Register Now
Kane99

Trading/exchaning teammates in esports

This was a random thought I had recently. What if esports teams exchanged teammates? I could see something like that happening, kind of like how trades work in sports. You could trade a teammate to an opposing team. I imagine it has happened where some people join other teams, but I think a trading system could work among the esports community. 

What do you guys think? Would you be okay with being traded to another esports team? 

Such kind of feature or system would make sense in esports, I never really checked, it can be possible to trade with another team just as we've been seeing in the world of sports. If the feature isn't brought to esports, the organizers of the competition should consider bringing it on, it will add more fun around the viewers, just as sports fans in 'NBA, Soccer, Hockey etc, experience fun when their respective teams brings in fresh players from other teams. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Such kind of feature or system would make sense in esports, I never really checked, it can be possible to trade with another team just as we've been seeing in the world of sports. If the feature isn't brought to esports, the organizers of the competition should consider bringing it on, it will add more fun around the viewers, just as sports fans in 'NBA, Soccer, Hockey etc, experience fun when their respective teams brings in fresh players from other teams. 

Of course. It would make sense that some teams want to trade players. It would make the world of esports a bit more interesting as well. Like so and so was traded to this team for this guy. But, I wonder if teams are run by the players themselves, or if they have a coach. Ooh, I wonder if some esports teams have coaches. I imagine they have captain(s) on the team as well. 

But, I don't think esports players are paid the same as sports stars. I imagine a team splits winnings and that's where the pay comes in. But I could be wrong on that. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Of course. It would make sense that some teams want to trade players. It would make the world of esports a bit more interesting as well. Like so and so was traded to this team for this guy. But, I wonder if teams are run by the players themselves, or if they have a coach. Ooh, I wonder if some esports teams have coaches. I imagine they have captain(s) on the team as well. 

But, I don't think esports players are paid the same as sports stars. I imagine a team splits winnings and that's where the pay comes in. But I could be wrong on that. 

I don't think eSports teams got captains, they're just like a team where anyone can lead, I might be saying blindly, but of course I never heard about captains around eSports teams. 

eSports players don't earn like sports players earn from their various clubs, it will be cool to see split competitions just like we have in sports around eSports. It will become a major source of revenue to the various eSports teams to clear their bills and increase players wages. 

On 6/30/2022 at 2:24 AM, Justin11 said:

I don't think eSports teams got captains, they're just like a team where anyone can lead, I might be saying blindly, but of course I never heard about captains around eSports teams. 

eSports players don't earn like sports players earn from their various clubs, it will be cool to see split competitions just like we have in sports around eSports. It will become a major source of revenue to the various eSports teams to clear their bills and increase players wages. 

Yeah that's the thing, I am not sure either. There is a lot of different kinds of esports organizations, so maybe they each run their own differently. Some with trading as a possibility and somewhere it's just a team that are all in control and no one has a captain or leader. 

Don't they usually make money from tournament winnings? And of course sponsorship is probably a big one too. 

43 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah that's the thing, I am not sure either. There is a lot of different kinds of esports organizations, so maybe they each run their own differently. Some with trading as a possibility and somewhere it's just a team that are all in control and no one has a captain or leader. 

Don't they usually make money from tournament winnings? And of course sponsorship is probably a big one too. 

Lots of them don't have sponsorship, that's the reason why they aren't generating cool revenue. If they can allow trading of players, and expand their competition tree, televise their game, it will be super cool and such will bring more revenue. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lots of them don't have sponsorship, that's the reason why they aren't generating cool revenue. If they can allow trading of players, and expand their competition tree, televise their game, it will be super cool and such will bring more revenue. 

Oh yeah, if they don't have sponsors, they probably won't get too far. I imagine they could still enter tournaments with their team. I think the more they win, the more chances of sponsors joining them. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh yeah, if they don't have sponsors, they probably won't get too far. I imagine they could still enter tournaments with their team. I think the more they win, the more chances of sponsors joining them. 

Yeah, when you're impressing the audience, definitely you'll attract the eyes of sponsors for your team. I believe if esports teams wins mire tournaments, definitely they'll cut the eyes of sponsors. 

Makes me wonder, does a esports team have a coach or leader? One who doesn't actually game, but is just in control of the team. I doubt they have coaches, because I don't think esports would work with a coach. But I could be wrong. 

Anyway, the better your team of players are, the best chance you got to succeed in the esports arena. 

On 6/29/2022 at 12:14 AM, Kane99 said:

This was a random thought I had recently. What if esports teams exchanged teammates? I could see something like that happening, kind of like how trades work in sports. You could trade a teammate to an opposing team. I imagine it has happened where some people join other teams, but I think a trading system could work among the esports community. 

