Register Now
DC

The first NFT game console has been announced

There so much wrong here that I am not sure where to even start. The one thing I won't do though is talk about Blockchain and NFT games because they are terrible and the only reason to play them is be the fool that thinks you're going to make money doing so, but I want to quickly point out that if this thing is only going to run those types of games then that is a huge problem right off the bat. Still, I'll leave that on the back burner and focus on the console itself.

I think I'll start with the one thing Polium has said the I actually believe, that they only have four people working on this. That's a problem as that just isn't enough people to get the basic interface design elements correct, both in terms of software and hardware, to make it user friendly for a wide verity of people. PlayStation probably employed more people than that to decide the placement of the Disk Eject button on the PS4 Pro, and they still managed to make it awkward for me, so what chance have these not-even-a-handful of idiots got?

Then there's that claim they'll have games running at 8K, 120fps with HDR enabled;

judge-judy.gif.ad097851e46972d7ba42763a364d585e.gif

It makes sense that they make this claim, after all the only people stupid enough to believe that are same people who would buy into this whole NFT, Blockchain game nonsense in the first place. Maybe there is a Blockchain version of Pong out there, and if there is I'll confess they might get that to run at 8K 120 fps with HDR enabled, but suffice to say for anything else I doubt it. At the very the least it's a bullshit claim to make at this point when we know nothing about the hardware of this thing, they haven't even built a prototype yet. It's likely the console won't actually run games itself.  I believe it will be like Stadia and work as a streaming device for games, but if Stadia has proven anything it's that that technology is still too young and not ready yet and it's really not ready for the kind of ambitious numbers Polium are claiming. So whatever way I look at it, they are talking out their ass.

Then there's Polium's attitude. Like so many who run these NFT, Blockchain scams, they come at criticism by claiming that those people don't understand. It even appears Polium has thier own fun little acronym for these doubts, "FUD" (I don't know about the rest of the world, but here is the UK, the term "Fud" is a literal insult, I means "moron" or something to that effect). Yeah nice touch, very dignified and mature. It's actually stands for "Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt", but no Polium.

1. We don't "Fear" this. Even at it's worst this is a scam that won't hurt people with more than half a brain, so why would we fear it?
  2. We're not "Uncertain", on the contrary we  know exactly what we are talking about when we call this shit out for what it is. You wish we were uncertain, then you might actually rope us in.
  3. And we are in no "Doubt" whatsoever. Much like how NFT's and the Metaverse has doing hard over this past year, this console is going to crash and burn. Even if this stupid console did come out, by that time the entire infrastructure it's meant to work with will probably have burned down completely, and that is what people actually want. This was doomed before it even get's started.

The last thing I want to touch is creatively inept this thing is, exposing even further how blatantly shallow NFT's really are. The controller is a rip of off a DualShock, the console itself is tiny, looks generic and could easily be mistaken for a Wi-Fi hub or something. Even Polium's logo itself looks strangely familiar...

medium-dc9dae3e92ee7fbc2ce3117c855eb3a8.png.1c17fefac1f9c535ed6ed4aa23af08c6.png

Ok, Nintendo, this time we'd be totally OK with you suing somebody. To be fair, Polium has already announced they plan to re-design the logo, but even so the point stands. There is no creative soul to this at all and these people do not know what the hell they're doing.

Even with some of the worst products or product concepts I've seen in my life, I have always found something to praise about it, I've found something about it that makes sense, something redeemable. With this though, I have been defeated. No matter how hard I try, I cannot think of anything I like about this thing. I actually feel like a bit of an idiot just for spending so much time putting this post together, the Polium One was not worthy of this from me. It is a terrible idea convinced by terrible people made exclusively for twits who deserve to be conned to buy. Polium are going to realise too late that they are in way over thier head. This is a joke at best, a scam at worst with nothing worthwhile in between.

For the love of god, if you reading this gets the chance, do not support this. Do not buy it, do not take part in any kind of crowdfund if it happens, do not even engage with Polium just to criticize them. Live your life like this thing doesn't exist.

Edited by Shagger

Oh yeah, they're going to get sued for that logo, it's too similar to the GC logo and I don't think Nintendo will let them get away with it. 

Anyway, in regards to the console, I smell a huge failure on the horizon. It looks like a raspberry pi in a custom case. Hell, it probably is for all we know lol. Oh and that claim of 8k graphics and all that, yeah no, that's not happening haha. This is just a kickstarter toy waiting to happen, and once it gets funded by the idiots who think this is the next best thing, we'll hear stories about how it's not coming. Just wait and see, if this thing does magically come out, there's no chance it'll survive for long. Plus with NFT's starting to fail these days, this console will as well. 

