Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever think we'll get a 10/10 Sonic game?

Have any Sonic games reached a 10/10 score? I feel like the first few could have received 10/10s, or 5/5 scores from some publications. But that's the past, and as of late the series hasn't really been doing so hot. Yeah we got Generations which I thought was decent. And we got Frontiers coming, which people are kinda split on. 

I personally don't think Sega is capable of making a high quality Sonic game these days. At least not one that would be considered 10/10 masterpiece material. Do you think we'll ever see a future where a Sonic game gets near perfect ratings? I'm not asking for a 10/10 or a 9/10. Hell, give me a 7/10 at the least. 

I believe there is always room for improvement I know not many sonic games really get good ratings but that didn't even deter me from playing it at all. I feel with what is going on around the gaming industry cool software are been developed daily and I know sonic games would pick up the trends and give out games that would deserve a 10/10.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I believe there is always room for improvement I know not many sonic games really get good ratings but that didn't even deter me from playing it at all. I feel with what is going on around the gaming industry cool software are been developed daily and I know sonic games would pick up the trends and give out games that would deserve a 10/10.

More power to ya if you're a fan of the series. I know there is a devoted following for Sonic. 

Did you enjoy playing the likes of Sonic 06? I remember watching lets plays of it and it looked like a chore to play. And then some of the more recent games have been duds too. How do you, as a fan accept the poor quality games that they have been releasing? It's mainly why I don't purchase any newer Sonic games until I see reviews. 

7 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

More power to ya if you're a fan of the series. I know there is a devoted following for Sonic. 

Did you enjoy playing the likes of Sonic 06? I remember watching lets plays of it and it looked like a chore to play. And then some of the more recent games have been duds too. How do you, as a fan accept the poor quality games that they have been releasing? It's mainly why I don't purchase any newer Sonic games until I see reviews. 

I enjoyed sonic boom: fire and ice though many people felt it was wack. 

Sega tried with sonic generation which was released when the company celebrated the characters 20th birthday.

At this point I just play sonic because I don't let go easily and wouldn't want to give up on sega's sonic games.

A sonic fan like me gave me a good review about sonic frontiers haven't purchased it yet because I have a few games still pending I need to complete but I would purchase it immediately i get enough time to play.

4 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I enjoyed sonic boom: fire and ice though many people felt it was wack. 

Sega tried with sonic generation which was released when the company celebrated the characters 20th birthday.

At this point I just play sonic because I don't let go easily and wouldn't want to give up on sega's sonic games.

A sonic fan like me gave me a good review about sonic frontiers haven't purchased it yet because I have a few games still pending I need to complete but I would purchase it immediately i get enough time to play.

I just remember seeing clips of it where it looks really glitchy at times, and people found ways to get past levels easier by spamming jump and start or something. But from what I did see, it was way better than Sonic 06. Than again, I think every Sonic game is better than Sonic 06. 😄 

Sonic Generations was pretty dope. It had a mix of new gameplay and old, and it actually felt good to play. But there was this one mission where you had to match music notes with some character I am forgetting, and it was so frustrating I haven't picked up the game since. But I still liked the stuff I was able to play before I gave up on it lol. 

Sonic Frontiers is not out yet, but it is expected to drop sometime this year. I'm going to guess probably near Nov/Dec or so to capitalize on the holiday season. 

Depends on who's giving the 10/10 more than anything. Every Sonic game ever made has received a 10/10 from someone. But from major publications it's doubtful. However good, innovative or simply faithful to the core of the design, it's my belief that there'll never be a Sonic game rated highly by gaming magazines. Sonic is as good as it'll get, and no amount of ports, HD re-releases, modern sequels or spin-offs is going to change that. The novelty is long over, and at this point I have to wonder if people only play newer Sonic titles because of the name value. If the upcoming game wasn't Sonic but instead Squimble: Frontiers nobody would bat an eyelid because it looks like incoherent cack found only on the depths of the Playstation Store and Steam Greenlight.

At this point Sonic has the same problem as Guitar Hero. It's tired and it needs a break. At this point Bubsy games get more fanfare and the memes are ironic; the dread of whether this will be one of 'The Bad Ones' is very real (unlike the article, which I hope was obvious).

Given time, Frontiers may be seen as a well-meaning if poorly executed Sonic game that is untrue to the formula that works. Until long after release, it's not going to be a 10/10 in anyone's books. And I may be wrong, but I've been long dead on the hill that Fortnite wouldn't be successful with a Battle Royale mode.

I wouldn't see any video game reaching the highest rating anytime soon, not even sonic. Even if sonic are exceptional with their own games, achieving such landmark wouldn't be possible since gamers expectations are just high, which is ridiculous at times. 

From individual ratings, there's always a possibility that 10/10 rating would be given but the tough part would be getting it from a renowned publication. It's the most difficult part in getting such a rating. 

Sonic Adventure, I absolutely love the vibe and settings. I love it more than SA2, it’s probably my favorite Sonic game just for how much I love the feel of it, but if the gameplay had some polish and Sonic controlled more like how he did in SA2 I would probably replay it all the time.

I don't know about you guys but the exellent Sonic mania plus released in 2018 is probably the closest 10/10 sonic game you're going to get i don't know why it's never being brought up in a sonic thread maybe people forgot about it or just diden't care at the time. Go play it, it's the best sonic game since the megadrive/genesis days.

Personally i find a lot of sonic games better then most people make them out to be, sonic generations is an exellent entry in the series and i've enjoyed my time with it. Sonic lost worlds on the wii u is also a decent entry in the series but sadly it's stuck on a console nobody owned or played, sonic boom i don't know what to think it's mediocre at best. Sonic colours on the wii was also exellent imo, the ds version is even better so that is the one to get. I know sonic 06 and unleashed are terrible games and righly deserve to be slammed on. For every good sonic game you get 3 mediocre to bad games, people including myself just have lost faith in the sonic franchise over the years.

As mentioned in this thread before me, who in the year 2022 is waiting on a new sonic game? From the comments i've seen so far at various gaming news site surely not a whole lot of people. To me sonic was always about running as fast as possible from point a to point b, i don't know man the platform ( that isen't from nintendo )genre may sort of making a comeback these days but i doubt sonic frontiers is probably going to be remembered as a game that helped reviving it. It's like nobody at sega has a clue what to do with the sonic franchise, my advice go back to the drawing board with sonic frontiers and turn it into a full open world rpg instead of a platformer or whatever it is now, mario can get away with several rpg's, why not sonic.

Nope - it will not as long as Sega owns it and that's because they have consistently mishandled the franchise since the first set of Sonic games. They constantly make all kinds of weird Sonic games such as Sonic the fighters and Sonic and the Black Knight.