 

Yeah, the US GPU market has been looking pretty great - I'm considering getting a 3090 for $1k but I could put $100 on that and get 3090 TI but then I don't think I could find a case for that big behemoth of a graphics card. Do you guys have StockX in the UK? - It's one of the few places online that always has deals and the goods are always checked and verified to be authentic and working before they ship it to you.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:28 PM, Akun said:

That's the story with me, but for my PS5. lol I just didn't have any PS games I want to play that I didn't already have on my PC. 10 years ago though, that's a different story. I still remember how Kingdom Hearts and Detroit: Become Human were PS exclusives.

Well I just wanted pokemon and some of the mario style games but it was a disappointment honestly XD 

1 minute ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Well I just wanted pokemon and some of the mario style games but it was a disappointment honestly XD 

I've barely touched Pokémon Legends: Arceus and the Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Double Pack after a few hours of playtime. lol I do tend to use the Switch for other stuff though like JRPGs and visual novels; basically third-party non-Nintendo games, ironically.

Just now, Akun said:

I've barely touched Pokémon Legends: Arceus and the Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Double Pack after a few hours of playtime. lol I do tend to use the Switch for other stuff though like JRPGs and visual novels; basically third-party non-Nintendo games, ironically.

What RPGs do you enjoy on it? I wouldn't mind snagging one just to get the feel of it, could try to sell some of these other games I never touch.  Also other features does the switch have that are useful? Movies, etc etc?

1 hour ago, Empire Of Sight said:

What RPGs do you enjoy on it? I wouldn't mind snagging one just to get the feel of it, could try to sell some of these other games I never touch.  Also other features does the switch have that are useful? Movies, etc etc?

Well, to be honest, the only JRPG I've ever played on it was Shin Megami Tensei V, which had a pretty lackluster story. However, I've heard that Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is receiving all kinds of praise, so you could try that out. I've also bought Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Three Hopes on the Switch, but I've yet to play them yet.

The Switch is unfortunately a pure gaming device without any other features like movie-watching or even browsing the Internet (at least I think you couldn't surf the net). It's not a home entertainment device like the PS5 or the XBox, unfortunately, but I never had to use those entertainment features of the PS5 or the XBox myself because I have my PC. I do use the PS5 for its blu-ray function, but that's on rare occasions when I need to watch South Park.