Register Now
Kane99

Do you think 3D gaming will make a comeback? (3D TVs)

30 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I could visualize such a moment in time as well.

I haven't tried out VR yet but I would certainly try it out soon enough.

I did enjoy 3d effects back then but now it doesn't seem to me as an essential addition.

I have tried playing with VR a couple of times at my friend's who's got Playstation 5 and it was an awesome experience. After playing with it, I figured the reason why these guys wouldn't be going back to revive 3Ds.

They have gone far ahead right now that going back is mission impossible. 

3 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I have tried playing with VR a couple of times at my friend's who's got Playstation 5 and it was an awesome experience. After playing with it, I figured the reason why these guys wouldn't be going back to revive 3Ds.

They have gone far ahead right now that going back is mission impossible. 

I would definitely go to the gaming center this weekend to try out the VR for myself.

Technology is advancing really fast and there have been other inventions that are far more advanced than 3D making it almost dormant now.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

I would definitely go to the gaming center this weekend to try out the VR for myself.

Technology is advancing really fast and there have been other inventions that are far more advanced than 3D making it almost dormant now.

I wish there was a place near me that has VR headsets you can play with. I can't afford to get one yet, so my only way would be to play via an arcade or some that has VR headsets available for users. 

But the good news is that VR is getting cheaper. So, maybe I'll be able to eventually get one. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I wish there was a place near me that has VR headsets you can play with. I can't afford to get one yet, so my only way would be to play via an arcade or some that has VR headsets available for users. 

But the good news is that VR is getting cheaper. So, maybe I'll be able to eventually get one. 

Over here there are quite a good number of centers and gaming hubs where you could easily go and play with a VR headset though the price varies depending on which place you are patronising.

I haven't even considered getting a VR headset yet but Maybe with time I would take it into consideration.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

Over here there are quite a good number of centers and gaming hubs where you could easily go and play with a VR headset though the price varies depending on which place you are patronising.

I haven't even considered getting a VR headset yet but Maybe with time I would take it into consideration.

Sadly not near me, at least not anywhere I know of. I live in the UP of Michigan, so from my knowledge there are no VR centers around here. I don't get out much otherwise, and I imagine most of the VR centers or places like it are in the lower peninsula of Michigan. 

I wish I could afford one, I want to try VR so bad. 

Of course, let's keep this on topic. 

In regards to 3D TVs are they even sold in most stores these days? I feel like the last time I bought a new TV, which was last summer, I didn't see any 3D TVs on the shelf, nor did I see any 3D glasses in store shelves. Do you guys see 3D TVs in stores anymore?

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

In regards to 3D TVs are they even sold in most stores these days?

As far as I'm aware, no. Currys is the electronics place in the UK and the only reference to 3D in televisions is "3D surround sound". I think manufacturers' attentions have turned to Smart televisions and other such features.

I've a feeling that if 3D is to make a comeback, it'll be a lot different to how we imagine it now. Perhaps - like the 3DS - just a button on the remote, or a vocal command to turn it on or off.

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Of course, let's keep this on topic. 

In regards to 3D TVs are they even sold in most stores these days? I feel like the last time I bought a new TV, which was last summer, I didn't see any 3D TVs on the shelf, nor did I see any 3D glasses in store shelves. Do you guys see 3D TVs in stores anymore?

There's a few store that I have seen it on display here but it's been there for a long time and no one is supposedly buying it. Perhaps, people have moved on from it completely. Maybe if I feel like collecting, I'd just see if I'd buy it again 😂

Smart TVs are already taking over the market with 4k screens, it's been a while I saw any 3D TV on display and most cinema i have visited recently doesn't even use the 3D glasses anymore.

With the growth of technology I think 3D might come back just as a feature on a TV and not just it's main function and you could comfortably switch from 3D to any other feature with just the remote control just as withywarlock mentioned.

I just checked walmart myself and there is no 3D TVs around. I think we're officially done with the 3D TV craze until it returns in another 5-10 years lol. It's always as if 3D TVs and 3D media always come back. I know with 3D movies showing up in theaters, it seemed to be making a comeback then, but I swear 3D TV and tech has been coming and going for years now. 

I bet that 3D TVs will make a comeback in that 5-10 years. I think the only way otherwise to get a 3D TV now is ebay and other stores that sell used stuff. You might be able to find them on Amazon too, but I didn't check there. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I bet that 3D TVs will make a comeback in that 5-10 years. I think the only way otherwise to get a 3D TV now is ebay and other stores that sell used stuff. You might be able to find them on Amazon too, but I didn't check there. 

Yeah, ebay is definitely a good source ground for you to get your hands on 3D TV. The platform is very good at that and you can actually find a brand new one there as well as used one's too. 

Once it's no longer available on eBay, then it's really over for it because you can't find it easily anywhere else. 

On 8/11/2022 at 11:53 AM, NightmareFarm said:

No, it will especially become unneccessary with VR in the forefront.

Even with VR not being used yet by a good number of gamers, it's pulling a big swing in the industry. One of the thing that's holding it back a little is the price it comes with. Once it becomes affordable, 3D gaming will go into oblivion. 

33 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Even with VR not being used yet by a good number of gamers, it's pulling a big swing in the industry. One of the thing that's holding it back a little is the price it comes with. Once it becomes affordable, 3D gaming will go into oblivion. 

Yeah, there will be literally no point of 3D when you can fully immerse yourself into the game with VR. I think it will take off this decade but not sure when. Most likely around 2024-2025.