I went through the link which admin shared, pollium is set to launch the NFT gaming console fully during Q3 2024 meeting. Many are saying it is scam, I wouldn't say much since it is sounding like a promising stuff. We'll only get to know about the situation surrounding this announcement in the coming weeks. 

The fact it is coming out in 2024 is another indication, and we are just now hearing about it, really makes me think it's going to be fake or a failure. For something like this to succeed, I feel like it needed to be announced sooner, and have a later release date. Because what it makes me think, is that this is just like the Atair VC or whatever it was. It's just going to be a PC in a box and it'll fail. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The fact it is coming out in 2024 is another indication, and we are just now hearing about it, really makes me think it's going to be fake or a failure. For something like this to succeed, I feel like it needed to be announced sooner, and have a later release date. Because what it makes me think, is that this is just like the Atair VC or whatever it was. It's just going to be a PC in a box and it'll fail. 

Yeah, for something that's so new and off what has already been in existence announcing it now feels like it not gonna work out that much and they just want to take an advantage of the fact that people are beginning to invest in NFT.

If the idea is introduced now and the release is announced in 2023 then you know they are actually working on something good but announcing it now and releasing it in 2024 sounds too good to be true.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah, for something that's so new and off what has already been in existence announcing it now feels like it not gonna work out that much and they just want to take an advantage of the fact that people are beginning to invest in NFT.

If the idea is introduced now and the release is announced in 2023 then you know they are actually working on something good but announcing it now and releasing it in 2024 sounds too good to be true.

Well it'd be worse if they announced it now and released it in 2023. A year is not far off, and neither is two years. They either had to have worked on this console for a while already. But, I don't think it's a legit console. I think it's someone who bought a raspberry pi kit, or something like it, and just custom built a case and made an OS or something for it. That's what it looks like to me. I could be wrong, and it could be a good console at release, but I'm going to bet that won't happen. 

35 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Well it'd be worse if they announced it now and released it in 2023. A year is not far off, and neither is two years. They either had to have worked on this console for a while already. But, I don't think it's a legit console. I think it's someone who bought a raspberry pi kit, or something like it, and just custom built a case and made an OS or something for it. That's what it looks like to me. I could be wrong, and it could be a good console at release, but I'm going to bet that won't happen. 

Well, projects like this naturally takes time but this is coming off as too some atleast taking up to three years to finalize this project would give it some sense of authenticity.

I am very much interested in crypto and nft and over the past few years of my involvement with it I know how long it takes to even get a new Crypto currency to be displayed on a trust worthy marketplace let alone an NFT project that a lot of well known investors are not even advocating for.

Sorry @Clasher, but are you deluded? Or are are you trying to sell snake oil or something, because there's something is not right.

5 hours ago, Clasher said:

First off, people are not beginning to invest in NFT's. The whole metaverse, NFT and blockchain sector of investment is collapsing and burring to the ground. Even if this is a legitimate project, and I can promise you it's not, there couldn't be a worse time for it. By the time this gets off the ground, the world of NFT's and crypo will, at best, not be able to support this. Hell, that conman's investment market was never at any point stable enough to make something like this work, even at it's best. NFT's are a flash in the pan and they are going away.

Second, the idea is announced. That's what an announcement is, you announce it exists. Why are you trying to twist the words and twist the facts to talk this up? @Kane99 is 100% correct, Polium claiming this this "console" will be ready as soon as 2024 is a serious red flag. Four people cannot developed a console that fast, it just can't be done. Even companies like Microsoft and Sony can't do that with tens-of-thousands of employees in R&D alone. With all due respect, one would have to be stupid to believe this. You're right about one thing though, 2024 does look too good be true and for a very good reason, it isn't true.

54 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Well, projects like this naturally takes time but this is coming off as too some atleast taking up to three years to finalize this project would give it some sense of authenticity.

I am very much interested in crypto and nft and over the past few years of my involvement with it I know how long it takes to even get a new Crypto currency to be displayed on a trust worthy marketplace let alone an NFT project that a lot of well known investors are not even advocating for.

Now you're just steeling lines straight out of the meeting the conmen at Polium has when they came up with this scam.

"The Metaverse and the value of NFT's is collapsing with prices of NFT's only a fraction of they were only a year ago, so we have to convince these suckers that this console will still be out quick enough to take advantage of this before it collapses completely. However, we can't say the console will come out too fast as nobody except the most stupid of gamers will believe it's possible to do this is such a short time frame. So how does 2-3 years sound? We're obviously not going to actually make the console, we just need to give it some sense of authenticity"

I'll tell you, if I was at that meeting, I still would have said "Nobody will buy that, 3 years is still not enough.", but it looks I was wrong. At least one person in @Clasher actually believes them, so good for them.

