Register Now
Kane99

Lollipop Chainsaw Remake Announced

https://www.frontlinejp.net/2022/07/05/lollipop-chainsaw-remake-announced/

I never played the original game, but I heard it has a huge cult following and has a lot of fans. And from what I hear it's a pretty decent game. Now, there is word that a remake is coming. This is why I like remakes, only when they focus on a game that came out 10 years ago. Not these remakes that are dropping 2-4 years after release. Anyway, is this a buy for you? I may eventually check it out. 

I was never really interested in this game in the past, though I know a few people who played it back then, but with the new remake I might check it out a little bit and if it suits my Interest as much as I like then I would play it.

It's a great game that will make you think wtf a couple of times. Just mindless dumb fun with some really dark sense of humour and imo one of the better games from suda51, eventough it gets a little repetitive after a while but the wacky characters make you want to continue playing the game and if you like hack and slash games this is a no brainer. Do play the game on a higher difficulty because on the lowest diffculty somebody with zero gaming experience would be able to beat the game fairly easy.

I'll probably end up getting the remaster if it's priced accordingly or when it goes on a sale because let's face it, you can't charge full price for this.

Edited by Yaramaki

5 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

It's a great game that will make you think wtf a couple of times. Just mindless dumb fun with some really dark sense of humour and imo one of the better games from suda51, eventough it gets a little repetitive after a while but the wacky characters make you want to continue playing the game and if you like hack and slash games this is a no brainer. Do play the game on a higher difficulty because on the lowest diffculty somebody with zero gaming experience would be able to beat the game fairly easy.

I'll probably end up getting the remaster if it's priced accordingly or when it goes on a sale because let's face it, you can't charge full price for this.

I like weird and random games, so I may have to finally give the game a shot. I remember hearing good things about it when it originally came out, but I put it off because I thought it would be weird if I played it. Now, I just don't care. I'm always willing to try games I've never experienced before. This one looks like a fun and wild ride at least. 

34 minutes ago, JennyorAlice said:

It's very rare that I get off the Mario or Harry Potter games.  This doesn't look like something that I'll get into so I'll pass. 

To each their own I say. I know some won't like this type of game. I honestly put it off for years because I thought it was stupid. But now days I'm all for checking out these weird and random games. We don't get games like this anymore. Or I feel we don't. Though I'm sure there are a ton of weird and odd indie games out there that are similar. 😄 

If all you play is Mario and Harry Potter, I suggest branching out a bit, and experience other games. There's so much out there worth checking out. 🙂 

On 7/6/2022 at 4:12 AM, Crazycrab said:

This is great!  I think I mentioned in a thread a while ago that I've always wanted to play this, but because it's never been released on PC or newer consoles used copies are hard to find and tend to be expensive.

I do remember you and @Shagger and a few others were discussing this game. I've never played it myself but I don't mind checking it out once I can get it for a reasonable price upon release.

I wouldn't opt I'm for any remake that occured within 2-4 years of the original game. It has to be within 8-10 years when the original game was released. I never played this Chainsaw game, and I am not considering the remake either. 

I hope that was some translation error, since I played this for the first time on the PC running it at 4k/60 and the cartoony art style they took made the game age very well graphically. The only thing that really made it feel aged was the camera controls, since you can't independently control the camera when moving the character.

I'm sure they could update the textures, controls, etc. But I believe this is being said to be a remake. So it might be something from the ground up with just the core ideas in. That's a guess, but I could be wrong. 

I played the original first game and it was that super fun, so I'm very sure that this Remake will be something better if they put more effort into its development. 

On 7/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, Kane99 said:

I'm sure they could update the textures, controls, etc. But I believe this is being said to be a remake. So it might be something from the ground up with just the core ideas in. That's a guess, but I could be wrong. 

If they take what gamers look out for in the game, I'm sure they would come up with better upgrades or update in just about everything in the game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed here till the game gets released.