Register Now
DC

You play as the bad guy

I prefer games that are more free to choose. Like Fable for example. You can be good, or be bad. I like to do a mix of that. Currently I'm being awful in RDR2, so I can see how different things are when you're essentially going to the dark side. 

I normally play as a good guy in most games, but I like to switch it up from time to time and play the bad guy.

38 minutes ago, Aniekwe said:

The Last of Us Part II where Ellie sets out for the revenge of Joel who was murdered by Abby. 

Also in Batman: Arkham City, you always appear as the bad guy with the joker. 

I suppose Ellie counts. In the Last of Us part 2, you could beat the game without killing a lot of the NPCs around. But I know some people go full force and kill everyone. Which is fine. 

With Batman Arkham, I don't know if that really counts. Maybe the Joker mission, but that's one small bit from a bigger game. And Batman isn't able to kill in the game. You can beat the crap out of people, but that's it. 

Spec Ops the Line is my favorite experience because the game made you believe that you're the hero up to a point until you bomb a much of people with white phosphorus bombs and you keep going down that dark path. It's not until you realize the guy you were chasing the entire time had been dead for years that you realize that your character was the villain all along.

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I suppose Ellie counts. In the Last of Us part 2, you could beat the game without killing a lot of the NPCs around. But I know some people go full force and kill everyone. Which is fine. 

With Batman Arkham, I don't know if that really counts. Maybe the Joker mission, but that's one small bit from a bigger game. And Batman isn't able to kill in the game. You can beat the crap out of people, but that's it. 

I would say that Batman is a bully with with the right purpose 😂

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Spec Ops the Line is my favorite experience because the game made you believe that you're the hero up to a point until you bomb a much of people with white phosphorus bombs and you keep going down that dark path. It's not until you realize the guy you were chasing the entire time had been dead for years that you realize that your character was the villain all along.

I wouldn't say the character is the bad guy, if anything it's more that war is the villain. The character didn't know the bad things he was doing because of the PTSD he was suffering throughout the game. He thought he was doing right by his country, but at the end like you said, he realized the error of his ways. He was doing what he thought was good. That's how I see it anyway. 

8 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I would say that Batman is a bully with with the right purpose 😂

Yeah Batman can be a bully, but for the most part I wouldn't say he's near to being the bad guy of the game. Now, if we got a game based on the Snyderverse Batman, than yeah, I'd view him as the bad guy in some ways. 

On 6/29/2022 at 2:08 AM, killamch89 said:

The scene of horror with White Phosphorus is something that I don't forget easily in Spec Ops : The Line. The amount of suffering those innocent men and women had to pass through before they died was horrible. 

There's a particular quest in Skyrim called "The Taste of Death" where you play as a bad guy by becoming a backstabbing character where you betary Verulus the priest who called for your help which would result in killing him when you decide to join Eola in her cannibalism plot.