Seriously though @Clasher, your admitted interest in crypto and NFT's is not something I would not call good for you, but I wouldn't actually worry about you if you didn't sound so exited about and be ready to twist the facts about and talk something up like this, something that is obviously not going to work. If you can just forget the Polium One's connection with NFT's and crypto and look at it as a device in development and technical exercise, you would see this same way I do. A joke at best and a scam at worst. To me the association with NFT's and crypto only makes this look like more like scam, and that's exactly why I took that out the equation and just looked at it as a project to develop a new console for the market and still came to the same conclusion.

This is a scam doomed to go the way of the Intellivision Amico and Coleco Chameleon, a con console that never happen. Just like with those consoles, the promises in terms of spec's, the claims on the staffing, how it will be funded, the route map, the way the console looks, the logo, the absolute lack of information on how and what games we can expect, no confirmation of hardware, none of it makes sense together. Long before we bring crypto and NFT's into it, this is shady as hell. 

I don't get you. I cannot understand why you would look at this and do anything but cringe. This will fail, that's guaranteed.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

I don't get you. I cannot understand why you would look at this and do anything but cringe. This will fail, that's guaranteed.

Personally, I am  not vouching for this and any statement I made was only in all possible light made to show how unrealistic the project is.

I am Interested in Crypto currency and NFT doesn't in any way mean I would jump into just any gibberish that is said or announced and start investing in it, my interest surrounds basically my study of how the crypto currency and NFT world operates and what realistic benefits it could give to any Intending Investor.

For the sake of knowledge I went into more detailed study of the NFT and crypto currency, though I have only Invested in crypto currency and not in NFT because after all my study NFT still looks shady and doesn't hold any ground and might die out soon just as you predicted.

If my tone and manner of explanation gives you reasons to think that I am Interested in the pollium project , I want to state categorically that I am not interested in it.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

Now you're just steeling lines straight out of the meeting the conmen at Polium has when they came up with this scam.

Well, if you have been studying about NFT and crypto currency you will know that the time it takes for a crypto or NFT project to become live or launch is actually among the determining factor of it's  authenticity not because pollium said it or I stole it as you said but Because it's a known fact in the crypto currency and NFT world.

Getting this off the ground, with all their promises, is not going to happen. I don't think they have the slightest clue how hard it actually is to run a system at 8K, 120fps with HDR. This isn't child's play. Even the big 3 can't promise that. They can make systems that support it, but it takes them years and years of R&D to even approach something like this.

“Some of you are not passionate about Web 3 and are only here for entertainment and FUD. But we will start banning people. Anything is possible when you are passionate about a problem. We will deliver. Stay tuned.”

Holy hell, where do I even begin.
This thing isn't even out, nor is it in development, and they're already talking about banning people. They're "passionate about a problem? They have no idea what they just said. It seems to me that they're living for those predicted problems. This is just another Truth Social project that will ban anyone who disagrees with them. They said themselves that they're doing this to fail. Not in those exact words mind you, but they've made that abundantly clear.

And their fingerprint scanner? Do these jackasses even know how expensive that technology is?! And what the hell is this "wallet" feature? Is it a direct link to your bank account, or your crypyo/NFT collection? That is EXTREMELY problematic. Anyone could come along and wipe them out. There's a lot of people who don't want some unknown company to have their fingerprint, as that's a huge personal safety risk. With those two things alone, identity theft is definitely in this things future.

They're just as bad, if not worse, than a politician. Promises of a glorious future (or in this case, product), with no delivery on those promises.

This is a bad idea from all aspects. And if they were somehow to include everything they promise, this thing would cost $1,500 at least. No one is going to pay that. Even the PS5 and Series X/S scalpers weren't charging that much. And those 2 systems were in such high demand that some people were literally willing to kill for one. People got hurt in the stampede on launch day. Yet this thing is only going to be known to a handful of people, and they expect to sell it, and apparently, make a profit from it.

I've seen deluded people before, but these 4 idiots take the grand prize.

I don't think another console can succeed on this market either. We've gotten so many more random consoles on the market, from the VCS and I think there's a couple others trying to make things happen, but for the most part, none of these consoles have competed at all with the big three. I don't think they can compete. This little console is going to be  a failure, much like NFTs are becoming. 

On 7/5/2022 at 11:14 AM, Shagger said:

There so much wrong here that I am not sure where to even start. The one thing I won't do though is talk about Blockchain and NFT games because they are terrible and the only reason to play them is be the fool that thinks you're going to make money doing so, but I want to quickly point out that if this thing is only going to run those types of games then that is a huge problem right off the bat. Still, I'll leave that on the back burner and focus on the console itself.

