Register Now
kingpotato

Yugioh Creator Kazuki Takahashi dies at age 60

It's never good news to hear that a developer dies. While I was more a fan of MTG, YuGiOh was a massive success. Possibly even bigger than MTG. I used to know kids that traveled all around the state to compete in competitions.

I would bet that his lifelong dream was to be remembered for creating something memorable that would bring joy to others. And I would definitely say that he succeeded in that endeavor.

He had stopped doing character designs for the anime(s) after VRAINS, and its never felt the same since. The first 3 Yugioh series have some of the most unique and memorable character designs for me.

Let alone memories as a kid, waking up early just to catch an episode of Duel Monsters, GX, and 5Ds throughout my school years. RIP

On 7/12/2022 at 6:01 AM, Empire said:

He had stopped doing character designs for the anime(s) after VRAINS, and its never felt the same since. The first 3 Yugioh series have some of the most unique and memorable character designs for me.

Let alone memories as a kid, waking up early just to catch an episode of Duel Monsters, GX, and 5Ds throughout my school years. RIP

I particularly loved the Egyptian Gods from Duel Monsters. They always had some epic entrances when summoned during a duel.

I came across this news in another forum the other day and it was a shocker for me. It's so sad that Kazuki Takahashi had die at that age. With an investigation going on into his death, I hope they find what happened. He will surely be missed.