Register Now
DC

Difficulty level

On 6/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, killamch89 said:

I know - I love extremely difficult games and that's why I have taken a liking to Dark Souls games as well as Elden Ring. They don't afford you the luxury of relaxing for even one second.

All FromSoftware Inc Soul's games are designed in the same manner and it's to be very punishing to the very least of play in it. Take a good look at Bloodborne too, It's not a game meant for the fainted heart or those who are too soft to take a beaten and get frustrated from losing more than they can win. 

Edited by Heatman

I don't like easy because it feels too weak for me, so even if I am just playing the game for the first time I go with intermediate then as I become more confident with my game play I switch to expert.

I get more excitement when I start out on a very difficult level because I don't like having it easy with any of my games. It's why I had to adjust to playing Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring very quickly because I'm used to playing difficult games. 

When I was very much younger, I love love playing at the amateur level, such level was boring because I play freely and score loads of goals playing PES with AI opponents. At this time, I can't imagine myself at the lowest difficulty level. 

10 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

When I was very much younger, I love love playing at the amateur level, such level was boring because I play freely and score loads of goals playing PES with AI opponents. At this time, I can't imagine myself at the lowest difficulty level. 

My kid sister doesn't care about all that. All that matters to her is winning and even if it's in very easy level, she doesn't mind as long as it's what helps her to win, it's the path she's following. 

9 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

My kid sister doesn't care about all that. All that matters to her is winning and even if it's in very easy level, she doesn't mind as long as it's what helps her to win, it's the path she's following. 

Lol, that's how it was for me in the past, I never cared about the real test of the game, I don't like challenges, I love it when I win easily just as your sister love it 😂

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, that's how it was for me in the past, I never cared about the real test of the game, I don't like challenges, I love it when I win easily just as your sister love it 😂

It was fun and satisfying for her is what I presumed because of how excited she is whenever she keeps wining. Trying to make her play in a difficult mode that's going to limit her wining rate would not work. 

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It was fun and satisfying for her is what I presumed because of how excited she is whenever she keeps wining. Trying to make her play in a difficult mode that's going to limit her wining rate would not work. 

Lol

Well , everyone loves winning sometimes I do change the difficulty mode from intermediate or hard to amateur and just enjoy a hitch free game play without any loses.

On 7/3/2022 at 12:43 AM, Clasher said:

I don't like easy because it feels too weak for me, so even if I am just playing the game for the first time I go with intermediate then as I become more confident with my game play I switch to expert.

Some games don't even have easy or normal mode. Take for example, Top Eleven Football Manager Simulation game. There's no easy or average mode in it. Everything is dependent on the server you find your team. If it's on a high end server, you're doomed right from the start. Your team might be 120% strength and you're faced with team of 180%+ strength. 

Just now, Heatman said:

Some games don't even have easy or normal mode. Take for example, Top Eleven Football Manager Simulation game. There's no easy or average mode in it. Everything is dependent on the server you find your team. If it's on a high end server, you're doomed right from the start. Your team might be 120% strength and you're faced with team of 180%+ strength. 

I didn't play Top Eleven football, I was referring to games like grand Turismo , call of duty : modern warfare where you can change your difficulty level.

12 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I didn't play Top Eleven football, I was referring to games like grand Turismo , call of duty : modern warfare where you can change your difficulty level.

Yeah, it's why I said in some games that it's designed that way to not a means to adjust the game's mode of play. I think there's another game I have played that's designed the same way which has been a long time ago, I can't remember the name right now. 

What are some video games that you felt were way too hard? Maybe even tougher than the likes of Dark Souls? I imagine there are a fair share of games even tougher than Dark Souls, and I want to know, which ones did you give up on because of the punishing difficulty? 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

What are some video games that you felt were way too hard? Maybe even tougher than the likes of Dark Souls? I imagine there are a fair share of games even tougher than Dark Souls, and I want to know, which ones did you give up on because of the punishing difficulty? 

A very good example of the game which you asked about that's more difficult than Dark Souls for me would be Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It was developed by the same company but what makes it more difficult is unlike in Dark Souls where you have the opportunity to create and build your character the way to suit your playstyle, in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice it's just based on sword based combat and combat arts which is fast pace and doesn't give you room for any errors.