I think I'll start with the one thing Polium has said the I actually believe, that they only have four people working on this. That's a problem as that just isn't enough people to get the basic interface design elements correct, both in terms of software and hardware, to make it user friendly for a wide verity of people. PlayStation probably employed more people than that to decide the placement of the Disk Eject button on the PS4 Pro, and they still managed to make it awkward for me, so what chance have these not-even-a-handful of idiots got?

Then there's that claim they'll have games running at 8K, 120fps with HDR enabled;

judge-judy.gif.ad097851e46972d7ba42763a364d585e.gif

It makes sense that they make this claim, after all the only people stupid enough to believe that are same people who would buy into this whole NFT, Blockchain game nonsense in the first place. Maybe there is a Blockchain version of Pong out there, and if there is I'll confess they might get that to run at 8K 120 fps with HDR enabled, but suffice to say for anything else I doubt it. At the very the least it's a bullshit claim to make at this point when we know nothing about the hardware of this thing, they haven't even built a prototype yet. It's likely the console won't actually run games itself.  I believe it will be like Stadia and work as a streaming device for games, but if Stadia has proven anything it's that that technology is still too young and not ready yet and it's really not ready for the kind of ambitious numbers Polium are claiming. So whatever way I look at it, they are talking out their ass.

Then there's Polium's attitude. Like so many who run these NFT, Blockchain scams, they come at criticism by claiming that those people don't understand. It even appears Polium has thier own fun little acronym for these doubts, "FUD" (I don't know about the rest of the world, but here is the UK, the term "Fud" is a literal insult, I means "moron" or something to that effect). Yeah nice touch, very dignified and mature. It's actually stands for "Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt", but no Polium.

1. We don't "Fear" this. Even at it's worst this is a scam that won't hurt people with more than half a brain, so why would we fear it?
  2. We're not "Uncertain", on the contrary we  know exactly what we are talking about when we call this shit out for what it is. You wish we were uncertain, then you might actually rope us in.
  3. And we are in no "Doubt" whatsoever. Much like how NFT's and the Metaverse has doing hard over this past year, this console is going to crash and burn. Even if this stupid console did come out, by that time the entire infrastructure it's meant to work with will probably have burned down completely, and that is what people actually want. This was doomed before it even get's started.

The last thing I want to touch is creatively inept this thing is, exposing even further how blatantly shallow NFT's really are. The controller is a rip of off a DualShock, the console itself is tiny, looks generic and could easily be mistaken for a Wi-Fi hub or something. Even Polium's logo itself looks strangely familiar...

medium-dc9dae3e92ee7fbc2ce3117c855eb3a8.png.1c17fefac1f9c535ed6ed4aa23af08c6.png

Ok, Nintendo, this time we'd be totally OK with you suing somebody. To be fair, Polium has already announced they plan to re-design the logo, but even so the point stands. There is no creative soul to this at all and these people do not know what the hell they're doing.

Even with some of the worst products or product concepts I've seen in my life, I have always found something to praise about it, I've found something about it that makes sense, something redeemable. With this though, I have been defeated. No matter how hard I try, I cannot think of anything I like about this thing. I actually feel like a bit of an idiot just for spending so much time putting this post together, the Polium One was not worthy of this from me. It is a terrible idea convinced by terrible people made exclusively for twits who deserve to be conned to buy. Polium are going to realise too late that they are in way over thier head. This is a joke at best, a scam at worst with nothing worthwhile in between.

For the love of god, if you reading this gets the chance, do not support this. Do not buy it, do not take part in any kind of crowdfund if it happens, do not even engage with Polium just to criticize them. Live your life like this thing doesn't exist.

The fact that they had the nerve to basically rip off the Gamecube logo already had red flags written over it for me. As a matter of fact, from they said NFT game console, it's dead to me already.

Remember how I said how creatively inept this idea was with how generic the console looked, the soulless nature of the concept and how even the logo itself ripped off the gamecube logo? Well it turns out it gets worse/better!

The very design mock up of the console is itself a rip-off of a failed South Korean console called the Behance Oasis! This was first reported on Twitter as seen below.

FW6mYz5VQAMMnCN.thumb.jpg.5097495ea22b4f37affe7ba93d435920.jpg

Here's a more detailed report and update from YongYea:

I can't exactly say I'm surprised.

Edited by Shagger

If you look at the website you will see this logo:

1646963116_Polium1.jpg.a40f22e08171586f68e220aea5828876.jpg

But if you look at the front of the "console" you see this logo:

502296590_Polium2.jpg.8df155d14133bb0950e17532f61178f9.jpg

They just can't get past the Game Cube ripoff. They may try to change it later on when they launch this "console". But the proof is still out there that this is most likely a hoax. And a bad one at that. Someone saying they had a threesome with Bigfoot and Nessie would be more believable.

However if it's in fact not a hoax, and these idiots actually are trying to make this thing, OMG. They are in for a world of hurt.