Which would you pick?

Which would you pick?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick?

• PS5
    • Xbox Series X
    • High end gaming computer

35 minutes ago, Akun said:

Well, to be honest, the only JRPG I've ever played on it was Shin Megami Tensei V, which had a pretty lackluster story. However, I've heard that Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is receiving all kinds of praise, so you could try that out. I've also bought Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Three Hopes on the Switch, but I've yet to play them yet.

The Switch is unfortunately a pure gaming device without any other features like movie-watching or even browsing the Internet (at least I think you couldn't surf the net). It's not a home entertainment device like the PS5 or the XBox, unfortunately, but I never had to use those entertainment features of the PS5 or the XBox myself because I have my PC. I do use the PS5 for its blu-ray function, but that's on rare occasions when I need to watch South Park.

I seen the Fire Emblem stuff online recently and it looked amazing, honestly fall in line with you there about using the P.C for everything else besides gaming but should have gotten a ps5 since it was easy to get here where I live for about $150 more than the switch >.<

On 9/12/2022 at 6:44 PM, killamch89 said:

Yeah, the US GPU market has been looking pretty great - I'm considering getting a 3090 for $1k but I could put $100 on that and get 3090 TI but then I don't think I could find a case for that big behemoth of a graphics card. Do you guys have StockX in the UK? - It's one of the few places online that always has deals and the goods are always checked and verified to be authentic and working before they ship it to you.

They are coming down but very slow, they said that they are not more new 3000 seres cards being amde as they are looking into 400 now. Yet they ahve so many high stock of them that they ahve to sell as soon as they can and also means cheaper

On 9/12/2022 at 1:07 PM, Empire Of Sight said:

Haha I impulse bought a nintendo switch about a year ago... used it less than 10 times.

Haha, that's hilarious. If I were you, I would most certainly try selling it off if I wasn't feeling the vibe of playing with it. 

You still have it or sold already? 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Haha, that's hilarious. If I were you, I would most certainly try selling it off if I wasn't feeling the vibe of playing with it. 

I probably wouldn't sell it off, seeing as the Switch is still a relatively new console that Nintendo wouldn't replace for a while. There might be other third-party IPs that might pique @Empire Of Sight's interest in the future released on the Switch.

5 hours ago, Akun said:

I probably wouldn't sell it off, seeing as the Switch is still a relatively new console that Nintendo wouldn't replace for a while. There might be other third-party IPs that might pique @Empire Of Sight's interest in the future released on the Switch.

Honestly I think dark souls is on it so it would be what i would buy unless im mistaken

6 hours ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Well I havent sold it no xD I was planning to just do a give away for it soon within my gaming community haha.

Wow, that would be very kind of you and I'm very sure that any of you're member that's lucky enough to get it would be very thrilled. I loved it when I got because I couldn't get into handheld gaming with my smartphone but with the Switch, it was easy peasy. 

On 9/15/2022 at 11:20 PM, Heatman said:

Wow, that would be very kind of you and I'm very sure that any of you're member that's lucky enough to get it would be very thrilled. I loved it when I got because I couldn't get into handheld gaming with my smartphone but with the Switch, it was easy peasy. 

Haha yeah I'm sure they will be XD Just hope its someone who will actually play it instead of selling it but if they win its up to themm, I actually like the switch itself, the screen, the ease of use etc is great + the graphics are amazing. I just think my brain wont calm down enough to indulge into playing a game longer than a few minutes at a time these days xDD

18 hours ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Haha yeah I'm sure they will be XD Just hope its someone who will actually play it instead of selling it but if they win its up to themm, I actually like the switch itself, the screen, the ease of use etc is great + the graphics are amazing. I just think my brain wont calm down enough to indulge into playing a game longer than a few minutes at a time these days xDD

Well, that's the thing with running anything on giveaways, there's no way you would be able to tell how the winner is going to use it and that sucks because the essence of giving it out was to have it given to one who can play it and give good feedbacks to the community where he won it from. 

On 9/14/2022 at 5:09 AM, Empire said:

They are coming down but very slow, they said that they are not more new 3000 seres cards being amde as they are looking into 400 now. Yet they ahve so many high stock of them that they ahve to sell as soon as they can and also means cheaper

I'm not even interested in the 4000 series to be fair with them needing all new power pins to run them along with the price increase, I'll gladly wait until the 3090 reaches below $1000 and then I swoop in.

On 9/30/2022 at 3:59 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm not even interested in the 4000 series to be fair with them needing all new power pins to run them along with the price increase, I'll gladly wait until the 3090 reaches below $1000 and then I swoop in.

Same, I mean I thought that the 4000 series would use more power and yet they said only by 100watts - In fact I was pleaseed about that 🙂 however the cost of the new cards are just too much, the cost of them what shocked some people. I'm also after a new card and might stick with the 3000 series. Yet even so my max is £700

8 minutes ago, Empire said:

Same, I mean I thought that the 4000 series would use more power and yet they said only by 100watts - In fact I was pleaseed about that 🙂 however the cost of the new cards are just too much, the cost of them what shocked some people. I'm also after a new card and might stick with the 3000 series. Yet even so my max is £700

Nvidea are being very disingenuous when it comes to their marketing on these.  There are variants in the line up that have different amounts of RAM on board.  That's fine, we've seen different amounts of memory being put on the same chipsets before.  What they are being really sly about that they different boost clocks and CUDA core counts as well.  So the 4080 12Gb isn't really a 4080 at all because it has 26% less CUDA cores that 3080 16Gb.

As a business decision I can understand the price increase. They left billions of dollars on the table as scalpers bought up the stock and resold at 3 or 4 times MSRP. However, I think they've severely overcorrected on the price and are ignoring market factors (decreased demand due to lockdowns ending and Etherium crypto runs ending) that will hurt them in the long run. The question now is, is their product so much better than the competition's that the consumer will still buy the card? I'm still rocking a 1080 TI because I didn't want to pay scalper prices, now I'm questioning if I should even wait for the 4080 series or just buy a 3080.

Even if new iphone 14 became popular and offered to me for PS5 alternative. I wouldn't accept, I'll go for PS5, I'm so much in love with PS5 at the moment. I'm on the verge of replacing my PS4 with a PS5, I'm still in negotiation with the console owner. 

On 10/1/2022 at 6:53 AM, Crazycrab said:

Nvidea are being very disingenuous when it comes to their marketing on these.  There are variants in the line up that have different amounts of RAM on board.  That's fine, we've seen different amounts of memory being put on the same chipsets before.  What they are being really sly about that they different boost clocks and CUDA core counts as well.  So the 4080 12Gb isn't really a 4080 at all because it has 26% less CUDA cores that 3080 16Gb.

Just wanted to add that the 4090 itself isn't really two times more powerful than the 3090, the DLSS is twice as powerful. In actuality, it's at most 40% more powerful but also uses WAY more power so the price to performance ratio isn't worth it. As Jay also pointed in several videos as well, the new power pin adapter seems pretty fragile and top it all off, they freaking gigantic especially the Strix card.