Register Now
DC

Your opinion about beauty pageants

2 hours ago, Empire said:

, there’s no real competition. Sports and other types of competitions such as math competitions will have a clear, concise winner based off the rules. Beauty pageants that determine a person’s worth based on the inside and out is a judgement call, it cannot be measured, it can only be convincing

I agree. How do you really determine who wins pageants or other talents? Seems like it's just a voting based win where popularity is key, not really who is the better. And judges are humans with their own personal biases. It's hard to separate a judge from a jury when determining who wins. Because any bad apple in the process throws it all out the window. And if there is ever some kind of disaster in their home country, they most likely will get the sympathy judge. So I personally believe favoritism wins over actual talent in pageants. 

5 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I agree. How do you really determine who wins pageants or other talents? Seems like it's just a voting based win where popularity is key, not really who is the better. And judges are humans with their own personal biases. It's hard to separate a judge from a jury when determining who wins. Because any bad apple in the process throws it all out the window. And if there is ever some kind of disaster in their home country, they most likely will get the sympathy judge. So I personally believe favoritism wins over actual talent in pageants. 

Well, you ain't far from the truth, there is the popular saying that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" so how do they judge when each individual is meant to perceive beauty in all it's forms differently as designed by nature. 

Popularity , sympathy votes and favoritism are the key playing factors when determining the winners of beauty pageants.

Long before I met her, my partner was a runner up at a pageant, but she opted out of the final round because the judges (consisting of women too, but still) wanted to see a lot more than even what she wore for her belly dancing round. Personally I don't like that she (or anyone for that matter) was judged on her aesthetics first and her talents second, but she had a good time all the same.

PS: Love that joke, kingpotato. Shame I've run out of reacts, so have a poor man's laugh emoji: xD

Most people opt out of beauty pageants due to the dress code. Normally, I wouldn't like the woman I love to partake in such. I am a jealous lover, and anyone who is jealous wouldn't let such happen. I know it is something of an immense value to represent, but c'mon, not everyone gonna participate in it. In as much as I love watching pageantry activities, and love seeing beautiful faces, I wouldn't let my woman be a partaker 😂

On 7/6/2022 at 6:07 AM, Empire said:

, there’s no real competition. Sports and other types of competitions such as math competitions will have a clear, concise winner based off the rules. Beauty pageants that determine a person’s worth based on the inside and out is a judgement call, it cannot be measured, it can only be convincing

That's too true. When there's judges involved, the pageant isn't fair to anyone. Because it's entirely based off the judges opinion. There's no real winner or loser, because the judges (which are mostly men) may just be assholes. And more often than should be allowed, they just give good scores on the one they find the most attractive. There's no pageant that is a fair competition.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:16 PM, kingpotato said:

Dont care about them but I love this joke xD

images (11).jpeg

This is just hilarious,ln her head she's like "I came for a pageantry not a social experiment competition ask me about more important questions not a perfect date,like you are trying to woo me or something".. lol

On 7/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, Clasher said:

This is just hilarious,ln her head she's like "I came for a pageantry not a social experiment competition ask me about more important questions not a perfect date,like you are trying to woo me or something".. lol

No... thats not what the joke is about...

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Then what's the joke all about @kingpotato? I want to learn more, if what I'm thinking is true or not from the story you shared. 

If you have to explain a joke then its no longer funny but here I go I guess... @Clasher

Its very obvius actually, in english the word Date stands for calendar day or Date as in Dating or going out with a person in a romantic as in relationships, like going to the movies, going out fot dinner, going to the beach etc. 

The question that William Shatner was asking (the old fat dude in the picture) was, "Describe the perfect date" as in going out to dinner or movies etc , and what she would expect from her male companion, if he was a gentleman or if he was funny etc

But the girl misunderstood the question thinking he was asking about the weather of a calendar date...

On 7/12/2022 at 1:43 AM, kingpotato said:

But the girl misunderstood the question thinking he was asking about the weather of a calendar date...

I don't think the girl misunderstood the question but was been sarcastic with it. Though I can't tell because I wasn't in her head at that moment but it's still quite funny.

Beauty pageants can be seen in various lights and though it promotes various other things it is still good we appreciate the effort and initiative.

I hope I have been able to bring the thread back on track.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

I don't think the girl misunderstood the question but was been sarcastic with it. Though I can't tell because I wasn't in her head at that moment but it's still quite funny.

Beauty pageants can be seen in various lights and though it promotes various other things it is still good we appreciate the effort and initiative.

I hope I have been able to bring the thread back on track.

She obviusly did misunderstood the question, thats what the joke is about. You do realize this is a scene from a movie right?

And going back to the topic itself, beauty paegents are a joke as well