Register Now
Kane99

Red Dead Redemption 2 fans are planning a funeral for Red Dead Online

7 hours ago, Empire said:

Even if they make new game, it just won't be the same. The Houser bros have left and so have Leslie Benzies and Lazlow. Basically the core team behind the GTAs are gone. I still have hopes for GTA VI, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a very generic action game.

Yeah it's weird to see them gone. But maybe a new generation of devs will give new life to the series. We all know the franchise hasn't really changed all too much. It's the same game most of the time with changes here and there. I think someone else taking charge could be good. 

Anyway, back to rdr2. I'm tempted to go to this funeral just to see how many people it brings online. But idk if I want to bother with loading up online lol. 

Personally, I don't think Rockstar still have much interest in Red Dead Online because it's very obvious that most fans have moved on from the game. The company is more invested in their GTA games right about now and with GTA 6 in development, it's going to be very difficult for them to give attention to Red Dead Online. 

Did anyone here actually go to this so called funeral? I didn't because I felt it was pointless. If anything jumping into the game will probably help the game out, so I didn't want to support Rockstar by giving them a jump in gamers joining them. 

I did a search and found that it did bring in some gamers. I thought the funeral was recently, but it looks like it happened on the 13th. 

Check out some details about the funeral here - https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/rdr2-and-reddeadfuneral-red-dead-online-funeral-trending-on-twitt/z24725

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Did anyone here actually go to this so called funeral? I didn't because I felt it was pointless. If anything jumping into the game will probably help the game out, so I didn't want to support Rockstar by giving them a jump in gamers joining them. 

I did a search and found that it did bring in some gamers. I thought the funeral was recently, but it looks like it happened on the 13th. 

Check out some details about the funeral here - https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/rdr2-and-reddeadfuneral-red-dead-online-funeral-trending-on-twitt/z24725

The only they were able to do for game was getting #RedDeadFuneral to trend on Twitter but that's not going to change anything about what's Rockstar plans for the game because they have definitely abandoned the game. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

The only they were able to do for game was getting #RedDeadFuneral to trend on Twitter but that's not going to change anything about what's Rockstar plans for the game because they have definitely abandoned the game. 

Yeah I figured it wasn't going to really help anything. I haven't heard anything since and I feel like Rockstar don't care about the game anymore. It would have been nice if they did some actual work online, but they don't care. All they care about is making money and they clearly don't see money in RDR2 online anymore. If they did, they would have supported it like they do with GTA with tons of new missions, items and more. Yeah RS gives out some stuff to RDR2 gamers, but it's not nearly close to what they offer with GTA V. 

But oh well, I'll continue to enjoy the story of RDR2 and will skip out on the online mode. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I figured it wasn't going to really help anything. I haven't heard anything since and I feel like Rockstar don't care about the game anymore. It would have been nice if they did some actual work online, but they don't care. All they care about is making money and they clearly don't see money in RDR2 online anymore. If they did, they would have supported it like they do with GTA with tons of new missions, items and more. Yeah RS gives out some stuff to RDR2 gamers, but it's not nearly close to what they offer with GTA V. 

But oh well, I'll continue to enjoy the story of RDR2 and will skip out on the online mode. 

Rockstar is quite a very big company that can take up on two projects at the same time with their development of GTA 6. If they wanted to support Red Dead Online and still be working on the new GTA 6 game, they can pull that off but it's not part of their plan. I'm even having a feeling that they might pull the plug on the game completely when GTA 6 development is completed - it's just a random thought I have. 

On 7/22/2022 at 4:14 AM, Heatman said:

Rockstar is quite a very big company that can take up on two projects at the same time with their development of GTA 6. If they wanted to support Red Dead Online and still be working on the new GTA 6 game, they can pull that off but it's not part of their plan. I'm even having a feeling that they might pull the plug on the game completely when GTA 6 development is completed - it's just a random thought I have. 

They could easily support it, but I think Rockstar knows RDO is dead. And to them, it's probably not worth it to support it as much as say GTA Online. 

