Register Now
DC

If there were no video games

7 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I wanna draw too!!! What kind of motivation would get you drawing cars again? 

I only took on that art of drawing when I was still a kid. I should be around 7 years then when I started drawing just about anything. I drew all of our currency bills. But as I got older, I lost interest in drawing. 

I'm a poet too but it's been a while since I had penned down any poem. The inspiration isn't there anymore but I hope to get it back one day. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm a poet too but it's been a while since I had penned down any poem. The inspiration isn't there anymore but I hope to get it back one day. 

Something I've learned as an amateur author, is that if you don't have the itch to continue writing, you won't be able to write anything good. You have to be in the moment to be able to write. I've written a hell of a lot of unconventional poetry over the years, but I can't sit down and try to force myself to write.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Something I've learned as an amateur author, is that if you don't have the itch to continue writing, you won't be able to write anything good. You have to be in the moment to be able to write. I've written a hell of a lot of unconventional poetry over the years, but I can't sit down and try to force myself to write.

Yeah I didn't think about being creative like writing. But I could totally see people taking up the arts, literature and more with video games not being a thing. That makes sense. It would probably make books more popular these days.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

That's exactly the point. I have tried forcing myself to get right back in it but when I sit down to review what I have done, I won't feel the vibe in it. It would be as it doesn't have a life in it. I tried to compare my old works with the new forced one's and there's a big difference. 

22 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That's exactly the point. I have tried forcing myself to get right back in it but when I sit down to review what I have done, I won't feel the vibe in it. It would be as it doesn't have a life in it. I tried to compare my old works with the new forced one's and there's a big difference. 

Can I say I am an "in the moment kind of person", I write as well but only when I have that warm feel I get inside my chest anytime a new inspiration pops in or I just got the right mood for it. I don't force myself to write because I  do it basically for fun.

21 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I wanna draw too!!! What kind of motivation would get you drawing cars again? 

I honestly don't know.  If car photos magically fell off the face of the Earth that would be a tragedy and would make we want to draw cars again to preserve history.  Sometimes I feel unaccomplished and I want to draw a car, but I still don't do it.  Some times I get the urge to draw a car and I will do it.  In that case it will usually either be a sports car I came up with myself or an old GM car.  If I'm at my desk and the inspiration comes I'll draw.

19 hours ago, Clasher said:

I read a lot even though I still play videogames, reading is just an habit I can't do away with .

Have you read Rush in the '70's?  It's such an awesome read.  It talks about the members of Rush and their triumphs and tragedies on the way to stardom.  I really like Rush, so I think it's a great read.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Can I say I am an "in the moment kind of person", I write as well but only when I have that warm feel I get inside my chest anytime a new inspiration pops in or I just got the right mood for it. I don't force myself to write because I  do it basically for fun.

I get that about not trying to force yourself to write but you know that feeling when you know that you are good at something but you are seeing it now breaking away from you; so the forcing is just trying to see if you can reignite it back but in the end, it doesn’t give a good result in output as required. 

Just think what my simple life would have turn into. Maybe I be a famous actor 😛 

Then again I.C.T would of not stopped me in regards to that, even if gaming was not a thing. But then again people play games on there PC, so if gaming was not around, PC would not be as they are today. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

I get that about not trying to force yourself to write but you know that feeling when you know that you are good at something but you are seeing it now breaking away from you; so the forcing is just trying to see if you can reignite it back but in the end, it doesn’t give a good result in output as required. 

That happens sometimes and this could happen when you haven't done that thing in a long time  or take a really long break from it, it would take some extra effort for you to become as good as you were and start doing those things effortlessly again.

6 hours ago, Empire said:

Just think what my simple life would have turn into. Maybe I be a famous actor 😛 

Then again I.C.T would of not stopped me in regards to that, even if gaming was not a thing. But then again people play games on there PC, so if gaming was not around, PC would not be as they are today. 

Gaming is part of the fun feature around PC, anyone who is a gamer will always fancy the gaming PCs, I never gotten a PC, because I need quality which is the gaming option.