Register Now
DC

Seen as polite in your country, but...

"How far" is a phrase we use to ask about a person's well being be it old or young, your close buddies or not. In some regions many might feel it doesn't show any regard or respect but over here everyone is cool with it.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

Tipping is definitely one. Here it's customary to leave a tip when you're out eating, at a bar, or getting a pizza delivered. But in other places (UK being one if I remember right) it's often seen as rude.

Tipping isn't isn't considered rude, but it's definitely more optional.  It's nice if you do but you wouldn't be considered a dick if you didn't.

Using homophobic slurs as jokes or to greet a friend. This is very common, like you will hear it everywhere, from people joking around or people refering to someone. Hell there is even a nationwide gay slur that we use on international Soccer matches, its become such an international outrage that FIFA threatened to kick us out of the world cup if we didnt stop using it. 

On 7/5/2022 at 8:55 AM, kingpotato said:

Using homophobic slurs as jokes or to greet a friend. This is very common, like you will hear it everywhere, from people joking around or people refering to someone. Hell there is even a nationwide gay slur that we use on international Soccer matches, its become such an international outrage that FIFA threatened to kick us out of the world cup if we didnt stop using it. 

Calling Chelsea Fans Rent Boys is apparently a homophobic slur in the UK. I'm curious as to why all of a sudden this is a homophobic issue when they've been called that for almost two decades.

They paid for the stadium, so, it's their money which they offered Fulham to keep using the 'Stamford Bridge. If Fulham never loved such patronage from Chelsea, they wouldn't have accepted Chelsea to have the stadium on interim basis. Say No To Homophobia, and any sort of abuse, lol. 

It's actually polite in my country to accept to eat food offered to you at a friend's place or in an occasion, it shows you are actually in good terms with the people and sharing food with them strengthens bond.

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

It's actually polite in my country to accept to eat food offered to you at a friend's place or in an occasion, it shows you are actually in good terms with the people and sharing food with them strengthens bond.

Do you remember that, when you eat too much in your friends place, you'll downgrade yourself. Because, you never know the one who will say, 'you don't even say thank you for once. I don't eat from my friend's place, I love staying cool, and not facing such speech from him. 

Not all friends does that, but I've witnessed such scenario often with others who love eating with their friends all the time. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

They paid for the stadium, so, it's their money which they offered Fulham to keep using the 'Stamford Bridge. If Fulham never loved such patronage from Chelsea, they wouldn't have accepted Chelsea to have the stadium on interim basis. Say No To Homophobia, and any sort of abuse, lol. 

The point is that the origin wasn't homophobic to begin with so why are they making it into something it isn't.

Just now, killamch89 said:

The point is that the origin wasn't homophobic to begin with so why are they making it into something it isn't.

Hmm, I can't explain, but we have to accept the fact that, it has gathered lots of momentum that Chelsea is living on a rent, and it has turned to the state of mockery, dislikes, prejudice too. And that's signs of homophobic acts

4 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Hmm, I can't explain, but we have to accept the fact that, it has gathered lots of momentum that Chelsea is living on a rent, and it has turned to the state of mockery, dislikes, prejudice too. And that's signs of homophobic acts

Not really, mockery and dislikes is different. Homophobia is different and I wouldn't support that - the rent boy thing was always harmless banter until for whatever reason in the UK, they decided to make it a homophobic slur. Couldn't they use something else? lol

On 7/15/2022 at 7:05 PM, killamch89 said:

Calling Chelsea Fans Rent Boys is apparently a homophobic slur in the UK. I'm curious as to why all of a sudden this is a homophobic issue when they've been called that for almost two decades.

30 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

In the UK, a "rent boy" is a male prostitute. Rent boys go back as far as prostitution itself, but the term was more widely use back in the 70's an 80's as an insult, largely against the gay community. The thought occurs that it was not Chelsea's own fans or Chelsea's own board who referred to themselves like that. The further thought occurs that is was, in fact, fans of a rival club that decided to start that up. So it is a slur and the origin is homophobic. You really haven't got a clue, have you?

Edited by Shagger

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

In the UK, a "rent boy" is a male prostitute. The term was more widely use back in the 70's an 80's. The thought occurs that it was not Chelsea's own fans or Chelsea's own board who referred to themselves like that. The further thought occurs that is was, in fact, fans of a rival club that decided to start that up. So it is a slur and the origin is homophobic. You haven't haven't got a clue, have you?

Of course not genius - You're just looking for an argument aren't you? I've been to London several times and even been to Premier League matches with Chelsea involved and their fans never said anything about it when rival fans were chanting it so I wouldn't have known that. It's just kind of weird that everyone just got up one day and remembered that.