I hate to say it, but it is the truth. They didn't support online enough, so it slowly died, and now they are going to leave it behind. I just wish they'd support it some more. Or give us more freedom in the online mode or in our own servers. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:45 PM, Kane99 said:

They could easily support it, but I think Rockstar knows RDO is dead. And to them, it's probably not worth it to support it as much as say GTA Online. 

I hate to say it, but it is the truth. They didn't support online enough, so it slowly died, and now they are going to leave it behind. I just wish they'd support it some more. Or give us more freedom in the online mode or in our own servers. 

Exactly!! That's why I had that feeling and it's as sad as it can be because the game really made sense till they started pulling away from supporting it. 

Let's just take the GTA series they are giving more attention now and play it because they have taken away that choice from us. 

On 7/26/2022 at 12:45 PM, Kane99 said:

So true - it has great elements but RDO never got half the support GTA online got and they even indirectly said it in a post.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:54 PM, killamch89 said:

So true - it has great elements but RDO never got half the support GTA online got and they even indirectly said it in a post.

You that till date, I don't seem to understand the reason why Rockstar had to not support Red Dead Online the same way that they did with GTA Online and it's not like it never got lots of gamers interest in it when it came out. Was it a change in management or they just decided to say fu*k it, we are done with RDO.

On 7/29/2022 at 3:54 PM, killamch89 said:

It sucks because they could easily add in more things to do. Hell give us cars, and other wacky things. So what if it doesn't work for the time. Give us more things like what GTA V offers, or give us certain game modes where we can do that. 

I think if they toyed with the online mode to match that of GTA V I think more people would try the online mode. Hell, give us the undead night are in rdonline. At least it would draw me and other fans back in. 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:09 PM, Kane99 said:

It sucks because they could easily add in more things to do. Hell give us cars, and other wacky things. So what if it doesn't work for the time. Give us more things like what GTA V offers, or give us certain game modes where we can do that. 

I think if they toyed with the online mode to match that of GTA V I think more people would try the online mode. Hell, give us the undead night are in rdonline. At least it would draw me and other fans back in. 

So true - I do like RDR Online as a concept and I've had a lot of fun in-game despite the issues. The issue is that GTA online is such a huge cash cow and was pretty successful right off the bat whereas RDR would need a more work as not everyone likes the Western theme.

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

So true - I do like RDR Online as a concept and I've had a lot of fun in-game despite the issues. The issue is that GTA online is such a huge cash cow and was pretty successful right off the bat whereas RDR would need a more work as not everyone likes the Western theme.

There's just so much more you can do with GTA Online. They can add cars, planes, jet packs, and all that jazz and it would go over well. If Rockstar is set on keeping RDR online as a western game, and keep it grounded in the time, then there's not a whole lot we can do online to match GTA V. We got horses and wagons, that's really about it. 

But like I said before, if they just added mp DLC like they do with GTA V, like bring out undead nightmare 2 for example, it could go over very well. Hell it'd bring people back in to the online mode I bet. Even though the undead pack was a single player thing, they could easily work it out to an online mode. 

30 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

There's just so much more you can do with GTA Online. They can add cars, planes, jet packs, and all that jazz and it would go over well. If Rockstar is set on keeping RDR online as a western game, and keep it grounded in the time, then there's not a whole lot we can do online to match GTA V. We got horses and wagons, that's really about it. 

But like I said before, if they just added mp DLC like they do with GTA V, like bring out undead nightmare 2 for example, it could go over very well. Hell it'd bring people back in to the online mode I bet. Even though the undead pack was a single player thing, they could easily work it out to an online mode. 

I'd appreciate some DLC for RDR online but Rockstar are going about this economically - GTA online makes them the most money so they'll pay more attention to that game to keep the cash cow going.

14 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'd appreciate some DLC for RDR online but Rockstar are going about this economically - GTA online makes them the most money so they'll pay more attention to that game to keep the cash cow going.

It sucks, because there's so much potential in RDR2 that they could easily do some work with the multiplayer side of it. But, they only care about their bottom dollar and with RDR online, they clearly aren't making tons of money on their shark cards, so they're of course going to drop their support and focus on where the money is. Just sucks, because there's so much they could do with the game, and it's as if they're just peacing out of it. I hate it. 😞