What do you guys think? Would you be okay with being traded to another esports team? 

Hi there, TC (Topic Creator). I'm pretty familiar with this subject. I've spent thousands of hours analyzing competitive gaming footage (in multiple genres) over the past several years, and I have about 56 competitive gaming #1 Ranks. I've competed in, and still do compete, in "tournaments". Realistically speaking, the "e-sports" scene is obviously new and, to an extent, grass-roots -- but with that grass roots nature can unfortunately breed a form of organized crime, which there's already a very large footprint of right on the face of mainstream e-sports.

Feds have led multi-jurisdiction, multi-COUNTRY investigations into match fixing in the North American division of Counter-Strike, which set many online analysts into a properly directed fit of anger while exposing some of the best players on their youtube channels for fraud, match fixing, etc. It couldn't figure out how to link, but you can just Google "FBI Investigates Counter Strike+Destructoid" to get a simplified article, albeit there are literally dozens of mainstream news outlets that covered the issue. The players just in this simple case were caught red handed agreeing to fix (paid) tournaments, of which they did so in writing like your typical Albert Einstein. If you listen to the head of the ESIC in Australia during his original briefing on youtube with another popular streamer who did a good job exposing the issue, the ESIC leader underscored all sorts of TITANIC red flags that exist in the e-sports community, but in the case mentioned above: it was "outside betting syndicates" -- meaning organized crime groups -- allegedly pressuring the adolescent persons into throwing matches for some extra cash, and match fixing is allegedly very common in what are claimed to be real "tournaments".

Try checking out the incident in physical sports where 11 boxing matches in the 2016 Olympics were rigged, covered once again by not some fringe solo article in hoo haa land -- but a plethora of mainline news organizations. And that's just one of many examples: Check out Pub G Mobile's Twitter account where they feature a list called the "BAN PAN" where they used to ban over 1 million players PER WEEK (on a competitive cell phone game, mind you), for cheating. Check out the news article where Pub G banned almost 4 million players IN ONE WEEK for cheating... on a freaking competitive cell phone game. If you look at it these days it's usually just shy of a million or several hundred thousand people banned (yes, every single week) for cheating.

So to answer your question: E-Sports has evolved into a literal monster with very little oversight, a plethora of cheating (even in paid tournaments, which is a crime called WIRE FRAUD, among various other criminal conspiracies), and mind you that e-sports are often played by young adults or even children. So I would ask the question why on earth, with the billions of dollars involved in e-sports, are the governments of the world basically allowing a form of international organized crime being run by children? I know the answer, but I won't get into it here. But all this stuff is proven because I study this stuff constantly.

"Trades" like the various sports leagues would be fine if E-Sports were actually regulated properly, but that's next phase stuff after -- if ever -- e-sports rids itself of the massive levels of fraud involved. Problem is that match fixing in stuff that involves money has been going on for decades, if not hundreds of years; perhaps thousands (I'd have to trace it back). The way E-Sports teams work is they effectively DROP a client, and said client is then labeled as a free agent who can go whereever he wants afterwards -- so it's already similar to physical sports in that sense. I don't think there's people involved in E-Sports that have the type of value where big trade would be on peoples minds in terms of especially a public interest. So I'd answer your question with a polite "NO"; as it'd be unnecessary -- and state that fraud needs to at least not so darn noticeable, obvious and clear -- for a start. I think that's where e-sports needs to start from here and many other people and companies are getting on bored with this ideology.

Matches are still fixed in professional physical sports (allegedly), but at least it's still beatable if the team or competitor is good enough, and it's not as obvious as e-sports.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:07 PM, Kane99 said:

Makes me wonder, does a esports team have a coach or leader? One who doesn't actually game, but is just in control of the team. I doubt they have coaches, because I don't think esports would work with a coach. But I could be wrong. 

Anyway, the better your team of players are, the best chance you got to succeed in the esports arena. 

I unfortunately have not figured out how to post links, but you're welcome to ask me any questions. 

Yes: E-sports players and/or teams can have coaches, as well as team that they belong to, as well as various sponsors. The coaches can be, and are, DIRECT, in the sense that they can sometimes pop on stage at a tournament and start whispering stuff in the player (or teams) ear just like you'd see in a boxing matches. They typically do not compete, but you're welcome to google yet another incident of cheating where, and I quote: "Valve Bans 37 CS:GO Coaches Caught Cheating". So the players cheating is bad enough, but 37 counter strike managers caught cheating is bottom of the barrel type stuff unfortunately for the tournament scenes.