Register Now
Kane99

Racing games that deserve a comeback

27 minutes ago, Grungie said:

Road Rash was fun

I played road rash as well back in the days of Sega Genesis, I actually enjoyed the violent nature of the race and all it's illegalities.

I believe it would have a good comeback if someone thought to start it again.

Dead racing games don't deserve a comeback, rather others should run in front lol. 

If I'm spotting again for a dead racing games to make comeback, then I have to choose 'motor-storm, 'tourist-trophy, '4×4 evolution. They're just much to list, but this few needs a comeback, I enjoyed them earlier on. 

On 7/10/2022 at 10:49 AM, Grungie said:

Road Rash was fun

Yeah I miss it. Wasn't there a recent Road Rash game that came out that didn't do so good? Or am I thinking of a copycat game? I remember their being a road rage type game recently, maybe it wasn't road rage. 

But yeah, I'd love to see a faithful reboot/remake of that series. Really miss it. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

It would be very nice to have Stuntman and Destruction Derby make a solid comeback in the car race genre. I so much loved and enjoyed playing them years ago. 

I forgot about stuntman. I remember hearing it was actually a decent game, but also heard it can be frustrating at times. 

I feel like there are so many destruction derby type games out there. But, the more the better. I'd welcome a new game in that series. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I forgot about stuntman. I remember hearing it was actually a decent game, but also heard it can be frustrating at times. 

I feel like there are so many destruction derby type games out there. But, the more the better. I'd welcome a new game in that series. 

I get that the game Stuntman can be quite frustrating because it definitely was from my experience playing it then but if it was that easy, it's going to be a boring game and gamers would move on from it quickly. 

On 7/26/2022 at 11:52 AM, Heatman said:

It would be very nice to have Stuntman and Destruction Derby make a solid comeback in the car race genre. I so much loved and enjoyed playing them years ago. 

Never played stuntman but I used to watch my older cousins play it.

I was just too infected by the pokemon red and blue version to be bothered about it.

When I finally started playing on PlayStation 2 the game wasn't such a big thing anymore.

Need for Speed Underground (specifically the underground ones). Oh, and Mario Kart of course.

But as is already talked about being done with the next Mario Kart, it may be more or less like a Super Smash Brothers Kart (involving a plethora of Nintendo characters), which I've personally want before MK8.

Mario Kart 8 is like the best selling Switch game so they are still milking it, but the original version of that title still came out in like 2014. That's like 8 years of them not releasing a mainline Mario Kart, although I haven't tried the one where you build stuff and race the physical toy Mario Kart around your house because I haven't had the money; it sounds cool though and will get it eventually.

I was going to suggest POD (Planet Of Death) but its grimy 90s 3D visuals suit it. To bring that back all cleaned up would make it the PON (Planet of Niceness), and that won't do. Getting modern controllers to work with it would be grand though.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:41 PM, Techno said:

Blur, I've never played it but I can tell that it's a fun game. A combat filled racing game is something I've been wanting and Blur looks like it's exactly what I wanted.

I loved Blur to no end. It's the nicest middle-ground between tonally-grounded street racing games and kart racers. I need that to make a comeback.

On 7/8/2022 at 12:04 PM, Empire said:

Have you tried Stuntman: Ignition? It's a mission driving game where your basic goal is to do specific stunts at specific points and make it through the run, but your real goal is to chain little stunts all the way through the level.

I hadn't played much of it and remember even less, but I thought it was OK at best. Then again that's all the more reason for a comeback: to improve on the original formula.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:41 PM, Techno said:

Blur, I've never played it but I can tell that it's a fun game. A combat filled racing game is something I've been wanting and Blur looks like it's exactly what I wanted.

Blur is hands down one of best combat racing games ever made in my opinion. I never got tired of it for once. It's just like what they wanted to do with Death Race but Blur was way better. 

I would absolutely love to see the burnout games make a comeback if I am honest. I remember playing Burnout Paradise and that game was amazing, but I can't say I have seen any other Burnout games released since then or if they have, I have missed them. Burnout Paradise is definitely the one that sticks out to me and to have something similar to that make a comeback would be amazing!

On 11/28/2022 at 1:27 AM, killamch89 said:

Midnight Club

Midnight club 3 released in 2005 that was available on the PlayStation 2 was my absolute favorite, I am still very much surprised that this game just went dormant and we haven't seen or heard anything about it for a long time.