Register Now
Techno

Xbox Exclusives For 2022

I've noticed a problem in that Xbox has bought a ton of studios and yet is having a problem with exclusives. 2022 alone only has smaller titles as exclusives. While I'm sure the games coming out will be good (there is Pentiment, Grounded 1.0, Scorn, High On Life, As Dusk Falls) there seems to be a lack of AAA titles. Does anyone else have a problem with this?

3 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

What kind of exclusive would they make that compares to a game like TLOU for Sony? It would have to be the best game around for me to want to get an Xbox for that exclusive. 

Something like Hellblade 2, the first Hellblade was fantastic and the trailers for it so far look really impressive. I'm guessing it'll release in late 2023 though.

I don't really have a problem with this because i'm used to lack of exclusives on xbox and as it looks now Sony doesen't seem to have all that much exclusive content coming either this year. Well nothing that interest me much anyway. Those smaller titles you listed could turn out to be suprisingly good and become future classics but who knows, guess only time will tell.

Edited by Yaramaki
Forgot to add something

They seem to have a good catalog of indie titles and other such things. Plus with their purchase of Bethesda and some of the others, it's likely we'll see some AAA titles come soon. I do with they released more AAA exclusives of their own, but if the payoff is that we get a ton of great indie titles, or smaller games in general, that may be fine too. 

I don't know what's on the horizon for Xbox, but I feel like they're going to be fine, even if they don't have many triple A exclusives lined up.