Register Now
DC

Difficulty level

What difficulty do you play on when you first get a game? Does your decision demand on the game and your experience with previous iterations (ie Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc)?

At first, I always want to start in between very difficult mode. If it proves too difficult for me, then I would have to go down to normal level of difficulty and push it up later. I would never play in easy mode. 

Most games I play, I go for the normal modes. I sometimes switch it to easy if normal proves to be too much of a bother. I tend to not like playing difficult games anymore. As long as it's something easy enough, I will be happy. 

Challenging games are tough for me. Because I don't like to be challenged too much. I prefer to have it easy if possible lol. But I know that's not to be expected with all games. I just have to play the games I find easy enough for me. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If I'm able to make a decision on it, I play at the hardest level and I find that it makes me improve a lot faster to become a skillful player myself. I love the challenge and hate being babied in games.

Facing that level of challenge in very difficult mode can be thrilling because it's going to make you give your all because you're aware it's not going to be easy for you. 

I always play it as easy when doing the game for the first time, mainly since I'm more into the story rather then leveling up. once I played the story and wanted to redo it again then I can at a higher level once I know what the game is about. 

On 6/29/2022 at 2:01 AM, NightmareFarm said:

I typically go for the "Hard" but not "Very Hard" or "Hardest" difficulty. The one that is a step above the average difficulty.

Depending on the game that I'm actually playing, if it's something that's originally difficult on its own, go at on a very difficult mode would be suicide. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Depending on the game that I'm actually playing, if it's something that's originally difficult on its own, go at on a very difficult mode would be suicide. 

Well yeah, it all depends on the game sometimes the general difficulty is skewed towards either being too hard or too easy so you would have to choose the difficulty harder or easier than the one you'd usually choose. But I just meant I go on the regular "hard" mode as a general rule. 

On 6/29/2022 at 7:51 AM, Aniekwe said:

Facing that level of challenge in very difficult mode can be thrilling because it's going to make you give your all because you're aware it's not going to be easy for you. 

I know - I love extremely difficult games and that's why I have taken a liking to Dark Souls games as well as Elden Ring. They don't afford you the luxury of relaxing for even one second.

I hate that some people out there make fun of others because they like to play on easier difficulties. I don't care if you play on easy, or hard, or the toughest difficulty. Some of us are too lazy to handle the tougher games. It's why I don't get too int Dark Souls like games, because they're too hard for me. And that's fine. It would be cool to have an easier difficulty, but I totally understand why they keep it as tough as it is. Because in reality if you paid attention, learned the enemy attacks, it'd probably fairly easy to get used to. But, I'm too lazy lol. So I tend to go for normal or easy. 

I think the only games I tried to go the toughest difficulty was some of the WWF/WWE Wrestling games and maybe those prototype games, they were kinda easy on the toughest difficulty. At least for me. 

Aside from Hatred, I don't actually play any games where you can choose the difficulty. I do play a lot of games through a Game Genie, simply to make them harder. These are games that I have flat out mastered though. After you get to a point where there is nothing left to learn, the game gets boring extremely quick. Hell in Zelda A Link To The Past, one thing I no longer do is collect heart pieces. I skip over a lot of items as well, like the bug net and bottles. I don't get the magic cape or Cane Of Byrna. I don't upgrade my sword past the initial master sword. There's a lot of things I try to make it more challenging.