Register Now
Kane99

Skate is officially coming back!

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

They still publish great games, it's just that they also don't always do the right things. Their track record is that they don't listen to fans all that much. They sometimes release good games, like It Takes Two for example. They work with other development studios. As long as they let their studios make the games they want to make, EA will gain some respect. But it's the constant bad decisions they make, like with Dice and Battlefield for example. 

well, I'd agree with that EA, should let the dev teams under them per project, have (mostly) free rein, otherwise when they inject cash grabs as the front and center.... 🎯 well...

we all know where this is going. 😅

On 8/22/2022 at 3:07 AM, Heatman said:

I understand that feel very well because EA have been very notorious when it comes to not doing anything with the feedback given by gamers. Why the stress in keep giving a feedback that's always been ignored? 

I wish I could slap EA in the face seriously!! 

This, I have honestly no idea what goes on in these "gaming" corporate politics. 😅

Makes me wonder whether open-source games are viable as an alternative for the future of gaming projects.

Although that has its downsides too. 🤔

8 hours ago, Gonassis said:

well, I'd agree with that EA, should let the dev teams under them per project, have (mostly) free rein, otherwise when they inject cash grabs as the front and center.... 🎯 well...

we all know where this is going. 😅

I think that's key. If EA just let their developers make games the way they want to make them, and it's not about getting in microtransactions or putting in dumb gimmicks to make extra money, I think they would receive much less hate than what they do nowadays. But they do let some developers work on their games. 

On 8/22/2022 at 1:01 AM, Kane99 said:

The purpose of the open playtest is that EA and the devs want gamers to test the game essentially and give their suggestions, bugs, etc. 

And I have no clue. EA has to know how people feel about them. I know they addressed it one time, and asked if they are really that bad. So idk, maybe they don't see themselves as being bad, even with the constant complaints from gamers. 

And many people want to slap EA in the face lol. I'm right there with ya. 

It's why whenever they come out with that act like they care about the shit they have been dumping on gamers for years, I'd be like look at these idiots!! What do they take me/us for? Anyways, I don't really blame them but ourselves because in the end, we still spur them into repeating that over and over again by patronising them. 

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Has anyone signed up for the playtest @Kane99 mentioned earlier.

@Heatman you said something about signing up for it recently, did you pull through with that.

I am interested in knowing how the playtest is going currently though, if it has even started yet.

Not yet, I was just looking at it a few minutes ago, and was thinking about signing up, but I don't know if I want to. You need to provide feedback of course, and I don't know if I want to do that. 

As well, since it's a closed invite, you can't share any details about the game. 

Have you signed up @Clasher

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

When I found out the game was Live Service - nope. I'm not going anywhere near it and it's EA. You know it'll be full of microtransactions to the core effectively ruining the whole experience.

If EA can take slow with their use of microtransactions in the game would you be interested in playing it? I know that's going to be very hard for them to but we can't stop being hopeful..right? 

I signed up just the other day, figured I'd give it a go and see if I'm accepted in. Hated having to go in and sign in with an EA account and do all that. But once done it was pretty easy to sign up. Now I just need to play the waiting game and hope they select me. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

When I found out the game was Live Service - nope. I'm not going anywhere near it and it's EA. You know it'll be full of microtransactions to the core effectively ruining the whole experience.

That's fair. The thing with live service though, is that if done right , you don't have to worry about buying stuff to be able to play. I hope that's the case with Skate, because I'd hate for it to be fueled by microtransactions. I hope with it being a live service game, that they also add free locations and modes/missions, etc. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I signed up just the other day, figured I'd give it a go and see if I'm accepted in. Hated having to go in and sign in with an EA account and do all that. But once done it was pretty easy to sign up. Now I just need to play the waiting game and hope they select me. 

That's fair. The thing with live service though, is that if done right , you don't have to worry about buying stuff to be able to play. I hope that's the case with Skate, because I'd hate for it to be fueled by microtransactions. I hope with it being a live service game, that they also add free locations and modes/missions, etc. 

No true gamer likes the microtransactions nonsense. It's a great deterrence for many gamers because it takes away the fun of playing the games which only turns it into pay to win. I personally would like to entangled with such BS!! 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The thing I keep bringing up in this argument is that it's EA we're dealing with here. They always go overboard when it comes to microtransactions - they don't know the art of subtlety when it comes to trying to rip off their consumers. Outside of the recently released Jedi Fallen Order and maybe squadrons, almost every other game they have is pretty much filled with micro transactions.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The thing I keep bringing up in this argument is that it's EA we're dealing with here. They always go overboard when it comes to microtransactions - they don't know the art of subtlety when it comes to trying to rip off their consumers. Outside of the recently released Jedi Fallen Order and maybe squadrons, almost every other game they have is pretty much filled with micro transactions.

A friend of mine said that microtransactions is like a signature move for EA when it comes to their games. They can't leave it out for any reason whatsoever. They would rather dump it so hard in their games than not do it at all. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

No true gamer likes the microtransactions nonsense. It's a great deterrence for many gamers because it takes away the fun of playing the games which only turns it into pay to win. I personally would like to entangled with such BS!! 

I wouldn't say that. Some microtransactions are fine, as long as they're not a requirement to play the game. When it requires you to buy stuff to get ahead, that's when I can't stand microtransactions. 

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Microtransactions aren't the problem, it's when they make it pay to win, or include lootboxes where you get nothing but junk. But if it's just cosmetic items and such, I see no issue with that. If it's like what Epic does with Fortnite, I see no issue with that. If it's where I can play Skate for free and I don't need to buy anything else, than I am for it. But if it gets to a point where you can't go further until you pay for something, then I could see the point. 

And yeah EA is usually the bad guy, but they have allowed their studios to do their own thing from time to time. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say that. Some microtransactions are fine, as long as they're not a requirement to play the game. When it requires you to buy stuff to get ahead, that's when I can't stand microtransactions. 

Yeah!!! It's actually the nonsense part of them microtransactions that I was referring to because in most cases, they are very predatory with the way they use those microtransactions in the games. 

50 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah!!! It's actually the nonsense part of them microtransactions that I was referring to because in most cases, they are very predatory with the way they use those microtransactions in the games. 

Just watch EA completely screw up this game with their aggressive microtransactions.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Just watch EA completely screw up this game with their aggressive microtransactions.

Well, it's their loss anyways and also the loss of their so called die hard delusional fans that always take their trash hook, line and sinker.