Register Now
DC

What game would be the worst to live in if you're not a main character?

Mine would be borderlands because every single thing in Pandora would be after your life as more than half of humans living are all bandits and wouldn't waste a single second to shoot you on first sight.

GTA series for sure. Who would want to be in a world where you could get killed any second. Than again, that feels like real life already lol. But another would probably be RDR2 or 1, simply because of the same idea with GTA, but instead you're stuck in a time without gaming/tv etc. I don't think I could ever do it honestly. I'd be one of those NPCs looking for money in RDR2, or one of the guys getting mowed down by Arthur and his gang lol. 

To be fair, most games you probably don't want to be the NPC, or a side character. Main reason why, is because you could be the victim, could be the villain and could be just there to do nothing. 

But any games where you can kill an NPC, I don't think I'd want to be in that world. Yeah sure it'd be fun to some extent, but I imagine you'd tire of being killed in game all the time. Or, you get tired of doing the same things in game. NPCs don't usually do much, so I imagine it'd be fairly boring as well. 

The Kingdom Hearts universe would be an absolute nightmare to live in for anyone who isn't capable of wielding a keyblade. Your homeworld can at any second get overrun by monsters of darkness that are immune to non-magical weapons and can devour the heart of your world in a matter of hours, sending it into the realm of darkness. And even if you have space travel, you still can't flee to another world unless you have a keyblade or some sort of inborn magical ability to bypass all of the barriers.

There are quite a number of game's world that I wouldn't like to find myself in and certainly not being the main character would make it very difficult. Games such as Horizon Zero Dawn where the robots are going to make it a hell for you to survive, in Fallout where is definitely difficult to deal the Fallout of nuclear radiation and so on. 

Rage one and two, I have brought both and only played the frist game, but I must say if you aren't a main character then it's hell if you are in that world of that game XD.

Loved the style and the game feel, it's like borderland's and fallout child all in id-style. It seemed to be low budget at the time but new one could be a big game, I've only heard from a few close friends that they weren't impressed. But that tells me,  it makes sense for BethSoft to promote the hell out of a reboot/sequel. The original Rage is not going to sell itself. They'll have to overhaul all marketing to really show off whatever they've done to make the game look great.

Any GTA game at all. I wouldn't try living in such kind of bizarre city had it been I'm not the main protagonist. Even as the main protagonist without cheat, I suffer the most hit in the game, opposition attacks me like I am a complete terrorist in the country. Civilians suffers unpleasant death, like they're in a death toll, if I'm one of the civilians in the game, I wouldn't breadth more than a minute due to hypertension. 

On 7/7/2022 at 11:48 PM, Kane99 said:

To be fair, most games you probably don't want to be the NPC, or a side character. Main reason why, is because you could be the victim, could be the villain and could be just there to do nothing. 

But any games where you can kill an NPC, I don't think I'd want to be in that world. Yeah sure it'd be fun to some extent, but I imagine you'd tire of being killed in game all the time. Or, you get tired of doing the same things in game. NPCs don't usually do much, so I imagine it'd be fairly boring as well. 

NPC's are always exposed to harsh treatments in most games they appear in. There are some games where they are not supposed to be killed or harmed but some gamers takes pride in just killing them for fun or as sports. The life of an NPC is always a sad one. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

NPC's are always exposed to harsh treatments in most games they appear in. There are some games where they are not supposed to be killed or harmed but some gamers takes pride in just killing them for fun or as sports. The life of an NPC is always a sad one. 

And that's why games have a system to stop you, or try and stop you. For example, if I go on a killing spree in rdr2, I could amass a blunt of hundreds of dollars. Which means lawmen and bounty hunters will keep coming after you. 

In hitman for example, it lowers your score if you killed inoccent people. But it still gives you the option to kill them if you want. 

There's another game where I don't want to be an npc. The hitman series. 

Eyes front, stiff upper lip, that's it. Don't turn your head. Don't you dare. Just ignore him running along the walls at supersonic speed. Ignore the writhing mass in his hand. It's not a person. It's. Just. Pixels. Don't close your eyes, he'll know. He'll come for you next if he detects any weakness. Oh... oh God... what's he doing to--?! He's eating him--, no... absorbing him! Christ in Heaven, why does he have to do it where I can see him doing it why can't I just close my eyes why do I have to hear the squelching RUN RUN THEY'VE SEEN HIM NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO ESCAPE RUN DESPAWN RUN DESPAWN RUN D

~

Prototype would be my guess. Or Carrion. It's one thing to be an expendable NPC in an open world sandbox. It's another to be an expendable NPC in an open world sandbox that is full of body horror. I've just got done reading the comic Spread so that's why such a choice is fresh in my mind.

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And that's why games have a system to stop you, or try and stop you. For example, if I go on a killing spree in rdr2, I could amass a blunt of hundreds of dollars. Which means lawmen and bounty hunters will keep coming after you. 

In hitman for example, it lowers your score if you killed inoccent people. But it still gives you the option to kill them if you want. 

There's another game where I don't want to be an npc. The hitman series. 

The same game system works in both ways as well with regards to killing NPC's because there are some games that rewards you for killing them as a fair game. 

Take for instance in games like Sifu, Bloodborne, God of War 3, and Hitman : Blood Money with the 47 kills that's required where killing NPC's counts but you should keep count not to over do it.