Register Now
DC

The first NFT game console has been announced

I won't quote the article ver batim (though I strongly recommend people read it fully rather than just what myself and others quote), but here's some interesting tidbits that stand out to me:

Web 3 company Polium claims its ‘Polium One’ system will be “the world’s first multi-chain gaming console” that will be capable of running games built on different blockchains.

Such as...?

“The console will be powerful enough to run high-performance games and will be easy to use for a traditional gamer who doesn’t understand Web 3,” Polium claims.

So what is Web 3? Because right now "Metaverse" and "Crypto" are buzzwords used by people who want to impress investors, not actually move the World Wide Web forward like what came with Web 2.0. You can't just say "who doesn't understand Web 3" and then proceed to not explain what it is, which right now the Wikipedia page only confirms my suspicions.

The console, which Polium says will be released in Q3 2024, will only be able to be pre-ordered by players who buy a ‘Polium Pass’, an NFT on the Ethereum network of which 10,000 will be minted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this therefore mean there's only going to be 10,000 of these things sold? If so this leads me to the next bit,

Despite Polium’s admission that only four people are working on the hardware, it also claims that the console will be capable of 8K HDR at 120fps and ray tracing.

How are you going to cover the costs if only 10,000 people are paying for these passes? Games consoles are sold at a loss: the games and accessories themselves make up for the losses. What "games built on different blockchains" are going to make up the cost of hardware that can run games at 8K HDR, 120 FPS, ray tracing whilst being accessed by a fingerprint scanner?

Regarding the logo they say this much:

“It looks familiar but GameCube has a G and the cube represents their name,” the company replied on Twitter. “Our cube represents blockchain and the P stands for Polium.”

OK, I guess...? You couldn't just change the logo anyway, just to be sure? Your brand isn't going to hit store shelves or wherever for another two years, you've got plenty of time to change it.

“We have been receiving FUD and criticism regarding our ability to execute,” the statement reads. “To clarify, it’s four of us that are building the functional prototype for the console and controller.

Four guys and a 3D Printer, essentially. That's a romcom waiting to happen.

Regarding the lack of any confirmed games, the statement reads: “There will be games on the console, and we will make some announcements soon. We are currently speaking to game developers.

...you didn't speak to developers before you decided to make your console?

Jesus wept on an 30p NFT.

I am not really a big fan of NFTs, but I love crypto. One thing I wouldn't do is 'convincing someone to invest in NFTs or crypto. It is an optional stuff, now we have the first NFTs console announced, it isn't official yet, but it is expected to become official soon. 

I wouldn't go on to stress that the project gonna be a rip off, since admin didn't spot that, we just need to observe first, and back date our claims before making it public. It is true that lots of people aren't comfortable with crypto or NFTs, but truth be told, some users who are trading this digital assets are gaining immensely from it, and some too aren't making any progress. Crypto and the so-called NFTs are win/win project, if you win you win, if you lose you lose, the developers of those assets gain just as we've seen around most crypto projects.  

I don't play NFTs games to make a living, even if I trade crypto to earn extra cash, I wouldn't be moved to use this NFT console to play NFT games if it doesn't worth it. At this time, I wouldn't say much, rather, I'll cross my hands and watch how this gonna unfold in the future. 

Aren't NFTs dying out left and right as of late? I've been heard about stories about the fall of NFTs and how they are starting to fail. I don't see any appeal in them, the idea that you can own this digital art, is dumb to me. I know there's more to it than that, but NFTs are now being used in digital game items, like with this dumb console. I get that the reason people like it, is that the NFT is supposed to be the only one like it and it can't be replicated. Which I guess is cool in gaming, but is it really worth it? A digital item that you use for what exactly? 

They just don't make sense to me. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, Kane99 said:

Aren't NFTs dying out left and right as of late? I've been heard about stories about the fall of NFTs and how they are starting to fail. I don't see any appeal in them, the idea that you can own this digital art, is dumb to me. I know there's more to it than that, but NFTs are now being used in digital game items, like with this dumb console. I get that the reason people like it, is that the NFT is supposed to be the only one like it and it can't be replicated. Which I guess is cool in gaming, but is it really worth it? A digital item that you use for what exactly? 

They just don't make sense to me. 

When you buy an NFT, you're not even buying digital artwork, you're buying a receipt that says you own that digital artwork. That receipt is then authenticated through the blockchain to give value to the item that receipt claims you own. The more people you convince to invest in your NFT's in your blockchain, the more they are, quote on quote, "worth". It's a pyramid scheme, basically.

You are right through, people are wising up and not investing in this bullshit anymore, and that's why NFT's are collapsing. I get junk e-mail from crypto companies and such all the time (It's not even filters I put up myself, my email client just recognises them as junk, that's not legit these business are), and one I got recently actully tried to convince the reader the collapse of the metaverse and crypto is actually a reason to invest in it. I'm not kidding, look;

crypo1.thumb.png.a08141692a732e5071ef692311a47e5a.png

image_2022-07-14_214045000.thumb.png.12f61a20713e071478de8e1a2b510bef.png

Remember, this went straight to my junk. This whole thing is scam, even my e-mail knows that.