Register Now
DC

You have recently changed your mind on

Rats, ever since i read @The Blackangel story as why she liked rats so much it moved me, that I started seeing rats completly different instead of vermin/pests what they are usually called.  thanks to or blame it on her whatever you want, i now look at what Rats can be good for and there is quite a few positive things, i started by removing all the traps in my garden a few weeks ago and leave them be. 

Edited by Yaramaki

You know another thing i changed my mind on recently is something gaming related as i never overly cared too much for the free to play model because it diden't concern me in the slightest and why should i be bothered about something i could care less about but that was before i have to sort off be a "father" figure for a 10 year old boy who is addicted to fortnite. It's due to @Shagger, @Crazycrab and @kingpotato exellent arguments i started caring and looking more and more into the whole free to play model and must say it's worse then the devil, especially for children who are vunerable for these type of practices, anyway everithing is already explained in detail and all there is to say has been said in this thread  so no need to bring it up here. 

Edited by Yaramaki

Aliens, I mean obviusly there are other life forms in this universe besides earth, but I was always skeptical when it comes to "third kind encounters" for example last week some people saw some lights on the sky during late hours in the night, so everybody was about it, But this happened on a beach near SanDiego and around that same area there are some US military and Navy bases and also a spaceX station so they are usually doing some type of exercise or rocket experiments, so basically there is a possible logical explanation about it. So back to my point, I was arguing with my wife about this because she is a firm believer that aliens walk among us,  so we started to watch some youtube documentaries about the Drake equation (The Drake Equation is used to estimate the number of communicating civilizations in our galaxy, or more simply put, the odds of finding intelligent life in the Milky Way.) what made me change my mind is that they mentioned the Dark Forest theory, according to the Drake equation there should be about 20 civilizations in our cosmic neighborhood, according to the Dark Forest theory the universe is a huge dark forest filled with "hunters"( in this context inteligent civilizations)and they already know the existence of one another. They are both advanced enough to destroy the other, The hunter has to be careful, because everywhere in the forest are stealthy hunters like him. If he finds another life form chances are they will try to eliminate each other. Basically we already know the existance of other life forms but we dont contact them and they dont contact us because we may end up destroying each other. Sorry for the long post...

I actually dont like seeing people beg on the streets and I do see them as lazy but in the past few months when I was opportuned to be part of a team that was tasked with performing a social experiment on the relative causes of poverty, I begin to realise that not all who go out on the streets are lazy but life happened to some of them and they resorted to begging to survive. 

I did find out that some are lazy and not even willing to work but for the good few who are in that mess because of some unfortunate circumstances I have changed my perception about beggars and street begging in general.

On 7/4/2022 at 12:28 PM, Clasher said:

I actually dont like seeing people beg on the streets and I do see them as lazy but in the past few months when I was opportuned to be part of a team that was tasked with performing a social experiment on the relative causes of poverty, I begin to realise that not all who go out on the streets are lazy but life happened to some of them and they resorted to begging to survive. 

I did find out that some are lazy and not even willing to work but for the good few who are in that mess because of some unfortunate circumstances I have changed my perception about beggars and street begging in general.

I lived on the street for 3 years. I never resorted to begging, but I didn't reject offers either. It's true, there are many who want to stay on the street. I myself have thoughts of going back. It's what felt, and still feels natural. I just don't want to end up in another shooting gallery.

On 7/4/2022 at 12:19 PM, kingpotato said:

last week some people saw some lights on the sky during late hours in the night, so everybody was about it

That's usually satellites that they are seeing. When the light hits them they are often brighter than the stars. It could also be the ISS as it makes multiple passes around the earth daily. It's not locked to one place, it flies around the earth at about 5,000 mph.

29 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I lived on the street for 3 years. I never resorted to begging, but I didn't reject offers either. It's true, there are many who want to stay on the street. I myself have thoughts of going back. It's what felt, and still feels natural. I just don't want to end up in another shooting gallery.

Even though I don't know the reasons why you had to live on the streets but I am quite sure you had some good reasons and staying on the streets was your last resort.

But now that you've gotten yourself together I don't see any reason why you should want to go out and live on the Streets with the harshness of the weather, the unhygienic environment you could be exposed to and even the violence and abuse most people staying on the streets face.

Please , just take away that thought whatever the reason for them might be.

I keep changing my mind if I want new pets or not. My animals are aging and I honestly don't think it's safe to be a pet owner in my country when it is so hostile and in a state of uncertainty. Something we never think about is what if your country falls into war or invaded, or imprisoned for speaking aloud. What happens to your pets? People in Ukraine had to leave their pets behind to get on buses. With all the uncertainty, I don't want to have to face leaving loved ones behind. 

35 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I keep changing my mind if I want new pets or not. My animals are aging and I honestly don't think it's safe to be a pet owner in my country when it is so hostile and in a state of uncertainty. Something we never think about is what if your country falls into war or invaded, or imprisoned for speaking aloud. What happens to your pets? People in Ukraine had to leave their pets behind to get on buses. With all the uncertainty, I don't want to have to face leaving loved ones behind. 

Personally, I would die before I abandoned my babies. They're just as much family as a human could be. In some cases more so than that. I cut my biological human links out for reasons I'm not going to get into at the moment. But I would never leave my Lady behind. She is my heart and soul.

Lady39.JPG

Lady1.JPG

I changed my mind on trying to buy an EVO X. I've always wanted one and could have gotten one for a reasonable price but between the maintenance cost of gas, oil and servicing this vehicle, My Lexus is far cheaper to maintain and with the exorbitant gas prices nowadays, I'd much rather keep my Lexus.

I have decided to go off social media for a month, I am just a bit fed up by the noise, pressure and toxicity that is always displayed there, I want to be in a more productive community not just a place to throw rants.