Register Now
Kane99

Suggestions for child friendly multiplayer games

My nephew will be receiving his first ever gaming PC tomorrow, and I am tasked with hooking it up for him, and getting it all set up. With that being said, could you guys suggest some child friendly multiplayer games that we could play together? I already got him on Fortnite, and I know he might try to get me into roblox, but I don't know if I'm willing to play that haha. I mainly want something that's fun even for me. He just turned 12, so he can handle some tougher games, but I don't want anything that's too dark, violent, etc. 

Animal Crossing and/or Stardew Valley on Switch. Online functionality in Stardew might be better on PC?

Animal crossing is great for players of all ages/genders. You can make what you want of your island, friends can come visit, hang out, etc. It’s not as “videogamey” as something like Minecraft, but still fun and relaxing.

On 6/30/2022 at 3:29 AM, Justin11 said:

Minecraft, Rocket-league, are few options I could spot that is not limited to children. It is suitable for both adults and children for multiplayer games online or offline. 

Minecraft is a good option, but I've been kinda played out on it over the past few years. 

On 6/30/2022 at 6:55 AM, Empire said:

Animal Crossing and/or Stardew Valley on Switch. Online functionality in Stardew might be better on PC?

Animal crossing is great for players of all ages/genders. You can make what you want of your island, friends can come visit, hang out, etc. It’s not as “videogamey” as something like Minecraft, but still fun and relaxing.

Well I'm thinking more towards PC. I don't think Animal Crossing has a PC port. But I will keep Stardew Valley in mind. I don't think it has multiplayer options though. But the guy who made the game I guess is making a similar game with multiplayer. 

On 6/30/2022 at 1:08 PM, killamch89 said:

Rocket League is definitely my pick and that because it's easy to get into. Just learn the controls and do a bit of practice and you're basically set.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have played rocket league with my nephew before, so I'll add it to the list of games we can now play together on PC. 

I normally play Mario games or Harry Potter games.  I know Mario is something exclusive to Nintendo so you'll more than likely won't be able to get anything like that for a PC.  You might try some of the Harry Potter games though if this kid is a Harry Potter fan.

39 minutes ago, JennyorAlice said:

I normally play Mario games or Harry Potter games.  I know Mario is something exclusive to Nintendo so you'll more than likely won't be able to get anything like that for a PC.  You might try some of the Harry Potter games though if this kid is a Harry Potter fan.

I'm not too big into the Harry Potter universe of things. I know they're making an MMO Harry Potter game, or they already did and it's coming out soon, so maybe that could be something my nephew and I try out. I don't know if I'd stick with it too long, I can't imagine myself playing it too long. Thank you for the suggestion though. 🙂 

One of these days I'll get a switch so I can game on that with my nephew as well. 

Edited by Kane99

I'd say lego games are pretty fun to play together with a kid but i doubt a 12 year old wants to be called a kid anymore and at that age they may have outgrown lego games in general.

You can always try out pretty much any beat em up something like streets of rage 4 or the last month released Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, haven't played that myself yet as i'm holding off on the physical release but i heard it's pretty good and can't think of a soul who doesen't like the Tmnt.

Terraria is supposed to be good into multiplayer aswell.

There are so many of them that I can remember being good for my cousin and know you might have played some of them as well. 

1. Team Sonic Racing 

2. Animal Crossing : New Horizons 

3. Rocket League 

4. Terraria

5. Lego Worlds 

Thanks for the suggestions guys. My nephew has been getting me to play team fortress 2. I am not that much of a fan though, so I don't play for too long. 

Any other suggestions, maybe something on Xbox game pass for PC? 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. My nephew has been getting me to play team fortress 2. I am not that much of a fan though, so I don't play for too long. 

Any other suggestions, maybe something on Xbox game pass for PC? 

I came across this article Here on Xbox games pass, maybe you could look into them and see the one's that are going to be interested in. Mortal Kombat 11 is one of my favorite on the list. 

On 7/19/2022 at 9:45 AM, Heatman said:

I came across this article Here on Xbox games pass, maybe you could look into them and see the one's that are going to be interested in. Mortal Kombat 11 is one of my favorite on the list. 

Thanks! I'll check it out. I have Gamepass and there's a lot to choose from. Just need to get my nephew to also get gamepass so we can game together. idk about Mortal Kombat 11, not too big into fighting games and I don't think my nephew would care to play it that much anyway. But, maybe, I'll ask him and see if he'd like to play it for a while. 

54 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Thanks! I'll check it out. I have Gamepass and there's a lot to choose from. Just need to get my nephew to also get gamepass so we can game together. idk about Mortal Kombat 11, not too big into fighting games and I don't think my nephew would care to play it that much anyway. But, maybe, I'll ask him and see if he'd like to play it for a while. 

It doesn't have to be the one that I fancy much, and since there are so many games to choose from, I'm very sure that you would be able to pick out something your nephew would also enjoy as well when he eventually gets his own gamepass.