Register Now
DC

What's a game you should like but just find too mundane/bad

For me it's Horizon Zero Dawn. The setting is amazing but unfortunately the voice acting and dialogue is poorly done, making the game boring and quite frankly, unplayable.

The last of us -> I tried multiple times to get into the game and i know it's blasphemy to say this but i just can't get into the characters and the world itself. It's probably just me as i've never been huge on naughty dog their recent games. 

That would most certainly be the game called A perfect day, though its a really a good game according to reviews and people who were able to play it but It wasn't English supported so it was practically useless getting it even though I really wanted to.

That's actually a tough one to answer. Lately I wouldn't say I find games mundane or bad, at least not ones that have a big audience and fan base. I personally can't think of any games at the moment. Maybe Fortnite to some extent. Because it can be kinda mundane at times, especially when I play alone. I can't play the game alone, have to play with my friends or nephew at the very least. If not, I just don't play. Or I check out the creative modes and just mess around in those. But otherwise, Fotnite can be kind of mundane. I wouldn't say it's bad though. 

9 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Skyrim and Witcher 3.

Being fantasy games, they should be right up my alley, as that's my absolute favorite genre. But they just don't draw me in or capture my interest. Also the controls for Skyrim are so wonky, that I just can't stand it.

I'm with you on Skyrim. Witcher 3 almost lost me too at the early stages because it was so overwhelming with all the potions, gear you have to keep up with. Cyberpunk 2077 by that same developer has done the exact same thing to me in the early stages where I feel overwhelmed and I completely stopped playing it now. Not a bad game at all; it's actually pretty good. But geez, damn, wtf, ......... every free second I have I get new alerts and new contacts. Leave me the hell alone and let me explore. That developer loves to overwhelm. 

I know the point of it is to be mundane, but Viscera Cleanup Detail. In VCD you're part of a cleanup crew who... cleans up. That's the game. You idle away time by washing bloodstains, bucketing gore and ejecting it from space stations, temple ruins and Santa's Workshop. It should be a nice 'podcast' game, the one you can just listen to or record a podcast to.

Its problem, which wasn't a problem at the time, is that already exists in so many open world games and collectathons. It was from a time when the genre was essentially starved of that sort of stuff, and now I can just get 100% from completing a game, without needing to go back through a level because I missed a few specks of blood.

Mundane is not a criticism I apply liberally; on the contrary, in today's sensory Hell mundane can be good. But I can already do plenty of mundane things in extravagant games such as reputation farming in World of Warcraft, or simply cruising through the open worlds of older Grand Theft Auto games.

I don't know that I've ever found a game I couldn't play. 

Of course, I normally play Mario games and Harry Potter games (most of the time).  It's very rare for me to get off that and into something else.  So far, I've never found a bad Mario game or Harry Potter game. 

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Skyrim and Witcher 3.

Being fantasy games, they should be right up my alley, as that's my absolute favorite genre. But they just don't draw me in or capture my interest. Also the controls for Skyrim are so wonky, that I just can't stand it.

I really enjoyed Skyrim, but I couldn't handle the multitude of menus with The Witcher 3. It was just too much for me to learn and grasp and I just couldn't do it. But with Skyrim it was a bit easier for me. Though there was a lot that I still never got, I did enjoy my time playing it. Though it did get frustratingly hard at times. 

Mine would be Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater.

This game is arguably one of my favorite games but one thing that makes it very difficult for me play the game was its control. It's as horrible as they come. It took the Hideo Kojima 2 years to get the control of the game perfectly in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. 

Edited by Heatman

Gears of War 3. I was playing couch coop with my brother and during one of the missions I realized I was pulling a lot of the weight in the fights. My brother had fallen asleep. I was so bored anyway we never finished. Haven't touched the series since and it looks like that was a good call.

Also Horizon. I talked about this earlier but that game is incredibly boring to me. The only thing that isn't is the view.

All souls games, I loved all the trailer of Souls games, but when I got into each of them, I couldn't make any real progress due how difficult they're made. But the hardest for me is 'dark souls 3, their was no real progress made. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

All souls games, I loved all the trailer of Souls games, but when I got into each of them, I couldn't make any real progress due how difficult they're made. But the hardest for me is 'dark souls 3, their was no real progress made.

Yeah I get really frustrated with those souls games. They're way too hard for me. I would love to get into them and progress, but I have no patience for it to be honest.