Register Now
DC

Do you watch gameplay on YouTube?

If you turn your notification ON, to those you subscribed to, you should see their new update hit your notification bar no doubt. I see lots of them hitting my phone's notification, at times it's annoying but I keep my favourite channels ON both the gaming ones. 

On 7/1/2022 at 9:48 AM, DC said:

Do you watch gameplay make by other people on YouTube? If yes, how often? How much time do you spend on watching it? Who specifically do you follow/subscribe to for gameplay?

Please note this is a not a thread meant for self-promotion. Feel free to complete your own channel and videos here.

Virtually never; only if I need a guide to a video game or a video game's story. Every once in a while uploaded competitive play (that's not LIVE). Stuff with competitive play I usually either figure out myself, or already know the majority or what I need. 

With fighting games, alot of the combos you see on youtube either don't work in a real fight or have been patched out of the game somehow (due to a certain property in the combo being slightly changed). I think it's best just to achievement hunt to learn a game competitively so you can slowly do it from the ground up, but I don't achievement hunt anymore. 

On 9/12/2022 at 9:34 AM, Heatman said:

I stumbled on SpellForce 3 gameplay on YouTube last night. It wasn't that bad but it's kind of entertaining in a way. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiLjRh6_6yQ

The Game play video is actually 10 hours long , I watch the first one hour and I was already getting attuned to what the player was doing i would watch them in parts untill I complete the video.

Yes, I do watch game play videos on YouTube but usually the only time I do this is if I am struggling with a part of a game and would like to see a walkthrough of the area I am struggling with. The last game I used walkthroughs on YouTube for was Destiny 2 and it was to complete quests I had as part of the Witch Queen expansion. Without those walkthroughs I would have been stuck for a while. 

16 hours ago, Shortie said:

Yes, I do watch game play videos on YouTube but usually the only time I do this is if I am struggling with a part of a game and would like to see a walkthrough of the area I am struggling with. The last game I used walkthroughs on YouTube for was Destiny 2 and it was to complete quests I had as part of the Witch Queen expansion. Without those walkthroughs I would have been stuck for a while. 

Sometimes I watch game play videos of a game I might not purchase or I have concluded not to purchase a particular video game but I am still quite interested in it I just watch game play videos instead.