Register Now
Kane99

Skate is officially coming back!

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's most likely going to be the last thing EA would be open to doing from the way I see them with their game policies. In fact, I believe that if it's possible for them to make all their games to be on yearly releases, they would do that without any care or consideration. 

idk, I feel like stuff like Apex Legends does well even with EA being their publisher. The team behind Apex Legends seem to not be hated, and I don't usually hear much hate about Apex Legends. So there is hope for a live service game under EA, it just needs to be controlled by the developers and not EA. Because if EA forces their control onto it, it will become a waste. But I think the devs behind this game are being given the freedom to make the game they want, and I hope it works out to the fans benefit. 

I haven't heard anything about this video game since i last made an input on this thread, is skate 4 out yet?

I don't think a release date was announced and I only saw a report about it in july.

What is the current status of this game?

On 8/12/2022 at 9:46 PM, Clasher said:

I haven't heard anything about this video game since i last made an input on this thread, is skate 4 out yet?

I don't think a release date was announced and I only saw a report about it in july.

What is the current status of this game?

There's still no current specific date for the release of Skate 4. It's still been under the same speculation of being released either in 2023 or even 2024. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

There's still no current specific date for the release of Skate 4. It's still been under the same speculation of being released either in 2023 or even 2024. 

Okay, i had a little search about it and I didn't get any specific date that's why I had to bring it back here to Know if anyone has gotten any tangible info about it's release date.

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

Okay, i had a little search about it and I didn't get any specific date that's why I had to bring it back here to Know if anyone has gotten any tangible info about it's release date.

I'm very sure that once they have picked and scheduled a release date for the game, they are going to even release a new trailer for the game's release date announcement just like the way Santa Monica Studios did for God of War Ragnarok. 

Has anyone here signed up to the playtest they have going on for Skate? I'm tempted to check it out, but I think they require that you test a bunch of things in game in order to stay in the playtest. You can sign up to the playtest below. If anyone has signed up, is it worth it? 

https://www.ea.com/games/skate/insider-playtest-registration

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Has anyone here signed up to the playtest they have going on for Skate? I'm tempted to check it out, but I think they require that you test a bunch of things in game in order to stay in the playtest. You can sign up to the playtest below. If anyone has signed up, is it worth it? 

I saw that information somewhere but I didn't consider registering for it because I wouldn't have the time to sit and test games, I haven't been able to play video games for an hour straight in the last couple of days.

Have you signed up for it already ?

On 8/17/2022 at 12:24 AM, Kane99 said:

I'm going to be signing up for the playtest at least by the end of the week. If it's something that's really worth it, I'd encourage others to do the same as well. But I'm sure that from the looks of it, there's no harm in trying it out. 

On 8/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, Heatman said:

I'm going to be signing up for the playtest at least by the end of the week. If it's something that's really worth it, I'd encourage others to do the same as well. But I'm sure that from the looks of it, there's no harm in trying it out. 

I'm thinking about doing the same, but I don't really want to provide feedback to EA about the game. I just want to play and see what they have going on so far. But maybe if I'm enjoying it, I'll provide some feedback. 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm thinking about doing the same, but I don't really want to provide feedback to EA about the game. I just want to play and see what they have going on so far. But maybe if I'm enjoying it, I'll provide some feedback. 

I understand that feel very well because EA have been very notorious when it comes to not doing anything with the feedback given by gamers. Why the stress in keep giving a feedback that's always been ignored? 

I wish I could slap EA in the face seriously!! 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

I understand that feel very well because EA have been very notorious when it comes to not doing anything with the feedback given by gamers. Why the stress in keep giving a feedback that's always been ignored? 

I wish I could slap EA in the face seriously!! 

The purpose of the open playtest is that EA and the devs want gamers to test the game essentially and give their suggestions, bugs, etc. 

And I have no clue. EA has to know how people feel about them. I know they addressed it one time, and asked if they are really that bad. So idk, maybe they don't see themselves as being bad, even with the constant complaints from gamers. 

And many people want to slap EA in the face lol. I'm right there with ya. 

On 8/2/2022 at 4:19 AM, Kane99 said:

I feel like EA may be starting to let their devs do their thing. I at least hope that's the case. If EA actually allowed their devs to do their own thing, and take as much time as needed to finish a game, then I don't think EA would be this hated. 

I hope this is the case because EA used to publish some really good games and if they could re-drop skate this day and age it would be absolutely amazing.

Was one of the best games back in the day.

EOS

17 hours ago, Empire Of Sight said:

I hope this is the case because EA used to publish some really good games and if they could re-drop skate this day and age it would be absolutely amazing.

Was one of the best games back in the day.

EOS

They still publish great games, it's just that they also don't always do the right things. Their track record is that they don't listen to fans all that much. They sometimes release good games, like It Takes Two for example. They work with other development studios. As long as they let their studios make the games they want to make, EA will gain some respect. But it's the constant bad decisions they make, like with Dice and Battlefield for example. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

They still publish great games, it's just that they also don't always do the right things. Their track record is that they don't listen to fans all that much. They sometimes release good games, like It Takes Two for example. They work with other development studios. As long as they let their studios make the games they want to make, EA will gain some respect. But it's the constant bad decisions they make, like with Dice and Battlefield for example. 

I always thought Battlefield was a good game but I haven't played it in years. Never heard of Takes Two though but after reviewing it looks great for couples play with someone you are in a relationship with. Speaking of failed games , I really didn't enjoy the mario/bowser series on the swift.. It just seemed rushed and not too enjoyable.

Lets pray for Skate though it might entice a few people to return to that type of game.