Register Now
DC

Reasons not to upgrade to windows 11?

On 10/11/2022 at 1:14 AM, Max Pall said:

I am using Windows 11 on my office and Windows 10 on my laptop in the home. Truly speaking I don't know what are the differences between Windows 11 and 10. Both I can do the same things. Only I feel some slight design has changed in Windows 11.

There's some drivers for certain software that aren't compatible with Windows 11 and that shouldn't be happening.

I would love to be able to upgrade to Windows 11 but due to my hardware being as old as it is now, it's not something I am able to do on my PC. 

My son bought himself a new PC last September and his PC came with Windows 11 on it, I have used Windows 11 and I do enjoy it but those who have used it quite extensively seem to notice some issues they do not like with it. From what I have used of it, I haven't noticed anything yet. 

On 7/3/2022 at 2:29 PM, Grungie said:

It’s a free upgrade, that is if your computer has TPM 2.0, which isn’t as uncommon as people think.

I know this quote is a year late, but as I was reading the new replies, something stuck out to me.

I don't know what the hell "TPM 2.0" means.

Is it some kind of software?
Is it some kind of hardware?
Is it a rabid wombat?
Is it a pierced anus?

If it's software, what he hell does it do?

WTF IS IT????

Edited by The Blackangel

39 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I know this quote is a year late, but as I was reading the new replies, something stuck out to me.

I don't know what the hell "TPM 2.0" means.

Is it some kind of software?
Is it some kind of hardware?
Is it a rabid wombat?
Is it a pierced anus?

If it's software, what he hell does it do?

WTF IS IT????

An explanation from Microsoft.

At the very basic level, a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is anti-tampering hardware implemented in conjunction and made to work with specific software. It doesn't look like something any normal computer user needs to concern themselves with.

I am using Windows 11. It reminds me a lot of using Windows 7, but a more modern feel to it. Windows 10 took you to a separate "App" homepage, I am not sure why Windows abandoned this on Wins 11 but I've got used to it now. I do wonder when Windows 12 is coming.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:23 PM, Bizdustry said:

I am using Windows 11. It reminds me a lot of using Windows 7, but a more modern feel to it. Windows 10 took you to a separate "App" homepage, I am not sure why Windows abandoned this on Wins 11 but I've got used to it now. I do wonder when Windows 12 is coming.

Not yet at least. They're planning to integrate AI into Windows in the coming years.